• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those sure are a lot of reflections. Kinda wack-looking for a tech demo.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Big meh from me. I get that they are trying to show off reflections but the ugly sterile art style ruins it for me.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
RT reflections there for sure. I wonder if the shadows are RT, really hard to tell with that 1080p 60 vid feed on yt!

Would love to know the actual GPU this ran on!
lmfao its so ugly. It looks like edgy 90's CGI.

Hah yeah, but it is just there to show off a feature. I won't slight them too much for making it look like this.

Although I wonder why they did not just show off one of the benchmark titles we have. That would be ultra convincing.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
It's like old noughties GPU tech showcases, poor character design and everything. It showed off reflections pretty well I guess.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
And this is the problem with people not understanding the difference between art style and technical achievement.

It's almost like they were trying to show off the reflections or something.

I stated that the reflections were impressive didn't I? I completely understand the purpose of this video. Doesn't make it look less shitty though.

Last edited:

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
And this is the problem with people not understanding the difference between art style and technical achievement.
I mean, I find the tech impressive. Don't confuse my criticisms about the demo with not understanding the tech, but NVidia made a much more attractive demo that showed off reflections as well. I'm just saying that its not a atheistically pleasing demo to watch (and I know Microsoft can do them, like the Xbox One X demo Insects that showed off 4K, HDR, and spatial audio).

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a weird way I love how bad it looks? Like the ray tracing tech is cool, but it's like someone threw a budget at 90s graphics card box art and I love it.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Ray tracing is still my favorite thing about both consoles. I reckon next gen will satiate me just fine😁😁😁

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure that is technically impressive, but aesthetically it didn't look that great lol.

Smashed_Hulk

Jun 16, 2018
technically, it's impressive with all the reflections and what not.

aesthetically, it looks like we were warmed into a caprisun factory. definitely needs better art design here. lol

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I find the tech impressive. Don't confuse my criticisms about the demo with not understanding the tech, but NVidia made a much more attractive demo that showed off reflections as well. I'm just saying that its not a atheistically pleasing demo to watch (and I know Microsoft can do them, like the Xbox One X demo Insects that showed off 4K, HDR, and spatial audio).

Yeah, that art style is trash for sure lol.