• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
In the loot video, the devs did say that some rewards would be tied to specific tasks. For example, they said that if want an assault rifle but can't get one to drop, you might be able to find a certain task or mission that guarantees an assault rifle blueprint as one of the rewards.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I am really surprised how even the poll is so far. I hope it translates to the release...

I wasn't planning on Ranger, but after how smooth the grenade aiming felt errr looked I'm gravitating more towards that. Plus that hover build in the loot stream sounded dope as fuck.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the first Javelin DLC was a straight medic class.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am not sure about Javelin I want to use yet. I need to find out which one provides the closest to a Medic/Support class.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, but the Alpha, which you still won't be able to talk about until Feb 22nd (or when certain features experienced during the Alpha are officially made public). That's what I was talking about.
I wonder if the Alpha will be the same that people play during the VIP demo or not. Expecting it to be more involved and updated.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I wonder if the Alpha will be the same that people play during the VIP demo or not. Expecting it to be more involved and updated.
Apparently, while there will be some overlap, it won't be based on the same build instead the demo was forked later. The Alpha build was from 3-4 months ago.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Alt-Account
Oct 31, 2018
Can't wait for this. The live-streams made me even more excited than I already was. My only fear is the mission structures being quite limited and cookie cutter from Andromeda but we'll see.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Cool idea, I bet movement speed will be one of the attributes you can buff through gear and component inscriptions. I'm really looking forward to diving in to the loot system and experimenting with different builds. I love how the structure of the game doesn't lock you in to one class, and you are leveling up your pilot and not each suit individually.
Yeh the builds are gonna be crazy. I also hope for a haste stat lol, like maybe I can get out more attacks with the colossus ultimate compared to the 3 shots I think it has? Would be cool.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
The alpha was pretty terrible but it's an alpha. I'll wait for the early Feb demo to form a more clear opinion. And given how Destiny 2 went I think in any case I should wait a couple of weeks before buying anyway.

Oct 30, 2017
United States
I am not sure about Javelin I want to use yet. I need to find out which one provides the closest to a Medic/Support class.

They have already shared all of the abilities from the javelins, but none have an ability to restore armor or shields

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/meet-the-ranger-javelin
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/meet-the-colossus-javelin
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/meet-the-interceptor-javelin
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/meet-the-storm-javelin

However, each javelin has a support ability slot that can help them fill in a support role. You could take a look at either the ranger or the storm as they have a support ability that allows them to deflect enemy projectiles, while the colossus can increase teammate damage resistance, and the interceptor can remove bad status effects from allies. Based on the stream with the hover ranger build, It is possible that the gear effects would allows us to spec into (X amount of health / shield regenerated on kill) or (Decreased cooldown for X or Y support ability) which would allow you to build a javelin centered around their support gear and spamming it as much as possible!

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
They have already shared all of the abilities from the javelins, but none have an ability to restore armor or shields

However, each javelin has a support ability slot that can help them fill in a support role. You could take a look at either the ranger or the storm as they have a support ability that allows them to deflect enemy projectiles, while the colossus can increase teammate damage resistance, and the interceptor can remove bad status effects from allies. Based on the stream with the hover ranger build, It is possible that the gear effects would allows us to spec into (X amount of health / shield regenerated on kill) or (Decreased cooldown for X or Y support ability) which would allow you to build a javelin centered around their support gear and spamming it as much as possible!
I believe there was some gear shown that had armor / shield restoration as a perk. I could be remembering wrong though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

There was shown off a shield restore item, its part of the random rolls possible on items.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I was all in on the storm when it was announced, but after the video yesterday I'm not so sure. Don't remember which javelin it was, but that melee gameplay spoke to me.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'll most likely be maining the Colossus. Love my high health thic boii and I need me those heavy weapons baby.

Thankfully we can pick and choose which Javelin at any point in the game so I'll definitely experiment.

Oct 30, 2017
United States
I believe there was some gear shown that had armor / shield restoration as a perk. I could be remembering wrong though.
There was shown off a shield restore item, its part of the random rolls possible on items.

Sweet, thank you for pointing that out! I definitely want to look into such items for self sustain, and combine that some cooldown reduction for my ranger builds down the line :)

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll most likely be maining the Colossus. Love my high health thic boii and I need me those heavy weapons baby.

Thankfully we can pick and choose which Javelin at any point in the game so I'll definitely experiment.
This is what has me real happy, being unable to choose what class I want to play as cripples me at the start of some games lol.

Looking forward to this, will grab on Origin Access to see if it runs on my PC, if not I'll be on PS4.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I was weary before, but I need this game hooked directly to my veins. My main worry is what the endgame looks like, and how long it'll last before it's fully consumed.

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't watched everything yet, but what im really curious about is if they're going to have big unique raids like Destiny in unique environments. The game seems to mostly take place in the same type of environments from what they've showed. But it's still early.

Hoping we go to space! Even just to the moon. There's also gotta be some different environments on the planet, I would hope anyways.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am preordering the deluxe edition. This game is hitting all the right buttons. I especially like how layered the overworld is, a lot of places to explorer

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Yeah, really excited to see builds slowly take place as loot drops. Part of my interest in loot games is finding new gear to replace old gear!
Same. It will be interesting if someone could do a spatial plot of a few key metrics (like say flight time and health) and show overlapping geometric shapes of the javelins and how they can overlap with certain loadouts.

Paid DLC sounds like it will be how new javelins are introduced, which I'm pretty positive about and I think that will be healthy for the game.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Same. It will be interesting if someone could do a spatial plot of a few key metrics (like say flight time and health) and show overlapping geometric shapes of the javelins and how they can overlap with certain loadouts.

Paid DLC sounds like it will be how new javelins are introduced, which I'm pretty positive about and I think that will be healthy for the game.

Yeah, this game has as much Diablo DNA as Destiny, I think, and looking at the Necromancer DLC probably gives us some idea of what to expect.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Probably too early to say, but do you guys think that this will fill my desire for a systems heavy (crafting, augments, etc.) RPG? Did anyone see any of that in the videos or previews?

I'm pretty much a solo player and I got a lot of good hours out of Destiny 1 (I played long after all the expansions came out though) but I'm really looking for something with crafting and more systems I can manage. I'm not expecting a ton story wise even though I have loved bioware games in the past, but I'd be happy with a game that provided 20-30 hours of solo content. Anyone have any indications whether or not this could provide that?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Yeah, need me some charts!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Probably too early to say, but do you guys think that this will fill my desire for a systems heavy (crafting, augments, etc.) RPG? Did anyone see any of that in the videos or previews?

I'm pretty much a solo player and I got a lot of good hours out of Destiny 1 (I played long after all the expansions came out though) but I'm really looking for something with crafting and more systems I can manage. I'm not expecting a ton story wise even though I have loved bioware games in the past, but I'd be happy with a game that provided 20-30 hours of solo content. Anyone have any indications whether or not this could provide that?
I think this could be up your alley. They alluded to hundreds of item permutations in one stream, but cautioned that raids are four member party endeavors only.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, it looks cool.

But on the other - I play Warframe.

It's not a drive-by shitpost. Everytime I play Warframe lately I think "okay, why would I even want Anthem". Amazing combat (this is the only grindy game where grind or even waiting for crafting doesn't bother me at all because of how I enjoy the combat), great world/look, the need for sci-fi looter/action game fulfilled.

But I gonna play the demo ofc. I want to see if you really can spec as a tank or support.

Presumably I won't have to look up a guide to figure out what the fuck to do. I really want to get into Warframe, but the beginning parts of that game are...ugh. Everything I've seen just tells you to play until you figure it out. Anthem should have a more structured way to bring new players in.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Trying to go radio silent until launch as I've already pre ordered the LoD Edition and I've seen more than enough to quench my curiosity...

I am super curious what kind of creatures and bat shit huge bosses, enemies, etc. we'll run into. I hope they keep a lot of them under wraps until launch.

I wonder if we'll get another stream based around Shaper Storms though...haven't really heard a lot about them so far.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trying to go radio silent until launch as I've already pre ordered the LoD Edition and I've seen more than enough to quench my curiosity...

I am super curious what kind of creatures and bat shit huge bosses, enemies, etc. we'll run into. I hope they keep a lot of them under wraps until launch.

I wonder if we'll get another stream based around Shaper Storms though...haven't really heard a lot about them so far.
I get the feeling some of them might be story related, or they will be the endgame aspirational content. Something to work towards. I hope the Shaper content means they can have a mess around and come up with some crazy content and environments.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
From what they said last stream about the raids and how they can't talk about them it seems like they could be tied to the story, also most likely not availabe at launch, I wonder if they are gonna be as complicated and team oriented as Destiny's though.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When is the demo/beta?

If you pre-ordered (VIP DEMO) - January 25th to 27th
Open Demo - February 1st to 3rd.
Game launches - February 22nd
If you have Origin Premier (PC Only) full game early access starts on February 15th, and with EA Access (XBOX) you get a 10 hour free trial on the same day.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Origin Premier (PC Only) full game early access starts on February 15th, and with EA Access (XBOX) you get a 10 hour free trial on the same day.

Thanks. I might have to pre-order.

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
If you have Origin Premier do you get access to the VIP demo?

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.