• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
That is true. I did not think about that angle with Origin Premier version. This will be interesting.

The other thing that we have not got any confirmation is with the EA Access/Origin Basic versions with the 10 hours is if it is a full 10 hours or until you get to a certain point in the game? I have played a few EA Access 10 hours trials where I got to a point in the game where it cut me off even though I was only 5 hours into the 10 hours. With some games, they lock it off when you hit a certain point. Not sure if this will apply to Anthem or not.
I'm betting they will gate it at a certain story point.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Are people with physical copies able to play already? Or are the servers all turned off until 12 hours from now?

Why would they be; and are you asking because you're jonesing so much to play that you would end up buying the physical for it right now or something? I didn't realize Origin Premiere even had a physical option anyway.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Why would they be; and are you asking because you're jonesing so much to play that you would end up buying the physical for it right now or something? I didn't realize Origin Premiere even had a physical option anyway.

Nah I was just curious. I've had physical games a day early before and the servers are switched on. No need to be snarky dude.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have included the early access with the Legends of the Dawn edition (or whatever its called) for PS4 and Xbox. Been debating all day if I should just wait for the PS4 version, or sign up for a month of Premier on PC for the early access. Will probably end up doing it, even though I totally should just wait.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Nah I was just curious. I've had physical games a day early before and the servers are switched on. No need to be snarky dude.

Wasn't really full on snark mode. Some people would be that impatient given an opportunity, and my second comment was just because it doesn't matter if you had physical or not. The ability to play a week early is all about the Premiere subscription, and while I know there are plenty of games with online components that can be played offline prior to the servers going up, I've never heard of one that's entirely based around online being playable in the same way. Even if somehow the servers were up, the physical versions would still be locked out until the 22nd.

They really should have included the early access with the Legends of the Dawn edition (or whatever its called) for PS4 and Xbox. Been debating all day if I should just wait for the PS4 version, or sign up for a month of Premier on PC for the early access. Will probably end up doing it, even though I totally should just wait.

Sign up and then get the game for $30 at the end of the month if you want to continue. In case you end up not liking it (or just get bored), it was only $15.

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Well I subbed to EA Access. Guess I know what I'm playing this weekend. I had expected to play Crackdown 3, but I'll Start up my 2 month gamepass sub after I use my 10 hours in Anthem or decide I never want to play it again. Whichever comes first, really.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the kind words Shy! It has been a while since I have been this excited about a new IP, and iFirez has not only been kind enough to bless us with two OTs and several charts for the community, but we also always have a blast discussing all of the gameplay mechanics and theorycrafting ideas that Bioware has created in Anthem :) We also have an great AnthemERA community!
You're very welcome, and it's more than deserved.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
When is this suppose to hit "Play First Trial" for Basic Access members? There is no information on the store page.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
When is this suppose to hit "Play First Trial" for Basic Access members? There is no information on the store page.
It's in the second post:
Screenshot%202019-02-13%2021.48.55.png

Origin's times are messed up.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
do we have a list with origin names to add people for the alliance stuff?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if they've made any changes to the customisation system ?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much mixed messaging. Who knows. It's not unlocked on Origin though.

Edit: lol I'm dumb. That's for the 22nd.
No no, i meant the 22nd. Got it on the PS4.

Yeah, for such a large release as this. It really is quite odd that there's still this level of confusion about unlock times.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the performance like on an 1080Ti? Just subbed for Premiere and can't wait to play. Hopefully it's good, haven't been following the game at all.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I have EA acces on Xbox. Where the hell can i try the 10 hours trial? Or do still need to pre order the game first? I am lost EA why does everything has to be so frikin complicated.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I have EA acces on Xbox. Where the hell can i try the 10 hours trial? Or do still need to pre order the game first? I am lost EA why does everything has to be so frikin complicated.

for access members on PC and xbox it won't unlock for another 8 hours, 7AM PDT / 10am EDT. Only people who have (digitally) pre ordered the Anthem edition of the game or are EA Premiere on PC can pre load now, but even then they can't play until 7am PDT. For access members you will only get download access at 7am, then you have to download it and then you can play for 10 hours.

I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if there are issues with the unlock time and it takes some extra time to actually be able to download.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shitty that we have to wait for the 22nd but at least I can see if it's worth to cancel or not

USF

Oct 28, 2017
New to EA Access here
Do I have to pre-order to get the 10hr trial?

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Set time aside tomorrow for this with some friends. I hope the servers hold!