• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
so i just got to lvl 16 and am trying storm (man its such a playstyle change from my flamethrower colossus). Any tips on what seals I should be using? I'm guessing i should be hovering most of the time?

Yep you must hover now. Ice Storm/Burning Orb is still the best combination IMO. AoE CC & primer + AoE detonator = win, Ice Shards/Lighting Strike is not bad but not nearly as good as IS/BO. I also really like Arc Blast as a focus seal but it needs some cooldown reduction to really shine.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018

Going back and watching the e3 video is a trip. Just watching how the loot is handled in that video compared to what we ended up with is ;(

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, just sat down to chill with this for a bit and the servers are on fire. :(

S8zYWQa.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Yep you must hover now. Ice Storm/Burning Orb is still the best combination IMO. AoE CC & primer + AoE detonator = win, Ice Shards/Lighting Strike is not bad but not nearly as good as IS/BO. I also really like Arc Blast as a focus seal.
thanks before the server shit the bed i think i got ice storm, just need to find a burning orb now.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how do you get legendary contracts? i have 2 factions at max reputation and haven't seen one.

Edit: oh its a well known bug.....Division 2 it is

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

I really dislike this kind of naturalistic, conversational language when actually just describing something would be better. It reminds me of the Windows/Xbox "Something went wrong :(" thing during a crash. Like, just say the shit and don't pretty it up, please. It just makes it more annoying.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Saw a legendary during the mission I got booted from when servers crashed. I've been upset at Anthem for this kind of shit all week. I think it's time to ask for a refund.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wait how do you get legendary contracts? i have 2 factions at max reputation and haven't seen one
I don't think the rep actually has anything to do with it. I obtained legendary contracts prior to maxing it out. I'm pretty sure you have to complete each factions string of Agent Missions. Once you're done with all those, run a regular contract and when you get back to base you should see the legendary one appear. If you didn't know, you can run each factions legendary mission once a day. Also, the guaranteed master work from doing these is always a component.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Yep you must hover now. Ice Storm/Burning Orb is still the best combination IMO. AoE CC & primer + AoE detonator = win, Ice Shards/Lighting Strike is not bad but not nearly as good as IS/BO. I also really like Arc Blast as a focus seal but it needs some cooldown reduction to really shine.
Arc Blast/Burning Orb is better imo. Especially if you have a buddy that can prime.

Storm just doesn't freeze anything worth while besides the grunts/spiders and a single Arc Blast is enough to eliminate those anyhow.

I find the combination of ab/bo bo bo/ab better than the is is is/bo even with the combo damage. Then if a team mate lays down some primers it's combo city.

M2c

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Going back and watching the e3 video is a trip. Just watching how the loot is handled in that video compared to what we ended up with is ;(

Holy shit dude.
There was so much bullshit they fed to us back then. When the Walker fell over and knocked down some trees I just about flipped my desk. A lot of videogames go through changes and are advertised with bullshot trailers during their reveals, but Anthem might be one of the most egregious.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit dude.
There was so much bullshit they fed to us back then. When the Walker fell over and knocked down from trees I just about flipped my desk. A lot of videogames go through changes and are advertised with bullshot trailers during their reveals, but Anthem might be one of the most egregious.

You should always treat these kind of "gameplay reveals" as conceptual gameplay. That is the game they wanted to make, that's what they believed the game would ideally be. Then they actually got into development, trouble happened as usual, and cut, cut, cut. And, then we get the end product we received. A substandard version that could never live up to their ideal dream game.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What's the recommended power level for GM1?

"Power level" doesn't matter. What matters is that you have at least one Masterwork weapon that can actually deal some damage, and the rest is just to be decked out in pretty good Epics. From that point on, you still aren't going to be more than squishy until you do a few Legendary contracts (do three per day and pray your first three don't drop duplicate components). You are going to get carried through at least the first two, but that's better than constantly dying trying to finish otherwise.

so i just got to lvl 16 and am trying storm (man its such a playstyle change from my flamethrower colossus). Any tips on what seals I should be using? I'm guessing i should be hovering most of the time?

Can't really beat Ice Storm and Burning Orb for leveling up the Storm.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Think the biggest thing missing from that e3 vid are the insta kills that come out of nowhere because reasons.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You should always treat these kind of "gameplay reveals" as conceptual gameplay. That is the game they wanted to make, that's what they believed the game would ideally be. Then they actually got into development, trouble happened as usual, and cut, cut, cut. And, then we get the end product we received. A substandard version that could never live up to their ideal dream game.
Yep, there's been too many games that have shown "gameplay footage" at their reveal and been nothing like that, or only tangentially so. Nowadays unless the gameplay trailer is only a month or two out from release, I look at it as "If everything was perfect and time/money weren't an issue, this is what we would make" rather than something truly representative of the final product. And I say that as a general fan of Anthem.

I do wish that the loot looked as large on the ground as shown in that video. I don't like the pop up that blocks half the screen, but the effect before the player picks it up looks better.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a pretty big defender of anthem, but this will be the third time I've lost masterworks and legendaries from server/client crashes. And I know they should show up after doing another mission, but they have not. This is really unacceptable.

Nothing will make me stop playing a game quicker than making my time spent in it worthless.
Is there a "postmaster" that gather items you don't pick-up?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
5 years into development and within a year and a half of the initial release date, there's no way at all they thought they could deliver that game to us. It's ok to call it a lie. Devs lie to us all the time.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they're saying servers are back up but I can't connect on XBL.

Edit: Bah, sorry for double post lol

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You're absolutely right. 'sigh' What could've been.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017

No way dude, people should have learned their lesson after Killzone 2. Atleast that game actually delivered and made an in-engine trailer better than their fake CG one.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Yknow, a lot of the complaints to do with transitioning will be solved if they get rid of:

The stat screen. Jesus Christ, that's something that belongs in PvP. Just remove it. Let me gain experience during gameplay. Make the exp bar something that only pops up when experience is gained and then disappears.

Allow us to go through more contract than one....if a contract is basically an "instance" of the open world and not some version of freeplay where you're doing a special mission then honestly you need to revamp your game because it needs to be more seamless than that with how quickly some of them end.

Sorting those out will make everyone's experience much better. Make the launch bay more involving, if people wanna show of their emotes, talk, compare gear score so they can tackle GM2 missions, they can do it there.

I tried the Division 2 demo while the server was down, and seeing how well it was designed was a breathe of fresh air.....and very annoying, do you not look at your competition and how they do stuff? I played the first one and enjoyed it, unfortunately I couldn't enjoy TD2 because Anthems gameplay is just that much better....bar the AI.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
5 years into development and within a year and a half of the initial release date, there's no way at all they thought they could deliver that game to us. It's ok to call it a lie. Devs lie to us all the time.

Most games only come together within the last final year to months of development. And, Anthem seems like a game particularly egregious of this. It's clear the game went through some major restructuring and cutting at the end to actually push out a playable game. It's Andromeda all over again.

I don't think they were lying, these types of videos are rarely lies. They legitimately thought they could make that game, turns out they couldn't.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
My game is now crashing to desktop during the initial load from the title screen. 100% failure rate. I can't play the game anymore.
God damnit.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Match making...can't find any quickplay sessions on hard...is the population that low already or has everyone moved to GM1+

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
SO I think I know what bothers me now about the game. Tarsis def needs to be merged with the player area. would help the world not feel so disconnected. Also maybe add some actual mission givers in the Freeplay area too? I will say, after playing Division 2, I really like the feel of this game even more. Nothing again D2 of course as i enjoyed it as well, but I think i'll stick with Anthem for now.

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
I mean I'm sorta surprised you can even connect. Most people are still having problems right now, contrary to twitter saying everything is fine
Guess YMMV. I have two friends who have been playing just fine for the past hour+ but I can't get past the connection problem window. Sad part is I don't want to stop trying cuz I really wanna play right now lol. I should give it up for the night.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Im like 1 more crash from refunding this PoS.

Seriously i bought the game crashed like 10 times on the main loading screen then after finally getting in i do the tutorial then leave till today.

Now today i try to play and im still crashing on main loading screen and when it finally doesnt crash the servers are off.

Then i finally get in to do the 1 mission after the tuturial and crash while im loading into freeplay.

Fun times

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Im like 1 more crash from refunding this PoS.

Seriously i bought the game crashed like 10 times on the main loading screen then after finally getting in i do the tutorial then leave till today.

Now today i try to play and im still crashing on main loading screen and when it finally doesnt crash the servers are off.

Then i finally get in to do the 1 mission after the tuturial and crash while im loading into freeplay.

Fun times

They are having server issues.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
word. I think I'll do the same with my Colossus. The class wreaks of needing to look well-worn.

My Interceptor will probably be my shinest since I feel high-tech when I'm in it.

Yeah it would be much more suited to a Colossus or Ranger, but Storm is what I was playing at the time. Haha.

Once I get some more options for an ole rusty look, I'll do something similar on my Colossus for sure.

That looks great! I considered doing a similar worn look for one of mine but haven't tried yet.
That looks very cool. gj

Thanks!

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Arc Blast/Burning Orb is better imo. Especially if you have a buddy that can prime.

Storm just doesn't freeze anything worth while besides the grunts/spiders and a single Arc Blast is enough to eliminate those anyhow.

I find the combination of ab/bo bo bo/ab better than the is is is/bo even with the combo damage. Then if a team mate lays down some primers it's combo city.

M2c
Two best combos in endgame imo are Venomous Blaze/Black Ice and Venomous Blaze/Stasis Chain. Stasis Chain rips off shields, and Venomous Blaze turns Flame Burst into the only acid primer Storms have access to. Black Ice also freezes enemies around the target when killing, so you not only spread the primer on combos, but they get frozen too. It's a killer combo for groups.

I still only have amulet of winter, and no MW fire component, so I haven't tried Venomous Blaze/Ten Thousand Suns, but I can see that being a lot of fun.

So I guess I had a borked update or something. I ran a repair and now it's downloading a 3GB patch again. Hope this works.
My buddy had the exact same issue last night. Repair and maybe a reboot will fix it.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Two best combos in endgame imo are Venomous Blaze/Black Ice and Venomous Blaze/Stasis Chain. Stasis Chain rips off shields, and Venomous Blaze turns Flame Burst into the only acid primer Storms have access to. Black Ice also freezes enemies around the target when killing, so you not only spread the primer on combos, but they get frozen too. It's a killer combo for groups.

I still only have amulet of winter, and no MW fire component, so I haven't tried Venomous Blaze/Ten Thousand Suns, but I can see that being a lot of fun.

My buddy had the exact same issue last night. Repair and maybe a reboot will fix it.

I was playing around with Venomous Blaze/Stasis Chain earlier and I really liked it. I will have to try it out with Black Ice.