• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do not. Is it necessary for all online functionality in AC?

Yes. It's fairly worth it. You can trade with other players, buy and sell turnips at their islands, use the Dream Suite, get furniture variants that aren't native to your island (specially since Redd doesn't sell everything). Lots of stuff. So far we don't know of a way to get the other non-native fruit, either, so you'd be stuck with your native, the 'sister' (the non-native fruit the game assigns to always appear for you on Miles islands), and if you're lucky a third via your Mom at the start. There's no way to get all 5 fruit types without online atm.

I don't remember do you pay for it or was it free?

For Pocket Camp or the linking? Both things are free.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
The last of my starter villagers is now gone - Filbert has left! He's adorable, but I felt bad for him living in a shack with a dirt floor.

I started the villager hunt this morning, and was a bit worried because I only had 50k miles... But on the 4th island, I got Fauna! I was hoping for Erik or Dobie because I don't have any lazy or cranky villagers now, but I couldn't turn her down.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
This concept is too fucking good. I can't even pick a favorite.
53b5390b731f510d1fabf05f7e65f0bf01f3040d.png

zieghost.tumblr.com

zieg's art dump

Super Smash Bros. 64 roster but as Animal Crossing villagers~
This is really cool. Samus as an ostrich is perfect because of her Chozo(bird)-DNA.

The last of my starter villagers is now gone - Filbert has left! He's adorable, but I felt bad for him living in a shack with a dirt floor.

I started the villager hunt this morning, and was a bit worried because I only had 50k miles... But on the 4th island, I got Fauna! I was hoping for Erik or Dobie because I don't have any lazy or cranky villagers now, but I couldn't turn her down.
Congrats! Fauna is awesome, she changed my mind on normals. It will be hard for me to let her go eventually but I like Molly just a tiny bit more.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. It's fairly worth it. You can trade with other players, buy and sell turnips at their islands, use the Dream Suite, get furniture variants that aren't native to your island (specially since Redd doesn't sell everything). Lots of stuff. So far we don't know of a way to get the other non-native fruit, either, so you'd be stuck with your native, the 'sister' (the non-native fruit the game assigns to always appear for you on Miles islands), and if you're lucky a third via your Mom at the start. There's no way to get all 5 fruit types without online atm.

For Pocket Camp or the linking? Both things are free.

I was talking about the first bridge TomNook gives you.

Apr 19, 2020
Can I get the giant teddy?
After time traveling 87 times back and forth between Wednesday and Thursday (and finally trading for the last piece), the art wing of my museum is complete. As such, my secondary house is brimming with extra art.

Time travel feels like a complete abuse of the system, but without it, it would take more than that many visits to complete it alone. Even at 90 visits, and Redd only visiting once every 2 weeks, it would take close to 4 years.
Any chance I can have some of those pieces?
This is what I'm missing in my museum:

Art by acoustic | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Art, a list by acoustic containing 7 items
And these are my spare DIYs if anyone needs them:

DIY spares by acoustic | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View DIY spares, a list by acoustic containing 46 items

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
After time traveling 87 times back and forth between Wednesday and Thursday (and finally trading for the last piece), the art wing of my museum is complete. As such, my secondary house is brimming with extra art.

If any of that art is burning a hole in your...uh, wall, I'd be happy to take some of it off your hands. 😉

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a silly question but is there a point where the game just stops giving you gold nuggets if you have a certain amount? I haven't found one in like a week. I've never been this unlucky.

Nov 25, 2019
wheely big cheese I have a Giant Teddy Bear DIY on my Recycling Bin if you want it :)

Does anyone have a Camelia bush of both colors (1 of each) that can trade with me? It is the only bush I'm missing and Leif has forgotten about it haha

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Im on 43 rocks and no gold in sight. Will hit up some more nook islands later and see what i can get.

edit: And on the 45th rock, on the 5th hit, I was rewarded with a piece of gold. My count is back up to 2 now.

Last edited:

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I got Marina at the campsite! First campsite visitor I'm going to invite to the island.

Can someone help out and remind me when I'm supposed to close the dialogue box if she doesn't ask the right villager to move out? There are definitely 2 or 3 villagers I'd be fine with booting over the others.

edit: nevermind she picked Rocco first try, later dude

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I got Marina at the campsite! First campsite visitor I'm going to invite to the island.

Can someone help out and remind me when I'm supposed to close the dialogue box if she doesn't ask the right villager to move out? There are definitely 2 or 3 villagers I'd be fine with booting over the others.

edit: nevermind she picked Rocco first try, later dude
When the villager says the name of the other villager they want to replace, you can close the game and reopen, and have them suggest a different villager.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I had to deal with two hours of playing card games with Molly before she finally offered to replace Rooney and not every other villager on my island multiple times over

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How long does it take for the nook shopping items to arrive by mail?

Also I wish there was an option to make the island a little bigger even if that increased loading times. It seems very small right now and thats before any bridges and with only 2 animals

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
How long does it take for the nook shopping items to arrive by mail?

Also I wish there was an option to make the island a little bigger even if that increased loading times. It seems very small right now and thats before any bridges and with only 2 animals
If you bought the items from your own catalog, it takes a day. If someone else bought the items from their catalog and had them sent to you, you would get them the same day.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If you bought the items from your own catalog, it takes a day. If someone else bought the items from their catalog and had them sent to you, you would get them the same day.
Ok i bought them from my catalog. Seems kinda weird that ordering daily items takes more than a day to arrive

I just want a different shirt lol mine is so awful

Also how hard is it to get specific villagers to move in? I don't care about 8 of the slots but I really want Roald and Bob in my village, they look so goofy in every single thing I've seen them in and I love it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Ok i bought them from my catalog. Seems kinda weird that ordering daily items takes more than a day to arrive

Also how hard is it to get specific villagers to move in? I don't care about 8 of the slots but I really want Roald and Bob in my village, they look so goofy in every single thing I've seen them in and I love it.
If you are willing to pay for their amiibo cards, you can buy their cards and complete three of their requests to get them to move in. You could also look on sites such as Nookazon and see if anyone is selling (via in game bells/Nook Mile Tickets) those two for a price you would be willing to pay. There is a chance for them to show up at your campsite as a regular camper (versus an amiibo camper), but you are not guaranteed a camper on a constant basis. Excluding those options going on mystery island tours for specific villagers can be a bit of a pain and might require you to burn through a ton of NMT if you are unlucky.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If you are willing to pay for their amiibo cards, you can buy their cards and complete three of their requests to get them to move in. You could also look on sites such as Nookazon and see if anyone is selling (via in game bells/Nook Mile Tickets) those two for a price you would be willing to pay. There is a chance for them to show up at your campsite as a regular camper (versus an amiibo camper), but you are not guaranteed a camper on a constant basis. Excluding those options going on mystery island tours for specific villagers can be a bit of a pain and might require you to burn through a ton of NMT if you are unlucky.
I read that even with buying their cards (which I'm not gonna do anyway, don't wanna spend any real cash) doesn't guarantee them moving in.

Anyway Nookazon sounds hilarious but also helpful so I'll check that out. Are Roald and Bob rare/expensive?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I read that even with buying their cards (which I'm not gonna do anyway, don't wanna spend any real cash) doesn't guarantee them moving in.

Anyway Nookazon sounds hilarious but also helpful so I'll check that out. Are Roald and Bob rare/expensive?
Amiibo card campers move in after the third day of running an errand for them, 100% of the time. You even get to pick who leaves, which is a big advantage over normal campers

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Nov 25, 2019

If you're looking for Roald and Bob, it's worth noting that your first 6 villagers have some restrictions: (I'll put those on spoilers just in case you don't want to know how the game progresses the first days)

*Your first and second villager are always a Big Sis/Jock personality. They will have a "starter" home, mostly made of painted DIY furniture.
*You'll have to find your next 3 villagers on Mystery Island Tours. They will always be a Lazy, Normal and Peppy personality and will have a "standard" home of their personality type.
*The sixth villager appears after you build the campsite and aside from random glitches, it'll have a Smug personality. He will have his real home.

That means that Roald can only become your 7th villager at the earliest, but since he's not your starting jock, he'll have his true home which is a plus! You will be able to hunt for Bob when Nook sends you to recruit the 3 MI villagers, but he'll be stuck with a generic Lazy home. If you want his true home instead, you can try to find him after the 6th villager moves in.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If you're looking for Roald and Bob, it's worth noting that your first 6 villagers have some restrictions: (I'll put those on spoilers just in case you don't want to know how the game progresses the first days)

*Your first and second villager are always a Big Sis/Jock personality. They will have a "starter" home, mostly made of painted DIY furniture.
*You'll have to find your next 3 villagers on Mystery Island Tours. They will always be a Lazy, Normal and Peppy personality and will have a "standard" home of their personality type.
*The sixth villager appears after you build the campsite and aside from random glitches, it'll have a Smug personality. He will have his real home.

That means that Roald can only become your 7th villager at the earliest, but since he's not your starting jock, he'll have his true home which is a plus! You will be able to hunt for Bob when Nook sends you to recruit the 3 MI villagers, but he'll be stuck with a generic Lazy home. If you want his true home instead, you can try to find him after the 6th villager moves in.
Can you not refashion the starter homes to fit the true homes of your starting villagers?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Can you not refashion the starter homes to fit the true homes of your starting villagers?

No and I can't figure out why they made the decision to never have their interiors upgrade. If you can get someone else to let them move onto their island until you can get someone else to move out, when they move back in, they will have the correct interior.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
No and I can't figure out why they made the decision to never have their interiors upgrade. If you can get someone else to let them move onto their island until you can get someone else to move out, when they move back in, they will have the correct interior.
It is funny because they could have just sold the AC cards again and made bank. Instead, this decision made NFC Ntag 215 sales skyrocket when Animal Crossing released.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
But no matter what I'll always have the 2 basic houses?

tenor.gif

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
But no matter what I'll always have the 2 basic houses?

tenor.gif

Unless you do what I said above or use their amiibo to bring them in, then yeah. They never upgrade. One of mine never got rid of his sleeping bag.

It is funny because they could have just sold the AC cards again and made bank. Instead, this decision made NFC Ntag 215 sales skyrocket when Animal Crossing released.

I'm semi-convinced that Nintendo was getting a cut from the villager blackmarket.

jk

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Unless you do what I said above or use their amiibo to bring them in, then yeah. They never upgrade. One of mine never got rid of his sleeping bag.
Oh so if I use one of those methods they'll replace the basic home interior entirely?

I understand now.

Seems like I've gotta get rid of my 2 starting villagers then lmao

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so if I use one of those methods they'll replace the basic home interior entirely?

I understand now.

Seems like I've gotta get rid of my 2 starting villagers then lmao
Yeah, you can get the upgraded houses if the villager in question moves out and then moves in again later (after your island hits a certain threshold). But unless you have the amiibo for that villager, you just have to be really lucky.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, you can get the upgraded houses if the villager in question moves out and then moves in again later (after your island hits a certain threshold). But unless you have the amiibo for that villager, you just have to be really lucky.
If they move out but someone else replaces them will the basic interior be replaced? Or does it have to be the same villager?

Status
Not open for further replies.