• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
using police history as a guide, she'll dodge the murder rap, get hired in another police department in another city and then everyone will raise eyebrows when she does something that's equally contemptible

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White people need to start being held accountable HOLY FUCK

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the fact that she's been fired mean that she's pretty much not under that "blue wall of silence" anymore? If so, she's fucked, and hopefully this means she's going to be locked up for many, many years.

Maybe this is the start of some justice for that poor guy and his family.

This was my first thought, hopefully that's what happens.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those unfamiliar, it basically means that whatever charges are filed against her will be against her and she won't have the department defending her. It also opens up the possibility for the jurisdiction to proceed with any civil charges in addition to the criminal ones.

Aug 1, 2018
Does this mean she won't have the blue wall protecting her any longer?

Police unions lobby to get shitty cops back on the beat

There are, of course, police officers who are fired for egregious misbehavior by commanding officers who decide that a given abuse makes them unfit for a badge and gun. Yet all over the U.S., police unions help many of those cops to get their jobs back, often via secretive appeals geared to protect labor rights rather than public safety. Cops deemed unqualified by their own bosses are put back on the streets. Their colleagues get the message that police all but impervious to termination.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...nions-keep-abusive-cops-on-the-street/383258/

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's worse, that a "blue wall" even exists or that they never would have abandoned a male police officer like this.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
For the record, the reason it took so long is almost assuredly because police unions make dismissals like this as difficult/thorough as possible

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
White people need to start being held accountable HOLY FUCK

I mean this is the first step to holding her accountable. It's not like this is the only thing that is gonna happen to her, it just means that after investigating it themselves the police aren't standing behind her.

Which means she's screwed because the police will be siding with the prosecutors.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean this is the first step to holding her accountable. It's not like this is the only thing that is gonna happen to her, it just means that after investigating it themselves the police aren't standing behind her.

Which means she's screwed because the police will be siding with the prosecutors.
Ill wait until everything pans out to change my statement

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now toss her ass in prison where she belongs.

At least it's not paid leave or some bullshit that was completely expected. She absolutely cannot get away from MURDERING SOMEBODY IN THEIR OWN HOME.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this means she won't have the police union to legally protect her any more.

Also, fuck police unions.

Usually the police union lawyer will represent them at the criminal trial as well. Considering she was in uniform at the time of her shooting and her apparent defense, I don't see the union not handling her representation unless she wants someone herself. The appeal of this termination will be abated until after the criminal trial.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
just have to say, i clicked on her name on my twitter trending cause i was like why does that name sound familiar. Going through the "top tweets" for her news, i am impressed almost all the tweets/articles show her mugshot and him in a suit in tie.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
convict her of murder please and sentence her to life without parole.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
someone was fired from my office 2 weeks ago for being late too often (6 times in last 30 days).

This person was fired (and just fired, nothing else) for KILLING someone in cold blood?

....what.

What's the next step of escalation?

Being sued for blowing up a neighbourhood?

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Well a white male... that black police officer that shot that Australian lady got thrown under the bus that day
It's something the "good ones" and White Women fail to see, don't understand or are in denial about. The Boys Club ain't accepting new members. Oh, it's alright if you work in the club, FOR the club, but that's about it.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Wake me up when she actually gets convicted.

People still have too much trouble convicting uniformed monsters as is.