• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
You couldn't buy lootboxes or anything in Battlefront II right after launch, the monetisation was turned off before launch, what on earth are you talking about???
Well, turned off then. I remembered it as if it had been minimized but then the balancing changed as soon as it launched causing people to estimate things such as it taking 40 hours to earn enough cash for Luke without spending real money.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you trolling? It's purely cosmetic, in direct contrast to BF2. OW does that and no one complains. Read the post.

Hell, just read the section. Your comment might be better suited for YT, if you want to post it there instead.
Better yet you know what you're buying unlike overwatch.

Bioware implemented this in the old republic fairly well. You could get fashion armor for the visuals and other armor for the stats.

Jun 1, 2018
Are you trolling? It's purely cosmetic, in direct contrast to BF2. OW does that and no one complains. Read the post.

Hell, just read the section. Your comment might be better suited for YT, if you want to post it there instead.
Are you working for EA? Might as well seeing how you are ignorant to any criticism of this game.

Maybe you should read the article before commenting:

The one thing that isn't strictly cosmetic BioWare mentioned might cost real money in the future are new Javelin suits. There weren't any concrete plans in the works when we spoke with the developer, but in the future, if BioWare does decide to release more javelin suits you may have to buy premium currency to unlock them. But if you decide to buy a new javelin suit – if and when they're available – they'll just be another option of playstyle, not a requirement to experience the content.

Having an option of suit gameplay locked behind premium model is exactly like in battlefront 2 where vader was locked.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Well, turned off then. I remembered it as if it had been minimized but then the balancing changed as soon as it launched causing people to estimate things such as it taking 40 hours to earn enough cash for Luke without spending real money.
They changed the balancing of stuff you earned through the game, the cost via in-game currency, you could never buy that stuff outright with cash. Maybe don't spread stuff about that you don't actually know anything about, I remember you claiming that Anthem copied code from Mass Effect Andromeda because MEA had jetpacks, that's a loada rubbish too.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Once you hit the level cap of 30 and begin Anthem's Elder Game, you'll get access to a new tier of difficulties: Grandmaster 1, 2, and 3. Choosing to run content on these Grandmaster difficulties is your best chance at finding the best gear available, but the risk is intense. Grandmaster heavily enhances enemies, incrementally increasing their health and damage, up to a ridiculously daunting 3,100 percent on Grandmaster 3.

So happy that people who have been complaining about the AI finally got their issue fixed! Hope they enjoy their Grandmaster 3 runs <3

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
So my biggest issue with Destiny was you blew through the content pretty quickly and had a grind end game left. The PVP content bored me and grinding the same content over and over got old really quick.

Anthem may have a different gear system, but it sounds a lot like Destiny as far as max level content.

So my question would be this; If you removed the repetition of content from this game (the end game), would you feel like you got a full price games worth of time/enjoyment from what was left (the Level 1 to 30 content)?

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really, really hope this game does well for Bioware, I'm cautiously optimistic about the game, but it will suck if it bombs commercially and they don't have another go at ME because EA will probably shut them down, i hope i am incredibly wrong.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
So my biggest issue with Destiny was you blew through the content pretty quickly and had a grind end game left. The PVP content bored me and grinding the same content over and over got old really quick.

Anthem may have a different gear system, but it sounds a lot like Destiny as far as max level content.

So my question would be this; If you removed the repetition of content from this game (the end game), would you feel like you got a full price games worth of time/enjoyment from what was left (the Level 1 to 30 content)?

Heh everyone's been saying its more DIablo than Destiny for endgame.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

They for sure focus alot more on the story of the game. So i think its more expanded. Letter from Casey Hudson also today.

"
We knew there would be challenges. People are skeptical of the idea of story in an online game, and for good reason. Often, the nature of online multiplayer games tends to fight story agency and interesting character interactions. And, even in the best online games, it's easy to lose interest or run out of things to do when your friends aren't online.

We designed Anthem to address these design challenges by trying something new and different. With Anthem, we aim to integrate the fun of multiplayer missions with your friends, and single-player story agency and characters, into a connected narrative experience – set in a world designed to be always changing, and where anything is possible. The result is an intentionally unique structure which is fundamental to Anthem's design and even the universe it's set in.

Anthem will launch with a ton of content, including a substantial main story that introduces you to the world and its characters. But there's still a missing ingredient that we haven't been able to test Anthem with: you. So, over the next month as you start to have opportunities to try what we've created, I ask you to keep one thing in mind: The launch of Anthem is not the end – it's the beginning of an ongoing story in which you are a critical element. If there's something you want more of, we can build it. If something isn't right, let us know. And the story itself will unfold over time based on how you play the game. Soon, we will reveal more about our plans for how we intend to support that ongoing stream of content and features."

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
They for sure focus alot more on the story of the game. So i think its more expanded. Letter from Casey Hudson also today.

"
We knew there would be challenges. People are skeptical of the idea of story in an online game, and for good reason. Often, the nature of online multiplayer games tends to fight story agency and interesting character interactions. And, even in the best online games, it's easy to lose interest or run out of things to do when your friends aren't online.

We designed Anthem to address these design challenges by trying something new and different. With Anthem, we aim to integrate the fun of multiplayer missions with your friends, and single-player story agency and characters, into a connected narrative experience – set in a world designed to be always changing, and where anything is possible. The result is an intentionally unique structure which is fundamental to Anthem's design and even the universe it's set in.

Anthem will launch with a ton of content, including a substantial main story that introduces you to the world and its characters. But there's still a missing ingredient that we haven't been able to test Anthem with: you. So, over the next month as you start to have opportunities to try what we've created, I ask you to keep one thing in mind: The launch of Anthem is not the end – it's the beginning of an ongoing story in which you are a critical element. If there's something you want more of, we can build it. If something isn't right, let us know. And the story itself will unfold over time based on how you play the game. Soon, we will reveal more about our plans for how we intend to support that ongoing stream of content and features."

Thank you

That response makes me a lot more optomistic and nailed my concerns on the head.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Diablo model of endgame is just objectively less interesting than raids and new content. Big shame. Still going to pick up the game though, but the end game is the difference between playing through it and being done, and continuing to play weeks and months later.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Are you working for EA? Might as well seeing how you are ignorant to any criticism of this game.

Maybe you should read the article before commenting:

Having an option of suit gameplay locked behind premium model is exactly like in battlefront 2 where vader was locked.

So, like operators in Siege. I don't see a problem with brand new Javelins and premium cosmetics being tied to the premium currency when all the story DLC is free.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
premium currency ? im out. another game ruined by ea's monetization. the grind for those premium skins will probably be unreal (looking at battlefront 2)

Talk about overreacting, yikes. It's strictly for cosmetics, and coin can be earned in-game. Everything in the game can be earned through gameplay except for the Legion of Dawn edition / preorder bonuses.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Sounds cool. I really enjoy the Diablo game loop. However, very few get the Diablo game loop correct, even Diablo itself (see Diablo 3 its first few years after release). These games are not just about the stats, the build/s potential, but legendary items have personality (seeing as players will be looting more powerful versions of said items as they progress) to keep the stats and build making interesting.

I really do hope they nail the loot system since they are going down a Diablo inspired one, as I really want to play/invest in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
ask you to keep one thing in mind: The launch of Anthem is not the end – it's the beginning of an ongoing story in which you are a critical element. If there's something you want more of, we can build it. If something isn't right, let us know. And the story itself will unfold over time based on how you play the game. Soon, we will reveal more about our plans for how we intend to support that ongoing stream of content and features."

This is what I wanted to read/hear. Can't wait to try this out.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure there will be a few of us playing on XBox, enough to make a team of four. Since my laptop died (curse you pizza dipping sauce!) I had no choice but I get the X version.
I bought it for my X because I wanted a reason to turn it on lol. That and I'm sure it will be the best looking version between the consoles.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm will we Anthem version of this? :P

0e0.gif

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds cool. I really enjoy the Diablo game loop. However, very few get the Diablo game loop correct, even Diablo itself (see Diablo 3 its first few years after release). These games are not just about the stats, the build/s potential, but legendary items have personality (seeing as players will be looting more powerful versions of said items as they progress) to keep the stats and build making interesting.

I really do hope they nail the loot system since they are going down a Diablo inspired one, as I really want to play/invest in this game.
Yeah, if they don't have the loot system right then things will turn ugly pretty fast.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it for my X because I wanted a reason to turn it on lol. That and I'm sure it will be the best looking version between the consoles.

Based on the comments from the devs, in theory it should be. Hopefully they bring a performance option to the table sooner rather than later as well.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's builds and reasons to use different gear sets. Division was gettting there with gear sets and how different ones drastically changed how you played. And in Destiny 2 armor is almost just for cosmetics with perks mostly not moving the needle in any way for PvE.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
They changed the balancing of stuff you earned through the game, the cost via in-game currency, you could never buy that stuff outright with cash. Maybe don't spread stuff about that you don't actually know anything about, I remember you claiming that Anthem copied code from Mass Effect Andromeda because MEA had jetpacks, that's a loada rubbish too.
There's clearly some leftover code in regards to the behavior of the aiming reticule and the regular A/X/Spacebar jump mecahnic. I rest my case.

Also, with BF2 I didn't mean that they chaged the prices on microtransactions but indeed the in-game currency, in order to make it less friendly to non-MTX users which was after review. I say it because Michael Huber reacted on that with utter disappointment in an Easy Allies Frame Trap episode, claiming that they had changed those things AFTER the review embargo ended.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
Diablo end game is way more satisfying than not; however, I'd be a bit disappointed if we don't get a proper raid.
Same. That's what i really wanna know. I'm all for Diablo style end game grinding, but some raids or something similar would really put it over the top.

I mean with the division 2 adding raids, and destiny already having them, seems like they would. Or if they are going full Diablo then at least some sort of Rift system like 3 has

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'm not really putting off enjoying the game cos they earn extra money through cosmetics, some people will make an issue over anything to shit on EA.
Cant wait till release!

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with cosmetics as long that you can still obtain them free. If there are cosmetics that are ONLY BOUGHT with real money it's a no for me.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
There's clearly some leftover code in regards to the behavior of the aiming reticule and the regular A/X/Spacebar jump mecahnic. I rest my case.

Also, with BF2 I didn't mean that they chaged the prices on microtransactions but indeed the in-game currency, in order to make it less friendly to non-MTX users which was after review. I say it because Michael Huber reacted on that with utter disappointment in an Easy Allies Frame Trap episode, claiming that they had changed those things AFTER the review embargo ended.
AGAIN, there were no MTX after launch in that period, the in-game currency was changed to increase grind yes, but to artificially increase playing time, not MTXs cus THERE WERE NO MTXs! They also changed those currency values after feedback, so your whole complaint makes no sense whatsoever.

And your case about code is total rubbish as well. Oh something feels similar. It can't be that the same people made it and therefore likely have similar gameplay philosopy that would go across different products, no of course they just took stuff from Andromeda /s

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this game sounds better and better. Cannot wait.

Tempted to get it on Pro instead of X due to my huge friendlist on PSN, the alliance system is a very cool inclusion. Will probably stick with X though. Oh choices!

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
And your case about code is total rubbish as well. Oh something feels similar. It can't be that the same people made it and therefore likely have similar gameplay philosopy that would go across different products, no of course they just took stuff from Andromeda /s
Something feels an looks and behaves almost exactly the same. I got 120 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda and I swear those crosshairs were basically just reused, maybe slightly tweaked, and the jumping... and the layout of the 3 abilities being mapped on R, R+L and L. And it goes back to what Aaryn said before MEA shipped that all BioWare games in the current batch using Frostbite were leapfrogging each other with assets.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'm ok with cosmetics as long that you can still obtain them free. If there are cosmetics that are ONLY BOUGHT with real money it's a no for me.
I don't think they're selling any cosmetics exclusively except for the pre-order armor sets. Everything will have some in-game method of earning it. There will be cosmetics you can only earn in game with no option to buy with real money though.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Something feels an looks and behaves almost exactly the same. I got 120 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda and I swear those crosshairs were basically just reused, maybe slightly tweaked, and the jumping... and the layout of the 3 abilities being mapped on R, R+L and L. And it goes back to what Aaryn said before MEA shipped that all BioWare games in the current batch using Frostbite were leapfrogging each other with assets.
Those are design philosophies not code, I don't know much about game dev but I still feel that I understand waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than you do cus you think using the same contoller buttons means it's using the same code. Like what the heck?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds pretty dope but I still gotta wait to see how shit pans out in the real world before jumping in. I really hope it delivers.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
With the room they have for the customization of javelins they can make realy cool skins etc. Wich people can like alot.
I mean this N7 skin is already cool imo.

n7_anthem-740x593.jpg

tenor.gif

Seen that pic so many times but it never gets old, godamn im gonna have so much fun customising the Intercepter, can't wait.

Harnzyy

Mar 8, 2018
But Battlefront II was making you grind for playable characters, ships, weapons, and other gameplay content, not skins. I understand the microtransaction debate is heated and many-sided, but there's an awful lot of bad faith argumentation and misinformation around the issue as well.
He was never in.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the endgame loop being the focus really makes me think this isn't for me. I was hoping for a single player story focused game instead of a Destiny type grind. Ah well.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can fully understand and support premium currencies in free to play games.

But I'm bored as fuck at these people that sells full price games and of top of that try to milk their clients with this stuff.