• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing again because I got the OLED. So anything new is good news as far as I'm concerned.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
I'm hoping for QoL improvements, Brewster and his cafe of course, and that we can add a few more villagers (i hated having to boot a few in order to get all the different personalities). Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wonder if they'll bring back Gracie, with her expensive furniture set.
I just want T&T Emporium back, haha.

I feel like there's enough old visitors we haven't seen yet that we could get 3-5 returnees through this without encroaching on anyone's current occupation.

Gimme new furniture, gyroids, more villager interaction, new furniture, a Nook's upgrade, new furniture, new furniture, and new furniture. And let me hire Kapp'n to sell my wares across other isles.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I feel like there's enough old visitors we haven't seen yet that we could get 3-5 returnees through this without encroaching on anyone's current occupation.

Gimme new furniture, gyroids, more villager interaction, new furniture, a Nook's upgrade, new furniture, new furniture, and new furniture. And let me hire Kapp'n to sell my wares across other isles.
No, I only think there's going to be only 1. No extra returnees, not unless they shake up some gameplay changes.

Oct 27, 2017
Brewster + The Roost alone is great to me! It's already a 10/10 AC game with this. Add a few NPC's, another store upgrade and I'm good!

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
They've gotta do something to incentivize online multiplayer play, or else we're all just decorating islands no one will ever see (on top of fundamental stuff like being able to complete art collections being nigh impossible without friends to play with, unless you go the Nookazon route).

LazyPanda

Oct 30, 2017
MORE STORAGE ROOM please. My wife has been playing on a daily basis practically since day one and she's a serial, unrepentant, mind boggling fashion hoarder. She has started to drop bunches of clothes around the island that she can't fit anymore in her house storage. Help Nintendo.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
MORE STORAGE ROOM please. My wife has been playing on a daily basis practically since day one and she's a serial, unrepentant, mind boggling fashion hoarder. She has started to drop bunches of clothes around the island that she can't fit anymore in her house storage. Help Nintendo.
I can't believe that clothing just doesn't go to an infinite-storage closet (or at least a closet big enough to hold 1 copy of every wearable item in the game), separate from home furniture storage.

Chea996

Nov 4, 2017
Milan - Italy
Why? Would be weird of them to alienate a significant proportion of the playerbase, when they can just add it by expanding existing buildings. And it's not fair to make players choose between missing out on significant new content or going through the possibly laborious process of redesigning the whole island.

What is the actual downside to not having a new building for that content? The only one I can think of is upsetting those who want another building for island design purposes. But most of the people who really care about the design of their island are more likely to be hurt by a building being added than vice versa, because they are the ones who have already put in a lot of effort they don't want to undo. And extra landmarks can always be added, for those that want them, by expanding the outdoor items on offer at the nook stop.

I have barely put any effort into the design of my island, so it wouldn't bother me either way at all, but I know that my friends with nice islands wouldn't be happy with the change.
I disagree. I put more than 700hrs into the game, most of which I spent designing my island. Now my island is complete, I'm happy with the result and I don't want to change anything. But if they gave me a new building, I'd be more than happy to erase an area to design around it; especially the Roost, since it's a bar and i would really like to design an actual exterior bar instead of a few tables and a counter with no barman.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what to expect, but even in my island, a half-barren ruin, I consider my island life fulfilled. So any new activity would do me some good.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I only played the DS one before this but I'm really hoping nooks shop gets upgrades. I missed how fancy they got lol

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you love when a meeting gets cancelled at the last minute so you can watch the hottest gaming news LIVE

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
5 min left hype.

I can't wait for this even though I haven't fire the game up in about a year.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Hoping for something substantial to get me back into the game somewhat, but whatever it ends up being I'll be sure to check it out regardless.

Briefly went into the game on my OLED after doing the transfer to check everything went alright and it looked so good on the screen, so that's already making me want to go back and do a makeover of my island or something.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I'd love an upgrade to Nook's Cranny but I know in my heart we won't, Nook 'n' Go was my favourite.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Got the video queued up ready to see what's gonna happen. I've avoided all those dumb "prediction" videos because I'm tired of being let down by high expectations. Just give me the info. I'm ready.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
How does a sleep-deprived Max fighting KH2 Sephiroth have more viewers than the Animal Crossing Direct?

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't have Amiibo. And I don't plan on it. So that part wont matter. But hopefully some of my own villagers will just wander in.

Also, hello Kapp'n. New island types! Wow.