• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Alright so with regards to load times there seems to be some super huge impacts based on your PC build. My friend has the 470 Zen+ chipset with PBO and is finding his worst load time was 10 seconds. This is running on 2700X and off an SSD. For me I'm running a 1700 on an SSD and my worst load time was about 20 seconds and that was more a cold boot into the game.

I am super interested to see different time lapses with different specs as it seems like that can impact how data is pushed through. I'm now wondering if it is a Frostbite engine problem in that it isn't utilising proper threading or drive streams to cache stuff for quicker loading.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, do you really not get ANY new armor pieces throughout the game, other than ones that you buy in the shop? There are no Legendary armor sets or Masterwork?

No special Helmets, Leg pieces, or anything like that??

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

>nerfing the drop rate in your PvE loot game
809bfbc3-bc7a-41b7-b68c-fa126a8896c1.jpg

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Alright so with regards to load times there seems to be some super huge impacts based on your PC build. My friend has the 470 Zen+ chipset with PBO and is finding his worst load time was 10 seconds. This is running on 2700X and off an SSD. For me I'm running a 1700 on an SSD and my worst load time was about 20 seconds and that was more a cold boot into the game.

I am super interested to see different time lapses with different specs as it seems like that can impact how data is pushed through. I'm now wondering if it is a Frostbite engine problem in that it isn't utilising proper threading or drive streams to cache stuff for quicker loading.
It doesn't really affect me on a HDD.

Wait, do you really not get ANY new armor pieces throughout the game, other than ones that you buy in the shop? There are no Legendary armor sets or Masterwork?

No special Helmets, Leg pieces, or anything like that??
There's armor pieces (cosmetics) and there's armor stats. There's only a few choices for cosmetic armor pieces as of now, but for armor stats it all depends on the gears you wear.

This is epic armor piece set, but it doesn't give you any stats.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've officially given up on hitting level 30. It is an utter and complete slog of replaying the same shit. Quickplay gives more EXP, but in my experience 75% of the time I am placed into a mission with bugged progression.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: if I sign up for Origin Access Premier, do I just get the full game even after the launch date? Like a Game Pass kinda thing? Or do I have to pay full price on Friday to keep playing?
Weird. Your loot should've been stored server-side. There's probably a bug after all, or issue with server syncing due to the disconnect.

Remember that SWTOR happened. A full price + subscription service MMO that failed tremendously. It's still alive and well now, even better than at launch.

Anthem will be fine.

It won't. The game has so many issues, both from technical perspectives and gameplay perspectives. If you play the game, probably 10-20% of your time is spent staring at loading screens. Even if it was perfect from a technical perspective, it's lacking from a gameplay perspective. There's 1 zone, with hardly any variety. There is hardly any enemy variety. I've almost completed the story and every mission was almost exactly the same. There's no endgame. To get the best loot in the game, it's better to run around freeplay from chest to chest rather than going on missions against the hardest bosses.

Even from a microtransaction perspective the game is lacking. There's hardly anything to buy and the next shop refresh is in 10 days.

The Division 2 launches in a few weeks and seems better in every single way. Anthem seems to be a mess in every way imaginable. It will get low 70s ratings and have no staying power.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think I've officially given up on hitting level 30. It is an utter and complete slog of replaying the same shit. Quickplay gives more EXP, but in my experience 75% of the time I am placed into a mission with bugged progression.
I think I'm done too. I was trying to burn getting to level 30 to take advantage of the chest farm exploit but if they've patched that already then I'm out.

Edi: lol i just got a masterwork

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That day 1 patch, so many potential fixes. Going to be a massive download, hope they allow it to be pre-loaded for non Premier users.

Just boggles the mind, why release it a week early with so many game breaking issues. First the betas, now this early access - both have done nothing but harm to the game and the developer.

thats like damn near every complaint i've seen on that update list lol

There is still no mention of GM scaling problem and lack of loot from running harder content.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done too. I was trying to burn getting to level 30 to take advantage of the chest farm exploit but if they've patched that already then I'm out.
SAME LOL

I genuinely don't want to replay the same content at GM just to get good loot either. The content isn't fun enough and the sponginess of enemies on GM (at least by the sounds of it) is really off putting.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That day 1 patch, so many potential fixes. Going to be a massive download, hope they allow it to be pre-loaded for non Premier users.

Just boggles the mind, why release it a week early with so many game breaking issues. First the betas, now this early access - both have done nothing but harm to the game and the developer.

There is still no mention of GM scaling problem and lack of loot from running harder content.

Because the day 1 patch won't fix any of those issues. If they could be fixed that quickly or in one week, they would have been fixed before the game released on ea access.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
bah, only fix not in there is the audio just completely dropping out. I have had it happen a few times and requires a game restart

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really affect me on a HDD.

There's armor pieces (cosmetics) and there's armor stats. There's only a few choices for cosmetic armor pieces as of now, but for armor stats it all depends on the gears you wear.

This is epic armor piece set, but it doesn't give you any stats.
All im talking about is Cosmetic stuff. Guess i should have made that clearer, my bad.

But yea, after doing some digging, it appears that Cosmetic armor sets will only be available in the store lol. There MIGHT be something coming in a few weeks regarding cosmetics being tied to some sort of achievement system, but I dont imagine it being as robust as I would like.

I have no problem having cosmetics in the shop, but why would you make them only available in the shop. Showing off your character has always been a big part of these games, this just seems like a mistake imo.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Now that's a nice changelog.

Is there an ETA on when that update is going live? I hope it's sooner than the actual release date.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Weird that there, apparently, aren't many armor cosmetics. Seems like something on the easier side to implement, but I'm mostly just hoping they aren't ALL being held back to be micro transactions later. I was looking forward to dressing up my robo dude!

May 11, 2018
I kind of can't believe how much I find the characters irritating. Everything seems silly, or everyone is trying to me witty. It reminds me of Andromeda.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
All im talking about is Cosmetic stuff. Guess i should have made that clearer, my bad.

But yea, after doing some digging, it appears that Cosmetic armor sets will only be available in the store lol. There MIGHT be something coming in a few weeks regarding cosmetics being tied to some sort of achievement system, but I dont imagine it being as robust as I would like.

I have no problem having cosmetics in the shop, but why would you make them only available in the shop. Showing off your character has always been a big part of these games, this just seems like a mistake imo.
Yeah, the javelin skins are going to be one of the main sources of grind for players and income for the company in this game.

It's exactly like obtaining new units in Warframe. You either grind for coins or purchase with real money for a shortcut.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the javelin skins are going to be one of the main sources of grind for players and income for the company in this game.

It's exactly like obtaining new units in Warframe. You either grind for coins or purchase with real money for a shortcut.
Blah. I dont mind having unique cosmetics in the store, but there should atleast be some in the main game as well.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
If you look at the responses to that tweet they're generally positive for a reason.

People who don't currently have the game were not happy because those who do, were able to farm loot, quickly. That's why you see positive responses. It's the same people who tweeted Gamble and Irving to fix it. The patch thread on reddit is the same thing. People are happy because others can't get ahead of them anymore...in a PvE game.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Like I said before, EA requires an early access for Origin Premier and EA Access services. So yeah, it hurt them for sure.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

We just have to think about the sense of pride and accomplishment we get from paying for armor when the company decided not to implement any leveling sets because buying them is way more prestigious than finding them in the game and be sure to check the cash shop every 6 hours for your next sense of pride and accomplishment.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if this day one patch is all the fixes we are going to get, nobody can claim anymore that there's a magic patch incoming. Those are just bugfixes and QOL improvements.

There is no armor to be gained in the game at all so far, excluding one set for each javelin and they are probably not coming for a while.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

"It's just cosmetics."

This is all I've heard from people, well "those" people, in the past few weeks. It's like they've never played a looter shooter. Cosmetics are loot. They're a huge part of the game.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the fashion game in these types of games is a huge draw. Anthem needs an extensive amount of cosmetic loot to accompany the very good color customization.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It is a huge draw and it just seems crazy to think that its not that important. This has really soured me on the game.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I remember seeing a tweet about there being more to come about cosmetics soon? Tried looking for it but couldn't find it

I remember that too. I think it was regarding a feature we may learn about next week.

It's funny but the demo gave bad press, the early access was much improved but still isn't there yet, but if day 1's patch addresses the remaining bugs and that feature yet to be revealed shows a cosmetic end game of sorts coming soon then both the demo and early access hurt the game for nothing.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now people are doing strongholds and quitting after the first chest.

Jesus fucking christ.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Good god the jump from Epic to Masterwork is insane. This LMG is doing like 3x to 4x the damage my previous guns were doing. The fuck.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I remember seeing a tweet about there being more to come about cosmetics soon? Tried looking for it but couldn't find it

I remember that too. I think it was regarding a feature we may learn about next week.

Yea I mentioned that earlier but I saw it from a Bioware person on Reddit. Something is coming that sounds like cosmetics that are tied to achievements, but it was pretty vague.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly the game wasn't ready for Early Access. Idk if it's BioWare or EA to blame here but the game, undercooked or not, needed the extra week and needed to come out everywhere on the 22nd.

Yup. Early access and demo were just bad decisions.

I have a strong feeling this game will release in a much improved state next week than where it is even now, but the damage is done.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: My bad, didnt see it posted above.

Doesnt exactly inspire confidence, but im hopeful this is a step in the right direction. This sounds like such an EA type of decision though. Cosmetics have always been a huge part of multiplayer rpgs, or hell even single player ones lol. Having them relegated off to an eShop seems like such a cash grab.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for posting it, there it is.

At this point with a massive patch that fixes a lot of the technical issues the game had, alongside features like the one here for cosmetics really show the game was slated for the 22nd. Any coverage that comes out before this date may as well mean nothing until that date hits.

If I were an Early Access owner I would just put the game down until Friday at this point.