• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Huge credit to Klobrille for compiling the data and providing a visualization. Thanks as always!

EWuohfxXYAAotTA

Pretty damn impressive I'd say. Microsoft seem committed to releasing a steady stream of games for Game Pass Ultimate, both in first party and third party launches, averaging 19 games a month delivered by the service. What I find more striking, however, is the quality of releases. They're not just signing every game from every developer under the sun; there's a degree of curation here, and they seem to be pushing not just many games, but quality ones as well, if OpenCritic metrics are anything to go by. Frankly seeing is believing, and I think the chart speaks for itself. Thoughts on how XGPU has been shaping up in the last quarter?

Oct 28, 2019
This service is insane and could possibly play a huge role in the next generation - if Microsoft markets it right.

I fully suspect they will plaster this all over ("100+ games available to play NOW" with the included Game Pass trial) their Lockhart box.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The past three months I've played Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Bleeding Edge, Age of Wonders Planetfall and Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice.
And my ongoing games on the service are Forza Horizon 4, Age of Empires 2 and Sea of Thieves.

Currently playing Deliver Us The Moon and Gears Tactics.

And that's only €15.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I don't think it's gonna be the game changer people think it is going to be.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This month alone we've had the likes of Nier Automata, Journey to the Savage Planet, Gears Tactics. Games like Streets of Rage 4, Moving Out, Gato Roboto launching day and date on the service. Last month we had Ori, next month the likes of RDR2 and Minecraft Dungeons. It keeps delivering.

What is the zero with slash through it mean? The number 19 stat?
It's used in Germany to represent 'average'. (Klobrille is German).

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza 0 and Ori made this year worth it already. Both got added at the perfect time really and were both excellent, albeit I wish I had an Xbox X to play Ori on instead.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I've been really impressed with Xcloud. I assume that when it leaves beta it will merge into Game pass and that becomes the service. If so - and I can play on a variety of devices, then I am all in on the streaming future.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This service may well push me into getting a Series X, having never purchased any Xbox hardware before.

The value is insane, and I need to see Sony trying to match it to avoid me jumping over.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I *think* there are some different games on xCloud, too?

Might not translate over to full release, but currently there are even more games than above.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The service is incredible. It actually got me thinking - briefly - of how much sense it would make to switch from Sony to Xbox next gen, since I have the service paid until Feb 2022.
I have a sweet PC though, so, I'm sticking with Sony because of exclusives.

Amazing service. Simply amazing. Swamps me.

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
This compilation or the Game Pass?

I can't speak for the others but it has been a game changer for me. I've tried and played more different games than ever thanks to Game Pass and the pricing is just bonkers considering the amount and quality of the games it offers.

Oct 28, 2019
The only people who "think" it's not going to take off are those who don't use it . I get so much value form game pass. It's been winning for me since Mutant year zero. A cool aspect is that if you have friends game pass is an instant library of games you all share . It's amazing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just this week alone, three brand new games got added to the services, day one.

Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics and Moving Out.

Thats £90 worth of day one releases. IN ONE WEEK. This month also got Yakuza Kiwami, Journey to the Savage Planet, Nier Automata and about 10 other games. It's the best thing to come out of this gen hands down.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Since isolation started a month or so ago, all I've been playing are Game Pass games. Its the sub service, accross any media, that I get the most bang for my buck for sure

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
It got me into playing Minecraft for the first time. Then I bought it for the Switch for cross play with my son.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Everything depends on price. It's worth its price tag right now, but I'd they can somehow get it to Xbox live prices, it would just be too much value to pass on.

Heck if they can pack in a couple months free with an Xbox our base that's pretty big.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The value of this service is frankly mind-boggling - particularly when it comes to trying out games you otherwise probably wouldn't go out of your way to try.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Just this week alone, three brand new games got added to the services, day one.

Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics and Moving Out.

Thats £90 worth of day one releases. IN ONE WEEK. This month also got Yakuza Kiwami, Journey to the Savage Planet, Nier Automata and about 10 other games. It's the best thing to come out of this gen hands down.

this!

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass is great if your partner or sibling game as well. Sharing access to the service via a home xbox takes it to another level of good vibes. Builds the base subscriber base over time too I imagine.

Two point hospital is a spiritual successor to theme hospital too. Amazing

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
I think gamepass being streamable would be a much bigger game changer. It's one thing to download 20-40gb on a game you might not like, but being able to have the option to stream it? Zero reason to not at least try it. Add many more older games with that and it's be a much easier sell, like a lot of the tv streaming platforms

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The only people who "think" it's not going to take off are those who don't use it . I get so much value form game pass. It's been winning for me since Mutant year zero. A cool aspect is that if you have friends game pass is an instant library of games you all share . It's amazing.
Wait really? Me and my cousin use the whole "make each other's Xbox was the home console" thing so we share purchased games all the time. He can just download my Gamepass games for free? That changes everything

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think gamepass being streamable would be a much bigger game changer. It's one thing to download 20-40gb on a game you might not like, but being able to have the option to stream it? Zero reason to not at least try it. Add many more older games with that and it's be a much easier sell, like a lot of the tv streaming platforms
They can only change the video game landscape so quickly. I'm sure Xcloud will offer that.

I've streamed off PSNOW and it's a less than ideal experience, I much rather download.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
One of the craziest parts to me is that I've been using it for almost two years now, with only not being subbed for a couple months during this time, and I've never payed full price for this thing. Microsoft offers aggressive deals very often

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Puts all these people that claimed "Game Pass is losing value" to rest hopefully. This service keeps killing it. There were similair stats last year. It really is more of a curated selection than "just get in anything we can".

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Wait really? Me and my cousin use the whole "make each other's Xbox was the home console" thing so we share purchased games all the time. He can just download my Gamepass games for free? That changes everything
Yup. My brother and I recently got 3 years of gamepass ultimate for $80. Buy a bunch of xbox gold then convert it to gamepass ultimate. Even if you buy 3 years of gold (max you can stack), its still only $180 for 3 years, vs $540 for 3 years at normal gamepass ultimate pricing.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I played Nier Automata because of GP, wouldn't be the case otherwise.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last 3 months I've actually remained subbed the whole time as there is always something I want to play. Previously I was only subbing for a month for Gears, Forza.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
On its own? Likely not.

But last year saw big buying urges of S coupled with gamepass even in countries where xbone was a failure.

I think this coupled with Xcloud, Lockhart and an increasingly library alignment on Pc will bring a non irrelevant amount of consumers to the platform. And eventually it might ended exploding in user base.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Two great things for me are getting to play games day one before everyone has moved on.

Also arranging gaming nights with friends, happening a lot more now. We just go through Gamepass and pick from there, make sure everyone has downloaded prior.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
This service is literally the best thing Microsoft has done since Xbox 360.

This stuff is why no company should always trounce the competition, all of the things Microsoft has done to fix the Xbox brand and actually do right by customers has been awesome. Same when Sony was losing in the PS3 gen and really went hard to get their act together for the latter half of PS3 and especially the PS4.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
It's the successor to the old PS+ for me. A nice mix of recent AAA and a shit ton of new and prominent indies every month, which is how PS+ once was. Then PS4 came along and with that the quality dropped, not only on PS+ but the entire PS Store got infested with shovelware and mediocrity like Steam, the old curated store was gone. If it wasn't enough they dropped it down to 2/month on PS+. Each month they announce these measly 2 old ass games everyone already has I feel good for not wasting my money on it anymore. Only downside is PC not getting a 1:1 treatment, was sad when Tekken 7 didn't come.

What's the recent deals on GP Ultimate btw? Need a 1 year sub.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
And I played Nier Automata because of GP, wouldn't be the case otherwise.
True, I would never have dished out money for that game, but when the only thing stopping you from experiencing something new is a download button? Doesn't hurt to try. That game was not for me but glad i didn't spend whatever money to find that out.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

That's coming!

Oct 26, 2017
Because MS is really dodgy about certain numbers that leads me to believe it ain't hittin Like they would want you to think. It's mostly marketing

Like, let's pretend it's marketing, who cares if it's marketing? You are paying for a services and this service provides new, recently released and old games every month.

That's the only thing you should care about, i subbed for PS Now last month and Humble Bundle Choice and i don't care if Sony or Humble are making money out of all the games they sign, because that's their business and not mine.

Oct 28, 2019
Because MS is really dodgy about certain numbers that leads me to believe it ain't hittin Like they would want you to think. It's mostly marketing

Many different publishers seem keen to allow Microsoft to offer their games on the service so surely Microsoft must be giving them something that makes them keen (other than good old benjamins).

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

They have announced this at the last XO2019.

Not sure if it's going to be free but I have a feeling they will pack that into Ultimate (or make it free if you are in a Game Pass sub).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

It's mostly marketing for sure. But step by step Game Pass will become more mainstream. At some point they'll reach a point where it becomes decently profitable. It took Netflix a lot longer than it'll take Microsoft, is my guess.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
how many games left the service in this period?

20 games over the last three months.

• Fallout 3
  • Just Cause 4
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Snake Pass
  • The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
  • Batman: Return to Arkham
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Collection
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
  • The Banner Saga 2