• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I don't have time to read through a lot of this thread because I'm at work, but can someone let me know if the game seems better when compared to the demo? I'm not talking technically (like with how it runs and stuff) but like, is the GAME itself more engaging and interesting than what was in the demo? How are people's first impressions?
Anyone?

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Started playing the ea access trial. Is it just me (placebo etc) or is the the game much smoother than the beta?! Xbox one x btw

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they bother doing anything to fix the hub? Still low FOV and forced motion blur.

Destiny's an FPS that has third-person perspective in the hub. Why'd Anthem feel the need to flip this?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Hmm. Weird thing to say without context. Most of the impressions in this thread so far are going against it.

It's hard to say this early especially in the early access thread because people who are playing now are most likely people who played the demo and were very high on the game already. It takes time to get a full picture in any OT.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Screen Rant has a first hours impressions

https://screenrant.com/anthem-first-hours/

Anthem starts out very much like a single-player BioWare title. That's a good thing, too - it helps establish its world, some of the characters that occupy it, and the roles that people have eked out for themselves on a dangerous world. The first mission is a tutorial that allows players to get a feel for using a Javelin, restricting many of the more difficult abilities while still establishing the control scheme and general movement patterns one can expect. Immediately, Anthem feels very different now than it did during its demo phase. Javelins feel like they move a little smoother, and the gunplay is much more refined. Things feel like they flow in a way that a game sold the way Anthem has been needs to.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
If you are playing alone. Medium is a nice challenge imo. Not to hard so it gets frustrating but no easy walk over also.

Hey Theory, I know you posted a video and said performance was better on "X", is it better also in the Hub? I wont be able to log in for a few more hours or so, just curious on how it is running around the hub world etc. Do you also feel it looks better? I read some stuff that people are saying it looks better than the demo as well.

Thanks!

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the patch on 22nd fixes the motion blur issue. Not sure if the running is already in todays version or not?
They're not letting me sprint right now. I just got here though.

I feel like this game really wants me to use a controller.
Yeah... Flight controls, UI navigation, and swimming controls all still feel like ass with mouse and keyboard.

So all that shit we were hearing during the demo where people were like, "it's an early build of the game, all of this will be fixed at launch." wasn't true.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yea but in today's day and age.. especially on twitch... the day the game first comes out is when all the hype is around (aka early access). It could also be that people just don't want the story spoiled.
Probably a mix of both people not wanting to get spoiled and smaller streamers with ps4 or not early acces playing yet.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Why can't I start the game on Xbox? Do I have to install something else other than my preorder?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I mean. You can just choose NOT to do it with other people.

Yeah. But seriously, the difficulty seems to be a bit too steep even on Easy, the bosses are super spongy when you don't have other people to combo abilities with.
And sure, I might just suck, but I soloed Legendary missions in The Division, so maybe it's not me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Theory, I know you posted a video and said performance was better on "X", is it better also in the Hub? I wont be able to log in for a few more hours or so, just curious on how it is running around the hub world etc. Do you also feel it looks better? I read some stuff that people are saying it looks better than the demo as well.

Thanks!
I gave a impression abit later on that. :)

Overall about the performance on One X. For sure improved. Framepacing issues seems also gone wich makes it less juttery.
Open world runs pretty good. Tarsis runs also better. But Tarsis is still not optimal and runs "worse" then open world.
There is also some screentearing going on. But compared to the demo and the open world mostly it runs alot better.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... Flight controls, UI navigation, and swimming controls all still feel like ass with mouse and keyboard.

So all that shit we were hearing during the demo where people were like, "it's an early build of the game, all of this will be fixed at launch." wasn't true.
Yeah I only played one mission of the demo, on Xbox. I just assumed the PC version would be solid because BioWare.

oof. Can't seem to get a locked 60fps on my 1070 either, no matter what I lower.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Why can't I start the game on Xbox? Do I have to install something else other than my preorder?
The game releases on the 22nd. Right now, people are playing the 10 hours trial that's available through the EA Access / Origin Access program on Xbox and PC, while PC also can play early through the Origin Premiere service.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
The game releases on the 22nd. Right now, people are playing the 10 hours trial that's available through the EA Access / Origin Access program on Xbox and PC, while PC also can play early through the Origin Premiere service.
I know that. I just had to launch the ea access app. Was trying to launch my preorder file immediately. Stupid me

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I only played one mission of the demo, on Xbox. I just assumed the PC version would be solid because BioWare.

oof. Can't seem to get a locked 60fps on my 1070 either, no matter what I lower.
Eek, I'm 1070 too. What's your CPU? I've noticed a few games lately struggling with this card, didn't think that'd happen so soon after RTX 😭😭

Cosmic

Jan 7, 2018
Enjoying my time with the game early access on the Xbox One X. Performance and graphics do seem better but getting an awful lot of screen tearing, especially in the Hub area that wasn't present in the demo. Its actually the first game I have played where freesync seems to have absolutely no effect on screen tearing.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eek, I'm 1070 too. What's your CPU? I've noticed a few games lately struggling with this card, didn't think that'd happen so soon after RTX 😭😭
i5-4690k, stock speed

Game spends much of the time in the 50fps range during group combat. 1080p, medium-ish settings (some low some high) with TAA.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I am really disappointed how they do storytelling in a group environment, everyone is like 10 seconds, 20.. a minute ahead in a cut scene or talking to a NPC.
We're trying to all click at the same time in our own single player world to do stuff at the same time but it's getting frustrating.

3 of us keep crashing for varying reason, me randomly, another cannot spawn directly outside of Tarsis so we need to go mid mission and invite them....
So far in about 5 hours we've done 3 or 4 missions I forget now.

The constant loading screens for everything just like in the alpha/beta/demo whatever was and is always a fucking pain in the ass.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Yea but in today's day and age.. especially on twitch... the day the game first comes out is when all the hype is around (aka early access). It could also be that people just don't want the story spoiled.

I actually think Anthem is just kind of boring to watch at least for me. I had a blast with the demo and couldn't wait to play next weekend so I watched some streams and it was boring as Hell. I feel like this is a game where the fun is playing it with a squad and being outside of that loop makes it not fun to watch for me.