• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Did anyone actually watch the "leaked" footage of him? It's like a 4 second clip that is CLEARLY fake.

This guy has been warning people for months to keep their expectations in check or they will ruin the movie for themselves by just being disappointed it isn't the big live action crossover fanfiction they came up with in their heads. But people refuse to listen.

If he did film something for this movie it's probably a small cameo, possibly in a scene where it shows how one of his villains jumped universes.

It is literally one of the worst kept secrets around. His answer is clearly a joke because the leak is literally of his face in the spider-man outfit on a set that's not in either of his own films.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
And yeah I read all the leaked script stuff that is going around for that movie that tells exactly what happens in the movie including Tobey and Andrew in big roles and which are completely confirmed to be true thanks to the last trailer.
Lines from the movie leaked months ago. These same lines were in the trailer we saw a few weeks back. Both Spidey are in and helping Holland.
Wasn't aware of that one personally.

It is literally one of the worst kept secrets around. His answer is clearly a joke because the leak is literally of his face in the spider-man outfit on a set that's not in either of his own films.
tbh even if he is in the movie and him telling fans to keep their expectations in check for a year was a ruse...
That video is still fake. And I stand by saying clearly so.
I'm not the only one here who thinks so either anymore.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Shaggy-wasn%27t-me.jpg
lmao

viral

Oct 25, 2017
#teamreal

The original picture was taken down by Sony from every social media site, pretty much confirming it's real. And even if we assume that the quality in the video was possible with deepfake (which is not the case), there would be literally no reason for anyone to go to the length of replicating the set, getting two high-quality suits, getting someone who has the same face structure/physique/hair as Garfield and deepfaking his face into it when we already know this scene happened.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Shamook the deepfake Youtuber had commented this isn't a deepfake. If anyone would have experience with that, it's them lol

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
His answer is clearly an NDA and is not allowed to say he is in the movie until Disney lawyers say so. Even if there are leaked set photos of him in the movie he is legally obligated to deny everything.

That's why these threads are so tiresome.

Oct 25, 2017
lol look at how fucking weird that clip is. How the arms at the left just look like props being manipulated up and down. Shit's gotta be fake.

See what you are now suggesting is a complete fakery using a full cg body or some other manipulation of the whole body, when deep fake is just a facial replacement, and the rest of the body really wouldn't matter, you wouldn't need a static body image.

That said, it's 100% an unmanipulated video. Like hilariously so. It just looks odd because he's able to lock his arm in that position and keep his poise extremely well because he's in good shape and is an actor with good body control.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's his secret twin brother, the two being accidental separated at birth in the hospital.
Of course, that would mean Disney wasn't willing to pay for the real actor and went for someone with his exact likeness.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
all of the top voted youtube comments on the video in the op are absolutely hilarious

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is going to say it isn't him until the movie comes out. I am pretty sure he proud promised another spider-man movie. Probably him and Hardy Spider-man VS Venom in the Sonyverse.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I understand the instinct to want the big crossover movie because they're doing multiverse shit with the villains. But it's one movie and that movie is going to be Spider-Man and Doctor Strange dealing with threats from other worlds. It can't be everything. Keeping your expectations in check is ALWAYS a good thing and especially a good thing when those involved are repeatedly telling you to keep those expectations in check.
We'll uh… we'll come back to this post in December…

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
It's not him because was in character and therefore it is Peter Parker.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do people expect him to say? It's pretty clear he's in the movie in some capacity and he has an NDA with Sony because they want save the actual reveal, him confirming it might have a negative impact on the marketing plans for the movie.

In reality most people who will end up watching the movie probably don't follow a lot of coverage on it outside of some of the trailers, so trying to kill the discussion it's in Sony's interest in order to make trailers have impact.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
you gotta be on the good shit to think that 8k video isn't real.

its like some of you haven't seen deep fakes and only read scare news pieces. there are literally none of the signs of a deepfake. hey maybe somebody spent the time to create the best deepfake ever to promote a movie to weridos who care about comicbook movie spoilers?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
See what you are now suggesting is a complete fakery using a full cg body or some other manipulation of the whole body, when deep fake is just a facial replacement, and the rest of the body really wouldn't matter, you wouldn't need a static body image.

That said, it's 100% an unmanipulated video. Like hilariously so. It just looks odd because he's able to lock his arm in that position and keep his poise extremely well because he's in good shape and is an actor with good body control.
Stop making sense

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
We'll uh… we'll come back to this post in December…
I'll come for your receipts in a few months.

I think it would legitimately be hilarious if you remember this in a few months, but I've already addressed this:
Other than that, it's no skin off my back to admit if I'm wrong about something and I don't take comic book movies that seriously. lmao

I've also said from the beginning I expect him to have at least some sort of cameo. And I admitted I didn't know about some details like the leaked script that was apparently seen before the recent trailer which had lines in it? I hate to disappoint people but I don't care THAT much about MCU stuff. I just thought that video looked really fake. Not a take worth the 13+ replies I've gotten about it. lmao

But sure, I'll put all my eggs in the basket. If the movie comes out and there's a scene that can be perfectly identified as correlating with this leaked video, I'll... what do people do in these situations? Change my avatar to something?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Out of curiousity, has it come to light yet who could possibly have been strolling around on set, so close to the main actors, in what must have been a relatively clandestine operation given the spoilers involved, whilst recording everything in UHD without being stopped/questioned PLUS seemingly not caring about their future career opportunities enough to post it all online?

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Out of curiousity, has it come to light yet who could possibly have been strolling around on set, so close to the main actors, in what must have been a relatively clandestine operation given the spoilers involved, whilst recording everything in UHD without being stopped/questioned PLUS seemingly not caring about their future career opportunities enough to post it all online?

The assumption would be that this was official on-set photography/raw film footage that was leaked by someone somewhere in the pipeline, not that a rando paparazzi strolled on set

Status
Not open for further replies.