• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where is the fun on this? you are basically cheating the system and no playing the intro at all, no skill involved, just cheesing out the game and removing all the challenge
Completely agree. They just memorize where to jump and which walls to run into. It's not hard, they just have more time on their hands than I do.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Any% was more entertaining before the huge skips were found imo
so many great looking tricks and hilarious moments lost to a friggin' braindead clip strat? it's so boring

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone follow the Bob's Burgers speedrun community? Lots of frame-perfect tricks and memory execution needed.

Real steep learning curve, but when you really get into it,you can easily get sub minute PB's.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember back in the day when the 2.0 release came out with the updated intro with Roger instead of the newspaper there was a rumor you could get a rare Roger!Stan to spawn. My buddies and I spent hours trying to get it to work. Man, we were so stupid back then...

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone follow the Bob's Burgers speedrun community? Lots of frame-perfect tricks and memory execution needed.

Real steep learning curve, but when you really get into it,you can easily get sub minute PB's.
i've been following the B'sB community ever since the KotH runs dried up. really dedicated people, wouldn't have found stuff like Louise storage or Gene wobbles without the hard work they put in

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been following this run since people picked it up and it's crazy how fast people have optimized it

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
None of them are playing the most recent version. With the recent update, Roger spawns in the car saying "Good Morning USA Ow" and Stan crashes his car to the flagpole.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
This is stupid, using glitches is cheating. They should run it the way developers intended, not abusing skips.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dying, these are too good and caught me off guard, I love this meme.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...just to be clear, these are fake speedruns right? I don't think a American Dad video game exists.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I will wait for the TAS version. Hopefully the tool won't break/glitch it completely though.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
For reference, the preferred versions of American Dad for speed running are for US Gamecube, US Xbox and Xbox 360. PAL versions don't have a 60Hz option so they run 17% slower. The US PS2 version has a tendency to hardlock when some of the exploits are used - don't try to car skip on the PS2 game.

The PS3 version can get bad framerate dips and slowdown during the intro, which is no bueno. If you've ever seen the DF Retro video on American Dad, you'll know what I'm talking about.

The Wii game is based off the GC version but has a few fixes that make it less friendly to people wanting to glitch run. But there's some interesting stuff being found in that version that could lead to it's own % ranking in the future.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm always impressed by the dedication it takes to learn the inside outs of intros like this. My reflexes and technical knowledge are way too low to even make some of these attempts.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
smh can't believe people aren't aware of one of the most influential licensed games of the past decade. glad to see the speed running community around it grow substantially in recent months, hopefully we'll see a sub-6 seconds before years end

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smh can't believe people aren't aware of one of the most influential licensed games of the past decade. glad to see the speed running community around it grow substantially in recent months, hopefully we'll see a sub-6 seconds before years end
Ohhhhhh ok. Lol

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a "The Cleveland Show" speedruner, I'm really impressed at what the American Dad Community is doing right now.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
My initial thoughts were that there was no way they could've legitimately skipped the car, but that seems to work.