• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has sakura dupe recipes I have a couple of bamboos ones left I can trade. I don't feel comfortable farming balloons until this balloon bug is addressed. I'm about 76% or so to getting the 300 glitch lock-out.

I'll definitely let you know if I end up with any extras. I've gotten a Bunny Day dupe so far but have only found 2 of the cherry blossom ones to begin with.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I'm looking for a laptop in game, if anyone has one please shoot me a DM since I'm not that active on the forums. I have a few things to trade, hopefully you're interested in one of them.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter can't go online but I'm pretty sure I have a family Nintendo account thing. How do I check I do, and what does she have to do to join it? She has a Nintendo network account I think and it's tied to her profile

You should be able to go to the website for it (MyNintendo, I guess?) and send an invite to her e-mail. That's how I did it for a cousin a few months ago, at least.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Any tips on the most efficient way to create furniture for the new villagers who want to move in? My son is complaining that he has 18 pieces to craft.

May 5, 2018
I will say, unless I missed a corner when I was playing earlier I didn't see zipper once while doing my usual island stuff. There's still eggs hidden in my island but he wasn't hopping around whenever he saw me. Curious if anyone else has noticed an absence of Zipper.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ok, now that I do have terraforming I can finally extend the cliff in front of my house and build an incline. And... shit. Fears confirmed.

would it really be so terrible to have an option for thinner 3-space width inclines and bridges so it could be centered... why do they have to be 4 spaces while houses are 5...

I think I'll do the left one and just deal, but like... I am very bad at design and organizing. I am going to have a mess of paths and fences and patches of overcrowded trees. But even I just want a nice symmetrical walk up to my door...
I had the same problem with a future bridge leading up to my house...

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Gates are open!

[Hidden content]

Travel package (COVID-19 Free):

- GIVEAWAY! Take whatever you see by the stall;
- Southern hemisphere creatures;
- Able Sisters open and selling dresses and tiara wigs;
- Nooks selling cosmos, rose and lily seeds
- Feel free to take fruits;
- If you can, bring your local grown flowers to plant in my island;
- Please DO NOT touch my flowers.

Thanks!
New page sorry. Come get your tiara!

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having fun personally, it's fun to decorate the town for the holiday !!

Yeah I like it too. It's the baloon bug that makes me feel stressed about it because I am so close to the 300 that apparently causes baloons to stop spawning. Now that I have all cherry recipes I can relax more though.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Harder than with no amiibos thats for sure.
From what ive read with amiibos after you hit max the game lets you choose who to kick out, without amiibos going the random campers route the camper will choose one of the villager to kick out at random. It said once that camper gives you the random villager they wanna kick you can switch off the game fast if its one of your favourites so he changes the villager he wants to kick out when you talk with him again, but I dont know how true is that.

Of course, another terrible game design decission by the devs. This one is even stupidier becuase, at least here, they dont sell amiibo cards anymore, so its not like they are getting a on of money for them, the only ones earning money here are fucking scalpers.

That is a shame. I like most of my villagers, but some definitely have overlap in personalities (I don't need three dudes who talk about working out all the time, or four pink animals, etc.).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on the most efficient way to create furniture for the new villagers who want to move in? My son is complaining that he has 18 pieces to craft.

Get the lists of the items they want (both interior and exterior), then make him a checklist of the materials to collect so that he can get those and craft them all in one go, probably? That's pretty much what I did for myself.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Ok, now that I do have terraforming I can finally extend the cliff in front of my house and build an incline. And... shit. Fears confirmed.

would it really be so terrible to have an option for thinner 3-space width inclines and bridges so it could be centered... why do they have to be 4 spaces while houses are 5...

I think I'll do the left one and just deal, but like... I am very bad at design and organizing. I am going to have a mess of paths and fences and patches of overcrowded trees. But even I just want a nice symmetrical walk up to my door...
Maybe you can have two paralel inclines leading to the house, with just a small gap centered correctly?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much, also according to reddit, Nintendo is already on this (looking for a solution), since enough people have called in.

It's only fair to help after you helped me cover the bamboo recipes! I luckily ended up with the last 2 I still didn't have from balloons afterwards too, so thanks to you I did end up with an complete set.

Good to hear that it'll be fixed soon, though. Definitely horrible timing to have a balloon-heavy event with that happening...

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Beau is a Flat Earther

EUnaILRUYAA1fzC

EUnaILSUMAA8wd3

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I'm going to take this time during the egg-takeover to work on terraforming rather my daily routine. And muting my switch because the whooshing of all the balloons is driving me to madness.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how close together ramps can be placed vertically? I assume it isn't possible to have one nice continuous ramp going from the bottom up 2 levels, but how many "tiles" do you need between them?

AldabraRail

Banned
Sep 25, 2019
are there any options for folks that don't want to spend a ton of money for individual amiibo cards? are there qr codes for villagers available online or something?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you can have two paralel inclines leading to the house, with just a small gap centered correctly?

...you know, that's costly, but not a bad idea at all! Especially as I can then add a cliff into the middle space and maybe do something with water in front of it too. I didn't realize that the incline doesn't really take up the side spaces so that this should be possible, hmm.

Think I'll see how that goes, then. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
I just added the shittiest waterfall. It doesn't look natural at all. I need to spend more time on this.

At least I have something to do now with this egg nonsense happening.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So I was at Harv's Island to get posters of my villagers
I was wondering, anyone who has had a villager leave your town, do they still show up in the menu to bring into Photopia?
There's like 16 spaces on that menu and obviously 10 villager limit can't fill it, but no one has left my island to check
(secretly hopes for expanding villager count in the future)

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, too close to grow. For my grove, I am growing them well spaced out somewhere else and once fully grown moving them to the actual grove in uniform fashion.
I think trees may be too close to one another. There needs to be 8 squares of space around a tree so fruit/wood can drop onto it when you shake/chop the tree. And those spaces can't overlap with the spaces of another tree. If the trees are fully grown, then I think they continue to produce fruit, but the saplings don't grow. You can always grow them somewhere else, then transfer them.
Didn't realize the spaces couldn't overlap with other trees! Thank you! I might just end up cutting down the size of the grove. Do I really need 120 fruit every three days. :P

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
One other annoyance of the eggs is how much inventory space they take up. If you're just starting out and only have two rows it'd be a nightmare

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty sure my town jock Lyman is a poser and not really an athletic nut, and secretly an anime nerd. Despite talking about working out and muscles, he's only ever done any actual fitness training once the past few weeks and almost 100% of the time spends his time outside doing the Naruto ninja run with Tammy; they must do marathons of that stuff at each others homes lol.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone responded but I just got it and can answer. I guess I'll tag in case anyone still cares.

Right after the KK concert which happens the day after when your island has a 3 star evaluation. I reached that on the day of my 8th villager moving in; I know some people have talked about needing more fences or decorations, but I think all my fencing around stuff like turnips or my fruit trees, along with the tons of fish I currently have placed out waiting for CJ, made that easily satisfied.

You pay miles for individual permits - 6k each for being able to make water and cliffs, 2k each for 9 more (at least I think you only start with 1 of the 10? I just bought them all right away) ground types including one that's just placing custom patterns - but thankfully you then have unlimited use of whatever you have a permit for. There are no costs or any crafting materials used, you're free to go wild with it.

You place things square by square. You can press the button again to make it a rounded corner if that makes sense, and again to erase it. And it looks like custom pattern paths can't have found corners, just erased. And now that I check, it seems like pressing Y will still erase them too, which isn't true for paths. It's faster to place one design down multiple times this way than the usual way since you only have to select it once and then don't have to use any menus, though, so there's still that benefit.
Thanks for the info! Sounds less troublesome than I thought it might be.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Yeah I'm pretty sure my town jock Lyman is a poser and not really an athletic nut, and secretly an anime nerd. Despite talking about working out and muscles, he's only ever done any actual fitness training once the past few weeks and almost 100% of the time spends his time outside doing the Naruto ninja run with Tammy; they must do marathons of that stuff at each others homes lol.
My resident jock, Kody, spends most of his time sitting under trees drinking Sprite

Fauna actually works out way more than he does

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
I will say, unless I missed a corner when I was playing earlier I didn't see zipper once while doing my usual island stuff. There's still eggs hidden in my island but he wasn't hopping around whenever he saw me. Curious if anyone else has noticed an absence of Zipper.

He was only on the island for the one day and then will return on the 12th. I believe he mentioned that if you kept talking to him. Unless you mean you haven't seen him ever.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to build access to the higher levels without using the inclines? Also what's this balloon glitch I've seen mentioned?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I wish crafting materials capped out at 99 in your inventory and not 30
This is seriously the dumbest thing. I genuinely do not get why you can't stack all materials to 99. Hell, some materials like beehives and cherry blossoms, only stack to 10
New Leaf capping stacks of fruit to 9 was at least cute flavor since it turned it into a basket of fruit, but we're a crafting game now, you gotta up the caps.

My storage is so clogged with stacks of wood & ore because I know I'll need them eventually and selling them would be wasteful.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, that idea with water between inclines has issues too. Apparently to have a waterfall, you need:

|x|x|x|
|x|w|x|

Where "x" is normal cliff and "w" is the waterfall. Because it bends the corners around it, I guess? That's so silly...

Rather... a waterfall can work, it just has to be immediately between the top of inclines I'm building, hmm. I was hoping to have a space or so of cliff dividing them at the top and then have the waterfall begin so that where the inclines join the cliff is smooth, but this is ok too, I guess...

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So how do I get more Cherry Blossom recipes? I only have the clock so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.