• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually wait people on my twitter feed are saying Gridman is good.

There's kind of a weird cognitive dissonance here. People on my TL have been super enthusiastic about the show but people here I'm noticing a general sense of apathy.

Huh.

this thread has been pretty damn positive so not sure where you are even seeing the apathy

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i started watching Log Horizon again because fuck it I do what i want

it's good

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
it might actually be worth doing a proper comprehensive review of it at some point, but I should probably one day finish my Toradora re-review and then throw it up on a site that isn't the sunken place first

Honestly, I noticed that Log Horizon is actually kind of surprisingly efficient in its storytelling and direction from what I remembered.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Log Horizon also seems quite effective at laying out the world and its systems both concisely and simply to keep the viewer informed and engaged, even if they might not play mmos. I'm also surprised at how quickly Shiroe's character flaws start show and how naturally they unfold.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I just discovered that Shoji Kawamori did a design for the (actually quite good) 2015-onwards Thunderbirds reboot:

lQwPuZM.jpg

It even has GERWALK, sorta:

8PfW2d2.jpg

The weird web of interconnections between anime and Gerry Anderson's shows continues to grow.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Iroduku 09

Uh oh, looks like Captain Misunderstanding made a visit to town.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Gridman 9
Interesting to see Akane's actual dream for her world as opposed to what it's become. Visually one of the most striking episodes so far. Hopefully the story can at least stick the landing in the home stretch.

Goblin Slayer 9
The final encounter was pretty interesting and an overall smart idea to wrap things up. The twist was wholly unsurprising as it's been telegraphed the entire arc. I also think that while the show can do some good work with showing the effects of PTSD, the scene with the Sword Maiden felt mostly awkward and ham-fisted, especially given Goblin Slayer's past an the Maiden's actions toward him during the arc.

Not really. Rape victims deal with the trauma in weird ways and learning about her position makes all her actions towards him make alot of sense. Goblin Slayer got the goblin extermination request directly from her because of everyone he was the only person she could put her hope in to deal with the goblins because everyone else ( The Army) didn't head her request and she didn't tell the rest of the adventuring community for fear of being ostracized by them.

She is drawn to goblin slayer because he is the only one (with his new party now) doing work she finds that needs to be done. Like she said at in the conversation, Defeating the Demon Lord was easy but dealing with being 15 and dealing with the trauma of rape and never being able to talk about it with anyone. Goblin Slayer is one of the only people she had probably told.

Also My own experience( Girlfriend), Rape victims being somewhat sexually aggressive to assert their dominance and reassert their a sense of control over their sexuality again. Its why it kinda rang true to me all of her aggressive sexual advances toward Goblin Slayer.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps this is me being a bit of a pedant, but "cognitive dissonance" as a term refers to when one person simultaneously holds two contradictory beliefs. Since you're referring here to two groups of different people, it wouldn't really apply to this situation (unless you're saying you have cognitive dissonance yourself because you are finding it difficult to reconcile your belief that people here are correct in their assessment of anime with your belief that people on your Twitter feed are correct in their assessment of anime).
h437C6AFB

You're right though...

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Saiki K s2e19

They are pushing the Saiki/Teruhashi ship hard. Well, she is best girl and I actually do like her.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Gridman's 9th episode makes me reconsider my AOTS list. Either Jojo or Gridman. Ahhh i don't know anymore.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Bloom Into You 9

Yuu's misguided introspection is so amusing. It's fun having no idea where this is headed and not particularly caring about the outcome so long as it stays grounded.

Goblin Slayer 9

I'm really enjoying these action scenes; their sense of teamwork is nice. The conversation between the Sword Maiden and Goblin Slayer was a little hard to follow, but I think I got the gist of it. I wonder what Goblin Slayer's choice of ice cream flavor would be...

Zombie Land Saga 9

How was the battery of that motorbike, which was seemingly put away for over a decade, still good enough to start the engine? Why was no one wearing helmets? That family had a really nice place... but who were the other two residents on the nameplate? Where was the father? What happened to appealing to the elderly?

The song was decent so it's okay, I guess. I'm still just waiting out Tae's awakening though.

Last edited:

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Zombie Land Saga 9

How was the battery of that motorbike, which was seemingly put away for over a decade, still good enough to start the engine? Why was no one wearing helmets? That family had a really nice place... but who were the other two residents on the nameplate? Where was the father? What happened to appealing to the elderly?
Why are you asking logical questions in a ZOMBIE IDOL SHOW

kEYPa7pl.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gridman feels like it's on the cusp of being good, but meh, just not feeling it, spinning its wheels is an apt description

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Double Decker 06

This episode was a roller coaster ride. Of course, it's Kirill's dream to get on Cops.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
just saw an image set from A Place Further Than The Universe on Tumblr that made me cry, so that's how my day's going. might end up watching that series three times in one year at this rate.

(my top three for the year is easily A Place Further Than The Universe, Bloom Into You and Yuru Camp--can't decide the order, though. so far i'm leaning Antarctica in first, Bloom Into You in second, and Yuru Camp in third--though they're all in my GOAT list regardless.)

Oct 25, 2017
Double Decker Episode 8 engdub

Wow that backstory for Max and Conner, like, they deserved so much happiness, Im so sad he turned to drugs like that after they were denied entry.

Boxer is definitely one of the better of the supporting cast!

Kirill loves the robot dance so much lol.

best boy as the dj. So good.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Realised I was missing Tsurezure Children. Started reading the manga. It's so good. The western girl and the sushi gag is killing me. I really want a season 2 of this show.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Gridman 9

Dang, this episode direction is ace. Like, the strongest NotAnno direction with focus on environmental background and everything.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
this thread isnt showing up in my watched tab anymore. they are trying to ban anime!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Gridman 9

Man, this was a fantastic episode. It actually made me feel sympathy for Akane. I thought she was awful throughout the series but this gave a little insight into why she's like this. I like where the storyline is going. It took 9 freakin episodes but things are falling in place.

Also, the ED is so damn good. I had to buy it on iTunes. I'm glad a lot of anime OP and ED tracks are available on the US iTunes store these days so I dont have to resort to YouTube.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 10

i'd be a much better person if i could just chill like gale does lmao

OP/ED changes were very nice too.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 34

Garbage industry remains garbage, constantly imposing unreasonable deadlines on their workers on a moment's whim. At least Aine is capable of putting in the effort and getting good results, but those late night working hours cannot be good for her. I like how Mio clearly wanted to yell at Tamaki before getting interrupted. Some nice development on the designers, getting a better grasp on how adults handle it. Which in Noa's case apparently means having a nervous breakdown, then getting stress relief pudding.

Hugtto Precure 42

So, Precure is finally going there. Henri wanting to go out on the ice is poetic, so that's cool of him. And I do like Charaleet thanking Hana for not slicing him in half when she had the chance. The whims of fate are dicks however, not even letting Henri finish things on his own terms. Kind of dark for Precure. A moment of weakness has to hit even him now. But instead of making him a cheap villain, we get a much more satisfying moment out of all this. Precure has been building up to this for awhile, and KiraKira initially left me wanting Cure Waffle over his sister, but they haven't seriously gone through with it until now. It's a one-off and not fully featured with attacks and stuff, but he does have an outfit and name, and those are good steps. Next up will be having one as a full main character, but who knows when that'll happen. Until then we've got the conclusion for a good character and a surprisingly progressive stance for a little girl's show.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy 2 10

Jesus the moment he caught the fucking sword and broke it in half.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy 10
So yeah, as expected Gale's end game for the guy was destroying everything he had built up and turning him into a criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.