• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game has its hooks in me!! I had to tear myself away to save some of this 10 hour trial...next week is going to be touuuughhhh

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Just beat a stronghold mission and yet it's still showing up as my next objective. Am i interpreting something wrong in these menus or is this a bug?

Quite a few challenges etc. fails to track and are basically broken because of that.

Edit: Top of the page deserves more Storm love ;D
anthem_2019_02_16_15_gyj7d.png

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I never actually made it into the bay. Tried twice, failed to connect both times and gave up. Could you at least walk around and see what the bay area looks like?
Yes you can walk around with other players. Check your daily, weekly and monthly. Access the vanity store and start an expedition too

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Got premiere on PC to give it a go. I liked what I played of the alpha. Seems like a good loot shooter to play while watching YouTube or listening to a podcast.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
How do the cosmetics unlock? currently the shop only has the featured, can't see other stuff

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
As a Storm main it's not fun to watch a full squad of Storms. I might end up playing another class🤷🏻‍♂️

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't play during both the VIP and open Demo since I didn't have ps+ and I had to wait bit longer for a new graphics card, so this my first impression.

I love combat in this game. I'm playing with a Interceptor and the shooting is satisfying, the powers are cool and together with the jumping and flying it's feels not really like something I have played before.

I like Fort Tarsis a lot. I enjoy the conversations with the different characters after a Mission. I'm not that far into the story, but I like it so far and the characters. I'm not quite sure were this is going.

The Tomb thing is a bit annoying, but I did some events and missions and the requirements are not hard to get, but it is not well explained what the different requirements mean, which is bad.

Missions design is sadly a bit typical loot game fanfare. I have no problem with the loot so far, not frustrating like Vanilla Destiny for example.

The customization is great, but I can't barely buy anything new? It feels like something is missing or it comes available later in the game, weird.

Didn't had any bugs or connection issues, so I can't comment on that, but I didn't had the impression of a broken game at all.

tl; dr: Fun game with some annoyances and a bit dull mission design.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The loading for this game is bonkers. So many loading screens that eat up at least a minute for minor shit.

TobyC

Artist at Failbetter Games
Verified
Jan 30, 2019
Is it fairly normal and just the luck of the draw that I'll often load in long after my teammates on PC? I'm on HDD so wondering if that's making a big difference. It's happening a lot and makes it kinda hard to keep up :/

Also this game is ridiculously pretty.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
questions.

1. Is freeplay content rich?
2. Is loading as bad on consoles as it is on PC? I.e average load time for console vs pc.

I want to pull the trigger today, but I want to make sure it is worthwhile.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
My night out tonight has been cancelled as my GF is not well, so I've decided to sub to Origin Access Basic on my PC to decide whether to get the full game for the PS4 or not. Not sure what to think from these mixed impressions so will give it a go myself.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is it fairly normal and just the luck of the draw that I'll often load in long after my teammates on PC? I'm on HDD so wondering if that's making a big difference. It's happening a lot and makes it kinda hard to keep up :/

Game allows people load into mission at their own pace so HDD might be holding you back here as game does load from M.2 / SSD slightly faster.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
These sort of games are are really designed with playing as a group of friends, It makes me wish I was 25 years younger with loads of time on my hands. Even though I have EA Premier I can be arsed playing it just for the story.

I am not the target market, as someone who enjoys a number of games who plays at unsociable times.

Don't feel bad. Arguably... Bioware shouldn't be doing games like this anyway.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I can't believe how much they fixed from the last beta. Yes, it was a beta but over the years it feels like this has become more synonymous with demo.

Really wish they would have had another beta with these fixes for the pr alone. I was a disappointed wait and see after the last beta. Now I'm hooked.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Don't feel bad. Arguably... Bioware shouldn't be doing games like this anyway.

I've only played 5 hours so far (did the stronghold and I'm on the Tomb mission) but as far as multiplayer PvE games, this one makes it easier than any other I have played. There are no barriers like Destiny has. Maybe the later strongholds require more puzzly solutions and need Discord or something, but so far matchmaking and random silent allies have been good enough for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how much they fixed from the last beta. Yes, it was a beta but over the years it feels like this has become more synonymous with demo.

Really wish they would have had another beta with these fixes for the pr alone. I was a disappointed wait and see after the last beta. Now I'm hooked.
It wasn't a beta... it was a demo build created as a demo, but it was old by the time we got it.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah this is really ruining my enjoyment of the game as it's not just the fact of folks using different HDDs regarding speed but also the fact that I simply get matchmade with other players who are already halfway or more through a mission.The last mission I did this morning I saw three loading screens and never took part in any of the actual mission only to be met with a "Mission Complete" screen.

This is a terrible implementation of matchmaking.

I mean, yes, getting a faster HDD will help a bit but that's not the main problem here,

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Some complaints:

I cant stand when you join a mission and have to do the join other players thing. It should just spawn you with them.

The load times are way too long on PC.

The pop in is really bad. In the hub area and especially while in combat. Ive had enemies randomly pop in right on top of me while waiting for an objective to start.

And there is way too much waiting around during missions. After you do one objective, there are alot of times where you have to wait for the next one to start. Then once it does you have to wait for the enemies to actually pop in lol. Then the hub area is even worse. After the long load times, when you finally do get into the hub the floors still havent loaded or the npcs.

I really hope the release day patch addresses some of this. Right now though, I dont think im going to be buying this after the month ends on my Premier sub. Kinda bums me out.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
As a Storm main it's not fun to watch a full squad of Storms. I might end up playing another class🤷🏻‍♂️
I mean, I sat there and stared at the class selection screen for like a good 5 minutes before just saying "I don't know why you would pick anything else other than Storm" and picked Storm.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I already had most of the items complete by the time I got to the Tomb mission. I just needed to get more kills with my ult and get more melee kills....EXCEPT for 1 of the tombs. It had shit like revive javelins and find secrets. Screw that tomb.

So it's retroactive? Doesn't seem bad then, unless they don't fix the bug where it isn't retroactive for some people.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Watching streamers restart their PC's to fix the progress in the game is fucking hilarious.

And Skillup is right, the shitshow is just starting.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
"Transport to Mission Area"

Motherfucker I'm in the cave next door. Now I have another loading screen.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

Yep. My HDD goes crazy while playing constantly. I'll be moving the game over to my tiny SSD tonight.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Took a while, but after ~ 5 hours of playtime, I´m starting to enjoy character interactions/dialogues. I find Anthem more entertaining when the characters don`t try to be funny.

Oct 27, 2017
I had the issue with loading in far after the rest of my party too. Such a good idea to move Anthem to my SSD. Origin makes it super easy! Thanks, Era! My bro is getting it on the 22nd and I just sent him a message suggesting to just do it by default.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just found a radio that plays like a five minute long "radio drama", sounds like a corny soap opera, and it's so stupidly cool haha. I love finding these little things around.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I sat there and stared at the class selection screen for like a good 5 minutes before just saying "I don't know why you would pick anything else other than Storm" and picked Storm.
This is what my entire group of friends said as well. IN fact two of them switch to storm after playing with us a bit and then said the same thing.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
But we should be looking at early access as nothing more than beta 2 - the games has not effectively launched yet. Feb 22 will be an improved state of the game still.
Sorry, but that is crazy talk! We get early access to the final product. I know Bioware probably doesn't treat it like that but it's still a fact. And I even bet the major bugs will still be in the game on the 22nd! So no, this isn't Beta 2 and no one should be looking at it that way.

Also the Anthem site says: Origin Access Premier members get early access to the full game, available Feb 15.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Storm can't get up in the faces of things like other classes can. Which makes combat feel very different.

Raining space magic from above is really fun, but the gun combat has a good rhythm to it too if you get close.

Ranger has enough defense to get into the fray, but you have to stay very mobile. The primer melee plus grenade means you can combo huge groups if you time it well, which means you can clear enough space often enough to just pretty much charge through everything.

So you can get a similar AOE rain of death feeling to Storm plus the in your face feeling of the other classes. The mobility makes this also one of the best TPS games I've ever played.

Not saying one is better/worse, and I can see why Storm is popular because the "magic" in this game is very satisfying, but the actual gunplay is overlooked imo and really comes to life when you get up in the faces of everything.

You can't play like this on Storm, for instance.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Storm is amazing and it suits my play style in every similar game. I'm the Mage/Wizard/Warlock type. So for me it was Storm without even thinking twice. I believe people picks Storm because it looks cool. Like after each mission I see most storms rewarded by being "Soldier" and not even Artilery which is the purpose of a Storm