• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Does literally no one have access to the ironwood dresser/kitchenette? I'd kill for one right now :\

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Really? My secondary fruit was peaches from mum.

I think the fruit you're sent is independent of the islands fruit. They're both apples in my case, but others have gotten different fruit than what they found later.

Does literally no one have access to the ironwood dresser/kitchenette? I'd kill for one right now :\

I think I learned the kitchenette recipe, but do not have the cutting board it requires, if that's what you mean.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Can you make your own path when it finally opens up? I'm trying to make a Korean/Japan type neighbourhood theme town but requires additional stuff like crosswalks and whatnot

I'd think you'd need to make that a pattern and decorate the ground with it as is. The path tool doesn't have roads as far as I know.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
When it's raining, do you still need to water flowers? All these years and games and I am still not entirely sure :D

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
I think the fruit you're sent is independent of the islands fruit. They're both apples in my case, but others have gotten different fruit than what they found later.

I think I learned the kitchenette recipe, but do not have the cutting board it requires, if that's what you mean.
I'm in the same boat and it's actually annoying lol. I just want to finish my kitchen!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the southern hemi have so many amazing fish and bugs and stuff? Why did I pick Northern hemi... I didn't even get to see snow :(

I mean, we'll get that stuff in a few months?

...I don't want to be patronizing, because I'm absolutely not talking about you specifically here, but sometimes I wonder if people realize the difference is literally just the seasons being shifted to match the real world? That's why there's not ticket islands that are the other hemisphere or anything like that. It's just that different things are available in different seasons.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Still got plenty of Fish Bait and some gold rods still if anyone wanted them.

[Hidden content]

Are you still open? I'd love a golden fishing rod.

BXvpnWt.gif

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
OmegaDL50 Amazing designs! I'm saving almost of them. Since you're asking for requests, just more Zelda and Metroid stuff would be great? and definitely some Xenoblade stuff.

Also anyone know a good database for Pokemon designs?

Metanoiable

Mar 19, 2020
Finland
I'm new to this, trying to jump in online - would love some peaches (need pears and oranges too). Have apples/cherries or can donate bells:)

So do you have Nintendo online already? If so, I can bring you some oranges as well! I don't need anything but thank you for the thought :) Just PM me your dodo code and I can come right away!

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if the Armor Suit and Pants from previous games are in New Horizons? I made my villager Casca from Berserk and want to put her in armor lol.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Saw a conversation between 2 of my villagers earlier today, Bam was telling Gayle she should excercise. She is now doing reps with a barbell :D

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA

...I don't want to be patronizing, because I'm absolutely not talking about you specifically here, but sometimes I wonder if people realize the difference is literally just the seasons being shifted to match the real world? That's why there's not ticket islands that are the other hemisphere or anything like that. It's just that different things are available in different seasons.

... that makes a lot of sense lol. I didn't think of it like real world hemispheres, I was starting to think Southern was some tropical paradise and Northern was like Wisconsin or something. That also makes a lot of sense about the ticket islands not having a ton of variety. Thanks for the insight!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017

Lol I'm from South America and live in Europe, I'm always amazed at how so many people don't understand the concept of seasons being the opposite and that getting closer to the south in the southern hemisphere is like getting closer to the north in the northern hemisphere in terms of temperature and climate.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
@casual_
Does anyone have any kitchen counter item? I desperately want to decorate my kitchen and I don't have a centerpiece! I can trade catalog items with ya, I got a rice cooker, expresso kettle, bronze kettle, soup kettle, microwave, knives wall rack, spice rack, knives table rack, I think you see the theme here.
they're hard to come by right now.
1x2 ironwood shelves and counters can be made by the community, but so far, we've got 3 people who need to be involved due to recipe scarcity.

A central 2x2 kitchen island is a spotlight item costing like 300k, someone could let you catalog it and you could orderr your own....if you can afford it and didn't buy 5 items yet today and you unlocked the nook shopping business at the ABD....

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Do you guys know how to get the Gold Armour and Rocket for the Mech?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pom Pom and friga - no thanks. one more nook island and then I'll leave slot 8 to the rng gods

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
1x2 ironwood shelves and counters can be made by the community, but so far, we've got 3 people who need to be involved due to recipe scarcity.

A central 2x2 kitchen island is a spotlight item costing like 300k, someone could let you catalog it and you could orderr your own....if you can afford it and didn't buy 5 items yet today and you unlocked the nook shopping business at the ABD....
How do I join the kitchen counter team? I can make cutting boards.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So can someone confirm this for me?

I'll take a shot at the Stringfish tonight since it is going away, but can they spawn in both the very top cliff ponds (tier 3) and the cliff river or just the cliff river (tier 2)? Need to know where to toss bait out.

Thanks

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Just something I noticed;
- Villagers that have smoke coming out of their chimneys on their house are usually crafting and will give you a recipe
- If you invite someone over, your friends can get that recipe too from the same villager.

Might be useful to keep tabs on villagers and what they're giving out for recipes and then bring some friends along :)

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
I'm wondering if my wireless controller is making it more difficult to catch this Sturgeon. I've lost three so far.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if my wireless controller is making it more difficult to catch this Sturgeon. I've lost three so far.
Have you tried closing your eyes and just doing it based on sound? Turning rumble off helps me as well.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
@casual_

Oh wow I didn't even know about a kitchen island! I just wanted to be able to build the kitchenette thing but I have no recipe to offer sniff

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I built the campsite, so do I now need to do another island tour to invite someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.