• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Pole vaulting when you look away.
Right behind my back! All this time I thought I was essential for their island access

Reposting, because Graham is dope.
5iwA6va.jpg

God I want a hamster (?) villager so badly. So jealous of my friend who has Flurry

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Any suggestions folks. I do enjoy making these custom clothing designs. Here is some more designs for you guys.

Have a couple of posters to decorate your houses with!

And an original design by me

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Double pressing A and holding after accelerate the building process! Kinda faster a bit for baits.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I guess you probably just search for my Creator ID to have access to all of my designs.

Give me ideas, I will make them or if existing sprite art exists, recreate it and share to you all.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have the treasure hunt?

I ran out of time, but then found it and dig it up.

so now I have a present stuck in my inventory?

Octopop

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone got decent prices on turnips at the moment? My highest buy price from Nook's Cranny is 60 Bells.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
How does bank interest work? Do you get a certain % daily? I read that this exists in some article but haven't seen it firsthand.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
An OT has come and gone in that time ;) Welcome to OT2. I hope you're still looking after yourself amidst all the Animal Crossing goodness.

Well I still eat and shower, and I can't go out because of COVID-19, so I'm doing okay considering. I'm starting to lack some sleep though, that's what I get for playing with people from an American-centric forum/discord server :'D

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
The Able Sisters are CRAZY this time what the heck. The design shop itself is going to keep some players occupied for hours on end.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Double pressing A and holding after accelerate the building process! Kinda faster a bit for baits.
I've been tapping the button since launch and the building goes pretty fast. Maybe it's the same speed as your method (haven't tried anything but nonstop tapping), if it is I definitely might try it out to save some of the tapping..

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont like the filter effect they use to de pixelize the custom stuff. They should have made the resolution higher if they were going to do that cause it doesnt work very well. I know they wanted to keep compatibility with 3DS textures, but it isnt worth it. looks wonky.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

Ilonis

Oct 27, 2017
I've managed to finish up my Nook Phone template. If you want full control of the design, it's actually very annoying and complicated. I'll do my best to explain my findings. First, the design: (Pattern lines are inclusive.)

Simple:
So for most designs, you can ignore the Blue and Green sections of the design and just focus on the warm colors.
The Orange middle section, from top to bottom, will be displayed on the back of the case. This is the most noticeable section, and where I assume most pattern work will be done.
The Red sections are for the camera and the Nook logo, which are not removable from what I've seen. None of the red pixels will appear in the final design.
The Yellow section is for the left side of the case (looking from the back).
The Pink section is for the right side of the case (looking from the back).
The extreme left column and extreme right column of pixels controls the front sides of the case

Here's an example showing the simple pattern above:
EUc_lmmUwAEuGaZ
EUc_lmaU0AAHWUH

Complex:
In the example above, you can see some oddities. The Orange back is also appearing on the tom and bottom faces, and the Nook Logo has a Green leaf.
If you want full control, you need to account for the cool colors of the template: (Pattern sections that overlap, appear on two or more faces)
The Green and the Blue sections control the bottom and top sides, respectively. This means that the Green section will be displayed BOTH on the back, and the bottom side. Because of this, you cannot have a design without some of the back appearing on the edges of the case. You'll notice these sections also contain some of the sides. There is a small "triangle" of each flipped on the sides as well. I don't know why.

Most Importantly, the Black section of the design. This section consists of the four pixels in each corner of the design. The game actually mixes all the corner pixels to create the color for the Nook logo leaf on the back. In the above example, the four corners are a bright green, translating to a bright green leaf. In the below example, half of the corners are yellow, and half are black, resulting in a dark, muddy yellow leaf. Have fun mixing colors to get the exact leaf you'd like! These pixels do appear on the front edges of the case, but they are small enough that they can be whatever to generate the leaf without messing with the total design too much.

EUc_lmuU4AAQtfN
EUc_lmhUEAAwOVV

Anyway, I spent way too long on tinkering with this, so I hope someone can get some use out of it. Let me know if you haveany questions, and I'd be glad to help out. Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Have a good one!

deepFlaw Mentioning you now that it's written!

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
How many trees do I need? I have gone crazy planting "Fruit Farms", but now I am having issues finding space for flowers/outdoor items. Thinking I might need to do some clear cutting.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Warning

Don't get to 300 balloons shot down, there seems to be a bug where balloons will not spawn again ever for the player. No, I didn't get a golden slingshot recipe either.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions folks

As a Persona 5 head that's about to get Royal, I would LOVE a Futaba Sakura shirt.
Would you only accept Pixel art? If so, either of these pixel based ones would be great!

capture1xfjtj.png

capture2fhkk2.png

twitter.com

Sebastián (Seabass) on Twitter

“2018 was the year that I both fell in love with Persona 5 and made pixel art of all the Phantom Thieves! Definitely my favorite piece from 2018!!! #pixelart #persona5 #persona”

I'd love either for a shirt and/or poster. If so, name anything in New Horizons and it's yours. lol

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Hit three stars! Also, I had a random villager just move in outta nowhere (didn't invite from campsite or island). Strange. Tex is getting the boot ASAP.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It would be nice to rate custom designs. I want to see what other people came up with.

That being said...

DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!

It's Dangerous, Take these before you go!

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions folks. I do enjoy making these custom clothing designs. Here is some more designs for you guys.

Have a couple of posters to decorate your houses with!

And an original design by me

Amazing! Really loving the Zelda one. Using my 7 day trial now lol, guess this might make me get back Switch Online!

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to rate custom designs. I want to see what other people came up with.

That being said...

DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!

I seriously hope they release a patch that lets you toggle whether you want smoothing or not. Some beautiful pixel art is being muddled, but these are awesome regardless :D

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Interesting article. I can somewhat relate, me and the one friends I have playing a lot of this have talked about how shitty our towns look compared to what we see online lol. It hasn't bothered me much though, it might take longer but eventually I hope my town looks nice.
I share a similar mindset. I'm trying to treat it more as a marathon than a sprint, so to speak.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
Any idea when the final patch for Bunny Day will go live? Its after 5am on the 1st of April in Australia atm and haven't got an update yet.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Today the RNG gods smiled on me.

I used a Nook Ticket for a trip to a random island, and every single rock there was a money rock! :O

Six of them in total, I believe. It was nuts, and I felt I needed to share.

All but one was placed in such a way that I could get all 8 hits in easy.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017

That being said...

DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!

These are seriously all so good, the pixel to design translation isn't as direct as I would like so these are all the more impressive. I'll save your creator ID so i can look at all of your work!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Man the smoothing on the designs is such a double edged sword. I wish they'd add a way to make it so any designs we create can be toggled between actual pixel art and the smoothed out lines :\

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very specific question, so this is my town,

EUdSSaCUEAEElOJ

That piece of land in the center I really want to terraform it into the tallest cliff. Would this make the river and stretch of land basically un-viewable?

Status
Not open for further replies.