• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the point he made on the fact that some of the women he mentioned thought his messaging was harmless and that message was only seen as bad after the allegations is an interesting one.

A lot of those messages above just look like someone who has zero game and can't flirt at all but if you say that the person sending those messages was a rapist, you think quite differently. Dude is an ass for cheating on his family no doubt, but is he an asshole and deserves to not work again based on those messages that were posted above? I don't think so.

Gotta agree with this. I was looking at the messages looking for some fucked up shit like "Hey i will do such and such but only if you smd" etc....but all I saw was a nerd who trying to flirt but really being bad at it.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
im Sorry but if you don't come out watching this and thinking Andy is the lesser of the two evils, then I don't know what to tell you

Are you trying to quantify the "evil" of a person who constantly sexually harassed - among them underage - fans & coworkers versus the "evil" of a person who possibly falsely accused another person of rape? Because that's weird as hell, my dude. There is no need to pick a"lesser of two evils" here. You can just find both things inexcusable.

Crickey

Banned
Jul 16, 2019
The guy proved his innocence in this video to me and many others if I read reactions on the web. False accusers should be held accountable.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect this video to have receipts like this.

In terms of his relationship with April and her response to his video, it does seem like that whole part of the accusations against him should be revisited, due to the seriousness of the accusations on the lasting effects they would have on his life and the life of people close to him. Just in the way you'd hope that people take the accusations seriously in the first place, it doesn't seem right to ignore new evidence that sheds light on a situation.
We already know for a fact he harassed other women, women have provided evidence of this already. This is not in question.

The guy proved his innocence in this video to me and many others if I read reactions on the web. False accusers should be held accountable.
Innocent implies he did nothing wrong. Which we know isn't the case. I think EVERYONE in this thread can agree his many many other instances of harassing women was more than enough reason for him to lose his job, yes?

It's possible to admit both are awful people.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Innocent implies he did nothing wrong.Which we know isn't the case.

As per the receipts he showed us, it does look he did nothing wrong in this specific case where he was accused of rape. In this video that is the thing he is refuting. He has admitted he was wrong in his behavior towards fans and others and cheating on his wife and all that. Here he is specifically addressing the rape accusation made by April and as far as that is concerned, yes, it does look like he did nothing wrong. Rather, it looks she maliciously planned the whole thing and falsely accused him of rape.

What she did here is very, very wrong. Not just falsely accusing someone of a heinous crime like rape. But checking out all the comments on these videos and we have folks saying things like 'women make these stories up all the time' etc. and this kind of thing makes it all that harder to make real accusations stick. There should be repercussions for what she did. The way she handwaved away what she did is disgusting. At least he is acknowledging what he did and apologizing for being a crappy, terrible person.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
His accuser basically says, "Yes, I knew this would come out. I'm moving on and I am not going to talk about it anymore."

Another reason why outrage should wait until all the facts in a particular case are out in the open. It doesn't excuse his other alleged behavior, but that woman needs to be held accountable for what she did.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Accusations are not proof and it's abhorrent that some people think so.

I see some people in the thread justifying what she did. Shame on y'all, you know who you are.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Another reason why outrage should wait until all the facts in a particular case are out in the open. It doesn't excuse his other alleged behavior, but that woman needs to be held accountable for what she did.
The problem is and i know a lot of people hate this saying (including me) especially here (even though there are quite a few people on this forum who do the same thing) is outrage culture. Everytime accusations towards someone hits you'll see a large portion of the thread immediately condemning the person without any proof. The burdon of proof used to be on the accuser but now it doesn't even matter if the accused has proof to say otherwise.

The damage is done.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Both scumbags here. She needs to be tried in a court of law.

And he's a creep that was deservedly fired.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
you dont sound like you're ready to move on

ERA knows their truth.

Creep = Rapist.

Anyone who disagrees is ok with Andy's otherwise extremely inappropriate behavior.

Let's conflate the behavior with an individual who lacks any bit of confidence in himself therefore had to use his position of power as leverage to seek sexual favors from women.

To someone who just forces himself on a woman and takes her against her will, therefore doing just about one of the worst things you can absolutely do to a person. Seeing one as much worse than the other doesn't mean we all for abuse of power and forcing yourself on people through DMs that can be tossed out the window. Rape takes any bit of power or agency away from an individual. People seem to have made their minds up that it's ok to toss around these accusations even when they have been refuted with solid evidence. JTE really isn't acting like the boyfriend of a rape victim and she thinks her truth is the truth which is kind of scary in itself.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I have never watched a single video by this guy before, but I watched the one above. The guy has piles of evidence that the majority of serious allegations against him are false. Internet mobs are fucked up, and its just as fucked up when people aren't willing to examine when they could've been wrong. This thread alone is an example of that. The guy may be a disgusting creep(and he admits as much) but he doesn't seem to be a rapist.
Cheating on his wife multiple times and threatening to fire coworkers over it aren't serious allegations? Cause those allegations turned out to be true.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Assuming this all checks out, seems like it does, this is one big fucked up situation. Andy is definitely a shithead for cheating on his wife, and creepy with those texts, and kind of predatory with the whole flirt, then "oh hope I didn't weird you out" routine. That shit is creepy, and disgusting. And he deserved to be fired for interacting with his fans like that.

April did a lot of damage to his career and personal life with these allegations, and in some cases, what seem like flat out lies. She's tarnished her own credibility, and her response, and rationale for the whole thing is severely fucked. She's damaged the intent of the movement with false claims, and disrespected actual victims of the crimes she reported happened to her. It's disgusting.

Like I said. It's all fucked.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
I watched the whole video and I feel like I missed something. What was her motive to go to such an extreme?

Things like this really make me start to question whether we should have defamation laws or not. I mean 1st Amendment should protect against it. But she supposedly made up lies and it destroyed his life (deserved or not) and the repercussions were felt by people in his family not to mention the Screenjunkies channel. That channel was slightly tainted and now very tainted for firing someone for the wrong reason (rape). I am not saying he shouldn't have been fired for coming onto his fans
And of course arguably the worse thing is this is a step backwards for the #metoo movement. It will now be used to enable people to _not_ trust accusations which is the exact opposite purpose of the movement.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I watched the whole video and I feel like I missed something. What was her motive to go to such an extreme?

Things like this really make me start to question whether we should have defamation laws or not. I mean 1st Amendment should protect against it. But she supposedly made up lies and it destroyed his life (deserved or not) and the repercussions were felt by people in his family not to mention the Screenjunkies channel. That channel was slightly tainted and now very tainted for firing someone for the wrong reason (rape). I am not saying he shouldn't have been fired for coming onto his fans
And of course arguably the worse thing is this is a step backwards for the #metoo movement. It will now be used to enable people to _not_ trust accusations which is the exact opposite purpose of the movement.
There is clearly something we are missing from her side. Judging from the emails, she out of nowhere accused him of sexual assault and harrasment and according to him they didnt have any real contact.

It's almost like she planned this to get him fired long before the metoo movement. The question is why

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
There is clearly something we missing from her side. Judging from the emails, she out of nowhere accused him of sexual assault and harrasment and according to him they didnt have any real contact.

It's almost like she planned this to get him fired long before the metoo movement. The question is why
It would be insane if the timing of the MeToo movement coincided with her plan to get him fired and make her moves. It's fucking with my head just thinking about it. At the same time, she could have had this in the works for a while and if you're asking why I think the only answer here is that she was an awful person looking for an easy come up.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Gotta agree with this. I was looking at the messages looking for some fucked up shit like "Hey i will do such and such but only if you smd" etc....but all I saw was a nerd who trying to flirt but really being bad at it.
Posts like this are wild next to all of the dudes claiming "she could have just stuck to the harassment stuff and that would have been enough to get him fired"

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cheating on his wife multiple times and threatening to fire coworkers over it aren't serious allegations? Cause those allegations turned out to be true.
Cheating is terrible but it isn't an "allegation". Anyway I was referring to the rape accusation. The guy is clearly a scumbag who doesn't need to be an influencer but he doesn't seem to be an actual rapist, which is all I was saying.

Apr 14, 2018
I don't even know who this guy is, but wow. This is beyond fucked.

Absolutely disgusting woman for what she did and her subsequent nonchalant response, basically ending it with, "thanks for all the likes and follows ❤️"

They both appear to be assholes, but she who makes false rape accusations is the biggest one, no fucking contest. Period.

Apr 14, 2018
It really shines a light on some posters, for sure. Some people are fucking wackos, and there are way more of them here than I thought
Like the signal to noise ratio is beyond fucked

Yeah, it's really something to behold. The fact that this thread, featuring a video full of actual evidence that a narcissistic woman made false rape accusation for attention, can't stay on the front page for more than 15 minutes while so many accusation threads sans evidence go for 50+ pages is also telling.

We need to be better than this, guys.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
User banned (permanent): attacking the community with inflammatory generalizations and misrepresentations, long history of hostility and aggressive posting, and recently came back from a long ban.
I watched the whole video without having any prior knowledge of this Andy Signore individual and the accusations that were directed towards him. Yes, he's a scumbag for cheating on his wife and an all-round creep with those flirtatious messages he sent to fans, but this April woman is on a whole other level. She falsely accused him of rape in a deliberate attempt to ruin his life, allegations that undermine and trivialise real abuse victims, and that makes her a sociopathic, vile shit stain of a 'human being'. I hope he pursues a defamation lawsuit or something and she gets her deserved comeuppance, because she really should not be allowed to get away with this.

Internet mobs are a scary thing yo. That's why, without the facts, I make it a rule not to engage or indulge in them. Even with the wealth of proof this Andy person has to defend himself in the video, you still have people in this thread happy to outright disregard it.

I really hate how stupid this forum has become with stuff like this. Posts like yours are in the minority whereas mostly its just the most ignorant hot takes imaginable where as long as the guy has done one thing a poster finds objectionable, that means he clearly probably also raped or that he somehow deserved to be falsely accused.

It's fucked up tribalism at its purest.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
People defending that woman are trash she is as bad as the creepy guy.

That woman should be in jail.

Last edited:

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
She ruined his life. Pretty disgusting. I don't understand why he couldn't show his side earlier though? I understand he said it was a legal issue but he really couldn't show his side of the story (with evidence) while he is getting destroyed and fired? Doesn't seem right.

Firaga

Oct 29, 2017
User banned (1 week): Attacking the community with inflammatory generalizations and misrepresentations
I really hate how stupid this forum has become with stuff like this. Posts like yours are in the minority whereas mostly its just the most ignorant hot takes imaginable where as long as the guy has done one thing a poster finds objectionable, that means he clearly probably also raped or that he somehow deserved to be falsely accused.

I agree wholeheartedly. This forum is getting worse.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

Point to one single person in this entire thread who said he deserves to be raped or falsely accused.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Point to one single person in this entire thread who said he deserves to be raped or falsely accused.

RedMercury said this:

Had he not been a creep to multiple women none of this would have happened, this isn't some "mob justice" thing, he did something objectively wrong.

That reads to me like he is ok with false accusations of rape because of poor behaviour.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Big yikes, what April did is pretty harmful to other women who suffered from the real rape.
Andy is still trash though.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She ruined his life. Pretty disgusting. I don't understand why he couldn't show his side earlier though? I understand he said it was a legal issue but he really couldn't show his side of the story (with evidence) while he is getting destroyed and fired? Doesn't seem right.
He was going to get fired no matter what. He harassed countless women.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying he would have been fired no matter what. I have not gone too deep into this but if that were the case, how did he get a settlement? Was the settlement with another company? If you fire someone for cause and have proof, do settlements still happen?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
RedMercury said this:

That reads to me like he is ok with false accusations of rape because of poor behaviour.

Does it read like that because it's what the poster is intentionally implying or just what you assume they're saying? Because read plainly, the quote your using basically just says that the writer has no sympathy because the stuff he was doing wrong was enough to warrant his firing and the destruction of his reputation which is NOT by any means saying false accusations are justified.

If your gonna agree with the statement that the hot takes here are people saying false accusations are okay or especially that Signore should be raped, then I want fucking receipts. Show me someone saying that.

As for me personally, the only part I disagree with that quote that he says this "isn't a mob justice thing". I don't know what an audience collectively turning against a public figure for a perceived injustice and getting them punished either directly or indirectly would be called, whether the public figure is innocent or not, if not mob justice. That part of the quote is wrong and I'm not sure what that person is talking about.

Otherwise, he's basically saying that Signore seems to amount to a shitty and potentially dangerous person anyway, so him not being guilty of rape doesn't go meaningfully far enough to make it so that the stuff that happened to him shouldn't have happened. Keep in mind, Signore hasn't gone to jail over this false accusation of rape. He was never even brought up on any legal charges. The only legal proceedings that followed this were Signore trying to sue Defy Media over wrongful termination.

I think saying Signore deserved to lose his job, be labeled a sexual predator, and blacklisted from the entertainment industry for the women he did harass even if he didn't rape April Dawn is a perfectly fine opinion to have and one I am partial to. I think April Dawn falsely accusing him is reprehensible and does damage to the MeToo movement because people will now use her lies as a way of justifying not believing other women. Plus, people should not be accused of crimes that they didn't do as a general rule. But as far as Signore himself is concerned, it's hard to muster up too much sympathy when nothing that happened to him is something that shouldn't have barring the false rape accusation.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Attacking the community with inflammatory generalizations
I agree wholeheartedly. This forum is getting worse.
It's always been this way. Even worse is if you don't agree with the mob or mention "lets wait till we have more details" and you're instantly ostracized and half the forum rules are broken and overlooked as you're attacked. Happened to me in the last thread where I dared to point out someone was spreading literal fake news and I even had facts to back it up. None of that mattered

I love this forum but a huge number of posters are as bad as my crazy mother in law who does the same shit from the right wing perspective. What this lady did is fucked and if what he's saying is in the end is true, I hope shes prosecuted severely and the lawsuits are crippling. She'd be worse than him had he actually done what she accused.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Also, this is tangential, but I decided to browse his twitter and only a couple tweets down, he's retweeting support for Vic Mignognia's GFM legal suit.

In case you didn't know, Vic Mignognia is MOST DEFINITELY a sexual predator, with numerous accusations and having had a reputation for it for several decades.

So if you wanted to know where his energies are going now that he successfully argued himself out of a rape allegation, it's apparently towards other MeToo targets, seemingly regardless of whether they themselves are proven sexual harassers.

Yeah, I feel preeeeetty comfortable being okay with his life and reputation being ruined. Again, not because anyone deserves to be falsely accused, but because the other stuff he is accused of pans out and as far as I can tell, his shitbag tendencies seem to still be there.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Attacking the community with bad faith generalisations and misrepresentations. History of severe infractions.
ERA going off the deep end is evident in many of the forum threads. Why do I still do it because I still believe in the goodness of ppl even as a MODERATE. its become a shit show recently yes absolutely.

EDIT: imo neogaf before the split was a good place with solid admin era started off good but its gotten pretty out of control. neogaf now is something else etc I guess it needed to be done etc.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, this is tangential, but I decided to browse his twitter and only a couple tweets down, he's retweeting support for Vic Mignognia's GFM legal suit.

In case you didn't know, Vic Mignognia is MOST DEFINITELY a sexual predator, with numerous accusations and having had a reputation for it for several decades.

So if you wanted to know where his energies are going now that he successfully argued himself out of a rape allegation, it's apparently towards other MeToo targets, seemingly regardless of whether they themselves are proven sexual harassers.

Yeah, I feel preeeeetty comfortable being okay with his life and reputation being ruined. Again, not because anyone deserves to be falsely accused, but because the other stuff he is accused of pans out and as far as I can tell, his shitbag tendencies seem to still be there.
i had no clue who this person is but on the exact issue of the sexual assault by him era doesnt ackowledge the evidence in general. We literally have ppl in this thread saying how do you know hes not done assault otherwise . It is hypocritical as fuck. people seriously need to step back on this as some on this tread have said . While there is a reason metoo happened there is also a reason innocent before proven guilty is a gold standard for humanity.

EDIt: Ive noticed a my way or the highway here which I didnt perceive at gaf before the split . Is gaf good now evidently not but is this good no def not either.

eDIt 2: thought this was about andy. how does vic tie into this? , okay I get it... dude no a person is innocent in general but if you allow leeway to the accuser when the accuser is proven wrong as any normal person you go no this was wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018

His lawyer probably advised him not to. Defy media settled so he won. There's probably an NDA in effect so you won't hear the terms of what he got - or much else about him. But they clearly weren't able to prevent him from speaking out about April dawn.

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
That literally doesn't say what you think it says.

As far as I know, no other woman accused Signore of rape. The poster is basically saying that even if we discount April's account, we have numerous other women talking about AND proving AND him admitting to how he was a creep to them. But no one is saying that he is a rapist other than April, who we all agree is a liar.

So the analogy of the other women telling the truth even if April alone is lying holds while still not condemning Signore as a rapist without proof. The poster your quoting is merely saying that the evidence of misconduct they have from other women is still enough to condemn him as a bad person.

OP
OP
Cantona222

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
That literally doesn't say what you think it says.

As far as I know, no other woman accused Signore of rape. The poster is basically saying that even if we discount April's account, we have numerous other women talking about AND proving AND him admitting to how he was a creep to them. But no one is saying that he is a rapist other than April, who we all agree is a liar.

So the analogy of the other women telling the truth even if April alone is lying holds while still not condemning Signore as a rapist without proof. The poster your quoting is merely saying that the evidence of misconduct they have from other women is still enough to condemn him as a bad person.
Sorry, but you are trying too much to convince yourself otherwise.

How many here in the thread are saying something like: "I don't care about how he is defending himself now. The level of evil I categorised Andy earlier will never go down"? Whomever believes in that means he is fine that Andy is falsly accused of the crime of rape.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but you are trying too much to convince yourself otherwise.

How many here in the thread are saying something like: "I don't care about how he is defending himself now. The level of evil I categorised Andy earlier will never go down"? Whomever believes in that means he is fine that Andy is falsly accused of the crime of rape.
"your trying too hard to explain your point" is an empty argument and your basically trying to win by saying "They say X, but they actually mean Y"

Like I said, if things were to play out again but without the rape accusation in the mix, I'd want everything that happened to Andy here and now to repeat, because he does deserve to lose his job and have his name blacklisted for being a creep and groomer. This doesn't mean the false rape accusation wasn't wrong on April's part, but there are better hills to die on than the one for a guy who was displaying predatory behavior even without taking April's story into the mix. That's where the lack of sympathy is coming from.

Post someone who is legitimately saying that the false rape accusation doesn't matter. I mean someone who actually uses those words, some who would be willing to make an argument from that specific position. Then I might take this assertion seriously.

Oct 27, 2017
Cheating on his wife is obviously a dreadful thing to do, I can imagine how devastated I'd be if my wife cheated on me. He deserves everything he gets there. But he has had his life, career and whatever was left of his reputation destroyed by a quite disgusting campaign of malicious lies. Well done to him for making this video, might save her next victim from getting involved with her in the first place. What kind of person keeps up a campaign of lies like that for so long, it's vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.