• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I've broken some of my rocks. Do they respawn? I don't want to end up rockless.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never broken a rock. Do you need to be fully charged 10/10 from fruit?
Can you hit it 8 times for items THEN break it for even more?

From what I've tried, you just need a fruit charge to do it. A bit like digging up a whole tree. When I knocked out 8 items and did it all I got was a stone. Breaking it immediately only got me my one drop. I'm just knocking out my 8 till otherwise proven I guess.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I don't know. I haven't done it either.
From what I've tried, you just need a fruit charge to do it. A bit like digging up a whole tree. When I knocked out 8 items and did it all I got was a stone. Breaking it immediately only got me my one drop. I'm just knocking out my 8 till otherwise proven I guess.
Yeah I just did it on an island and after hitting out all the items breaking them gave me 1 stone each.

TarzanUSP

May 12, 2019
My second day! I'm trying to pay the debts for the house today. Already gave the items for Nook's Cranny. And it seems Blathers will only accept fossils and etc sunday lol

90545750_766701453853891_3806095916297879552_o.jpg

Oct 28, 2019
Way to be shitty about it. The point is we don't want to have to be limited by sharing. In 2020 this seems like a huge miss and a bit unfair those people who have multiple players in the house.

I just thought the reply was funny in a 'technically the truth' kinda way, that's all. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely stupid Nintendo doesn't allow each player their own island.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tent paid off for the house and the museum loaded with enough specimens for tomorrow. Found Rosie on an island, too!

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Quick question; do non-native fruit fetch a higher price? I'm planning to plant any I find on my travels, but haven't made it there yet since I don't yet have a shovel, lol.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Well I just had a very productive 2nd day. Collected enough Fish, bugs, and fossils for Blathers Museum to start construction, Paid off my Tent and initiated the upgrade to a House which will be ready by tomorrow. Went on an excursion to another Island and found Coconut Fruits and replanted them all on my Island to start my Fruit Production Run. Now I have Oranges, Apples, and Coconuts (starting fruit is Oranges), amassed about 40,000 Bells just selling random stuff on my Island like Weeds and Shellfish on the beach, as well as any duplicate Fish I didn't need for the collection.

Probably won't progress fast enough to get Nook's Cranny to open up by Sunday to start Turnip Trading for the Stalk Market, but still I did well enough without resorting to time travel shenanigans.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can the flimsy rod catch any kind of fish or do I need ot upgrade to catch the bigger ones? I've cauch loaches so far

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Am I the only one bummed about the lack of gyroids? Finding them was my favorite part of animal crossing sigh

Edit: not literally the only

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
So I have my cousin my dodo code. Is it only active while I'm playing or can she visit my island even when I'm not playing? Never played an AC sorry.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Well I just had a very productive 2nd day. Collected enough Fish, bugs, and fossils for Blathers Museum to start construction, Paid off my Tent and initiated the upgrade to a House which will be ready by tomorrow. Went on an excursion to another Island and found Coconut Fruits and replanted them all on my Island to start my Fruit Production Run. Now I have Oranges, Apples, and Coconuts (starting fruit is Oranges), amassed about 40,000 Bells just selling random stuff on my Island like Weeds and Shellfish on the beach, as well as any duplicate Fish I didn't need for the collection.

Probably won't progress fast enough to get Nook's Cranny to open up by Sunday to start Turnip Trading for the Stalk Market, but still I did well enough without resorting to time travel shenanigans.
I got all the materials for Nooks Cranny in just 3 Mystery Tours.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I swear to god I'm going to capture as many tarantulas as I can just so I can stuff them in boxes and leave them in my basement as punishment for their terrible attitudes

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got all the materials for Nooks Cranny in just 3 Mystery Tours.
Exactly what I did too!

Just make sure you position yourself well before beginning to wail at rocks, and move a little closer every second or so hit. The more quickly you're able to keep hitting the rock without missing, the more materials you'll be able to grab before the rock is spent.

Search your town tonight for a surprise.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Exactly what I did too!

Just make sure you position yourself well before beginning to wail at rocks, and move a little closer every second or so hit. The more quickly you're able to keep hitting the rock without missing, the more materials you'll be able to grab before the rock is spent.

Search your town tonight for a surprise.
I saw someone post this a few pages back - just dig a hole behind yourself then wail away.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
My second day! I'm trying to pay the debts for the house today. Already gave the items for Nook's Cranny. And it seems Blathers will only accept fossils and etc sunday lol

90545750_766701453853891_3806095916297879552_o.jpg
Yeah my island is a shitshow right now. I have 15+ bugs/fish/fossils just chillin on the ground outside of his museum area waiting for it to open.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To time travel or not to time travel? I figure since most of us are in quarantine it would make sense to take it by each day rather than progress forward artificially.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Way to be shitty about it. The point is we don't want to have to be limited by sharing. In 2020 this seems like a huge miss and a bit unfair those people who have multiple players in the house.
I agree the option to have a seperate island should've been there. However, the way it is now is how it's always been since the series' inception almost 20 years ago, thus the way it's meant to be played. I didn't mean it as a shitty reply, but you play together with the people in your home, so co-operation and communication really are key. If you don't want someone to use up all your resources, just tell them.

That being said, most of the resources are either infinite (twigs for example) or plentiful (wood), and you can always go on a mystery tour to a random generated island filled with resources. Critters always respawn and fruits are mainly there to net you a quick buck. On top of that most of the furniture isn't aquired through crafting, so you won't need resources for that. I'm not sure yet if golden tools are in New Horizons, but higher quality tools will last longer and if golden tools are in they probably won't break at all, so the more you play, the less resources you'll need.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Finished like 3/4 of the house requirements for new residents.
I'll leave it there for the day so my sister has something to do later, I gotta get ready for work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.