• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love it!

Do we know the villager limit in this game?
9 appear together in this scene of the completion of a bridge. Judging by the way they are arranged we might see up to 11, with one more villager at the top left and bottom right, but that's just a guess. 10 is a safer bet since that's how many villagers were in New Leaf. Also the villager/resident list on the left side of the map screen seems like it would perfectly fit 18 people, with a maximum of 8 residents and 10 villagers.

ERPigaGWkAA7T9N

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don´t consider myself an AC fan at all, but I think that if I were I would be hyped beyond sanity.

The game looks beautiful, of course, but also full of content.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I went and ordered cards for a couple of my faves (Deirdre, Curlos) that I didn't already have (Daisy). There was no affordable Sparro card so I will keep looking.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, this game looks amazing! They've added so much detail.

I wish they had expanded on the online but what is there is fine.

Also having the loading screen be Tom nook might be strange.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is just insane how they have a coherent effect for everything that is happening on screen while them being extremely cute/pleasant.

Honestly, it is so damn good. The lighting also comes across as extremely impressive for different times of day during different seasons. Then you have the reflections off the water.

Hnngggg all around right here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Never played an animal crossing game. Recently got a switch. I love farming/building games. Really excited to get Rune Factory later.
However, I HATE "daily" games where you login and just play a little bit and can't accomplish anything by just playing it like a normal game for extended periods of time.

Can you play animal crossing that way or is it limited by something to keep me from progressing in a single day?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Love it!

Do we know the villager limit in this game?
They said, "the maximum number of residences per island is EIGHT" when talking about players. However, I'd be surprised if more than eight houses could fit on an island.

So, I'm guessing that if you are the only human resident, you can have a max of seven animals but that's just a guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Never played an animal crossing game. Recently got a switch. I love farming/building games. Really excited to get Rune Factory later.
However, I HATE "daily" games where you login and just play a little bit and can't accomplish anything by just playing it like a normal game for extended periods of time.

Can you play animal crossing that way or is it limited by something to keep me from progressing in a single day?

You can definitely do daily tasks, for sure! Fishing/bug catching, getting fossils, paying your bills, and way way more in this one

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

It is a bit limited in how much you can progress in a single day, but this one seems to be better on this front thanks to the crafting.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Oh man, this game looks amazing! They've added so much detail.

I wish they had expanded on the online but what is there is fine.

Also having the loading screen be Tom nook might be strange.
The 5 character code for playing online with randoms is a great addition.
Simple and clean. I imagine theres going to be a lot of meetups here with codes being dropped all the time

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
All they said was, "the maximum number of residences per island is EIGHT" when talking about players. However, I'd be surprised if more than eight houses total could fit on an island.

So, I'm guessing that if you are the only human resident, you can have a max of seven animals. The more human players on the island, the fewer animals. However, that's just a guess.
I can't imagine that having eight players on an island = removing the "Animal" from "Animal Crossing."

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
They said, "the maximum number of residences per island is EIGHT" when talking about players. However, I'd be surprised if more than eight houses could fit on an island.

So, I'm guessing that if you are the only human resident, you can have a max of seven animals. The more human players on the island, the fewer animals. However, that's just a guess.

The implication here is an island full of other players would have no animals - in a game entirely built around trading and interacting with the residents? Not a chance.

Edit: A lot of the images show homes with pretty close proximity. Apparently New Leaf allowed 10 residents and the estimation is this new island is much larger (closer to the Gamecube game).

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Do we know if the Amiibo cards will be re-printed/re-sold? I went to GameStop and they don't stock them anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
The implication here is an island full of other players would have no animals - in a game entirely built around trading and interacting with the residents? Not a chance.

So far we know you can have at least 9 villagers. I think 10 is usually the norm in AC games and seems like a very okay number, considering 8 players living in an island + shops, museum, etc

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I missed the information, but can I co-own an island with a friend using Nintendo Online?

Like, from the get-go, we're starting on the same island and we'll build it together, or do I have to have my own island and she, her own, and we can visit each other island until we had each other as best friends?

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
So far we know you can have at least 9 villagers. I think 10 is usually the norm in AC games and seems like a very okay number, considering 8 players living in an island + shops, museum, etc

I was commenting on the other user's post, who was basically speculating that we could have an island without animal villagers if we maxed out player residences.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
If there's any amiibo cards you want, you're best getting them ASAP because I imagine their values are gonna skyrocket in the near future.

My wife bought about a dozen online last night to add to her collection in anticipation.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I missed the information, but can I co-own an island with a friend using Nintendo Online?

Like, from the get-go, we're starting on the same island and we'll build it together, or do I have to have my own island and she, her own, and we can visit each other island until we had each other as best friends?

Online? No. Same switch? Yes

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, you can always "pretend", though. Like have him build a tent or something for you. In any case, you get to experience two islands! And visit each other/mail each other, too!

Ahah, yeah sure, but it's not really the same as having one place, and you know, talking with your friend about how you're going to arrange the island, what are you going to build together, arguing if you should or not put that bridge here, or being pleasantly surprise the next time you connect to see the island evolved without you and then build on top of it. ^^

But again, thank for the answer. 🙏

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017

You can put an hour or two of entertainment in a day.

It's not a farming simulator but more of a game where you collect stuff.
Different fishes and bugs pop out throughout the day to collect.

In the video that they show in the direct you can custom design the island and you're able to craft furnitures and get techinqual with the details.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
9 appear together in this scene of the completion of a bridge. Judging by the way they are arranged we might see up to 11, with one more villager at the top left and bottom right, but that's just a guess. 10 is a safer bet since that's how many villagers were in New Leaf. Also the villager/resident list on the left side of the map screen seems like it would perfectly fit 18 people, with a maximum of 8 residents and 10 villagers.

ERPigaGWkAA7T9N

Yikes, I may have gotten too excited buying Amiibo cards lol

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
I hope Tommy Little takes over honestly, he has always been the good guy in all the videogames he plays

Honest question, does Tommy Little really have a shot if he takes a run at this?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
You can put an hour or two of entertainment in a day.

It's not a farming simulator but more of a game where you collect stuff.
Different fishes and bugs pop out throughout the day to collect.

In the video that they show in the direct you can custom design the island and you're able to craft furnitures and get techinqual with the details.
Thanks for the answer.

Doesn't seem like a game for me sadly. =/

At least the rune factory remaster is coming out as well.

Oct 27, 2017

Wouldn't this require always online? I'm still getting through the Direct, but I'd be surprised if this game had that (and it would also be dumb for a portable system)

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone is interested in playing the odds with cards, you can still bulk buy the amiibo cards in the USA through Amazon. Series 4 is about 52$ per box of 18 packs, which works out to less than 50 cents a card. However, you are going to get some duplicate cards doing things this way and you might not get your favorite.

Some of these bulk boxes are already going up in price, and Series 1 and Welcome Amiibo Series aren't available any more, but I thought I'd mention it as an option.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Looks great. I love that you can sculpt the terrain; my New Leaf town layout really annoyed me at times. Also spotted Erik in the trailer and he's the best.

I have a voucher left and was considering Luigi's Mansion 3 but I'm positive I'll get more mileage out of AC more over the months so LM3 can wait a bit longer.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH

ERPigaGWkAA7T9N
Was just going to ask about that new type of animal in the back with the yellow eyes... then it came to me.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ERPigaGWkAA7T9N
It'll be exceedingly disappointing if the villager limit is no higher than New Leaf.