• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've read that it won't, but I really want the show to open with the prologue.

I read on the subreddit for wot a guess at episode one and while i wanted it to start with the prologue too it won't make any sense who these characters are and what's going on. better to do it later.

the summary starts with a battle near Ghealdan with Logain. You get an early battle to keep people interested and you can have some knowledge dropped when fain comes to the village to spread rumors about the battle.

Oct 27, 2017
I read on the subreddit for wot a guess at episode one and while i wanted it to start with the prologue too it won't make any sense who these characters are and what's going on. better to do it later.

the summary starts with a battle near Ghealdan with Logain. You get an early battle to keep people interested and you can have some knowledge dropped when fain comes to the village to spread rumors about the battle.

True, I was thinking of it like the GoT opening scene, but I guess it would be hard to link the prologue back to the main storyline for a while. I just wonder how they'll introduce the concept of the Dragon and make it as important as it needs to be without the prologue.

I wonder if they're going to present Logain as the real Dragon at first until he's gentled.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
True, I was thinking of it like the GoT opening scene, but I guess it would be hard to link the prologue back to the main storyline for a while. I just wonder how they'll introduce the concept of the Dragon and make it as important as it needs to be without the prologue.

I wonder if they're going to present Logain as the real Dragon at first until he's gentled.

If the prologue isn't in the opening I would want it at some other point.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The prologue is great in the books, I'm not sure it would translate on TV. It's a lot of weird shit that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and won't for a long time. You got people dropping all kinds of name and places and shit that no one will need to know anytime soon. And then the two characters you introduce in the first scene disappear for.....like a long long time.

A simple scene of someone telling a story about how the Dragon broke the world and will be reborn again when the dark one is loosed is probably just as good at explaining what's needed for a few episodes.

Oct 27, 2017
Has Min been cast yet?

Yep

tv-casting-square-Min.png.1fcbe0b89604983c78b04a96164a4733.png

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I think the prologue would work great as an intro to the second season actually - by then the audience is invested in the stories and characters, and given the revelations at the end of the first book and the drama at the beginning of the second, it'd be a good place for it, and a good way to get people even more invested in continuing the series.

...but I wouldn't be surprised if they held it until a later season as a flashback, possibly while someone tells the story of what happened.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I think the prologue would work great as an intro to the second season actually - by then the audience is invested in the stories and characters, and given the revelations at the end of the first book and the drama at the beginning of the second, it'd be a good place for it, and a good way to get people even more invested in continuing the series.

...but I wouldn't be surprised if they held it until a later season as a flashback, possibly while someone tells the story of what happened.

The prologue would make a great season capper.

Rand comes into his own at the same time as we see just how fucked Lews was by the end.

I REALLY hope the writers don't cleave to the text TOO much when it comes to certain things.

Expanding Lews Therin's wife, AOL analogues for Perrin and Mat, etc are all narratively useful shorthand that would enhance a tv series, but may not have value to the books.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Daniel Henney (Lan) is teasing something for WoT Wednesday today on his Insta stories

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Daniel Henney (Lan) is teasing something for WoT Wednesday today on his Insta stories

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

They've changed their Twitter handle to TheWheelofTime instead of WOTonPrime.

https://winteriscoming.net/2021/04/27/the-wheel-of-time-changes-social-media-handle-good-sign-fans/

Cautious sqeeeeeee.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
deadline.com

Czech Republic Touts Production Return: ‘Wheel Of Time’, ‘Carnival Row’, ‘Dangerous Liaisons’, ‘The Gray Man’ Among Host Of Shoots

The Czech Film Fund says that filming volume is about to reach back to record-breaking 2019 levels despite the pandemic.

In addition, work continues on the two biggest projects ever shot in Czech Republic: The Wheel of Time (Amazon, Sony) with Rosamunde Pike, which is finishing up shooting on the first series, with the second series to follow immediately afterwards,

Season 2 will shoot immediately after season 1 is done shooting

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

Czech Republic Touts Production Return: ‘Wheel Of Time’, ‘Carnival Row’, ‘Dangerous Liaisons’, ‘The Gray Man’ Among Host Of Shoots

The Czech Film Fund says that filming volume is about to reach back to record-breaking 2019 levels despite the pandemic.

Season 2 will shoot immediately after season 1 is done shooting
Wow, I didn't realize they weren't done with season 1 yet. We probably aren't getting the show until 2022.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah according to leaks they had shot roughly 90% before they had to stop for the last lockdown. So season 1 is really far along, and Rafe said they had been working on post production from home while they waited.

I'd guess it's possible to see season 1 near the end of this year, but it could be later.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They just need to release an actual trailer, these little snippets don't show enough context and some of it looks a bit off (Moiraine's dress, weird teddy trolloc in the background).

I know this clip wasn't meant to be released but still.

Party of me wonders if this clip hadn't finished post production and hence the reason they trimmed it to her face in the first teaser.

Would explain why they quickly took pulled out video down.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Some of his answers are going to frighten people. Sounds like we're only going to get 4/5 cities from book 1. He seems really passionate about the project and having Sanderson, Harriet and whoever this Sarah are, I'm really looking forward to the show.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
That episode title for 201 makes me think... Mat sort of left to his own devices after being healed, with everyone else in other places? It would be different from the chapter order but would make a lot of sense as a season premiere.

Xairi

Oct 28, 2020
Rafe Q&A transcribed
https://www.wotseries.com/2021/05/20/breaking-season-1-wrapped-season-2-greenlit-rafe-qa/

Q: What's the average running time of each episode?

A: Amazon is great because each ep doesn't have to hit an exact time like you do in network TV. And these eps are epic, so we are clocking in between 50-65 minutes each

Q: Congratulations on S1 wrap!! Blink twice if a trailer is coming soon…..

A: 😳

Q: Do EF5 actors perform stunts on their own or do they have stunt doubles?

A: Everyone on the show has a stunt double, but most of our actors are really amazing with the physical stuff and doing their own stunts. I'm the only on who's always falling.

Q: How are you feeling having wrapped S1?

A: To be totally honest, it hasn't fully hit me yet. There's still so much to be done to get the show ready to air and get S2 shooting, taht while I was drinking my celebratory champagne on set after the last shot Tuesday, someone grabbed me to tackle three new problems that had come up and I had to leave ha

Q: What character that didn't appear in S1 & does appear in S2 are you most excited about?

A: Starts with an EL

Q: Do you have the plot of all the seasons roughly mapped out?

A: Yea, between Season One and Two we made a rough map of how the series could break down into seasons. It can always change obviously, but important to know where we are going and how we are getting there so we build it right if @amazonprimevideo keeps us around for the long haul 🙂

Q: Will we see the actual weaves or just the end result of channeling?

A: You're gonna see it if you're a woman who can channel

Q: Most difficult part of creating TWOT during a global pandemic.

A: The human aspect. We've built a family here in Prague with cast and crew and keeping everyone safe has been top priority. Everyon's ability to adapt and meet the stresses of a time like this has been amazing to watch.

Q: How far should we get in the books if we don't want Season 1 to spoil things for us?

A: This question is so cleverly worded to trick me that I have to respond to it out of sheer respect

Q: How are you balancing the numerous POVs in the book vs focusing on Rand?

A: As I've always said, we are adapting the whole series not just Eye of the World, and I really think this is an ensemble series, so the first season is as well

Q: Will we see forsaken in season 1 (wotseries question)

A: Some people see forsaken everywhere

Q: Will we see Narg?

A: Yep

Q: Did any of the actors end up becoming fans of the book series after getting cast?

A: I'm not going to spoil who, but two of the core cast are in read off right now, and I think one of them may have finished the series

Q: How many "brands" or trollocs did you create for the show?

A: We leaned into the books and tried to have the trollocs have as much individual character as possible. My favorite is the one we call Betty

Q: Will S2 take us to a lot of new locations? How big can the world get?

A: Best thing about Wheel of Time is the world keeps getting bigger and deeper. And we've gotta deliver on that in the show

Q: Please ask Amazon Prime if they'd do a sweepstakes for a fan to be an extra on the show

A: @amazonprimevideo and @thewheeloftime

Q: Loved the first look at the Trollocs! When are we getting more?

A: Sadly there hasn't been a first look at the Trollocs yet. That was some accidentally leaked raw footage. We work hard to make the show it's always a shame when you guys see stuff outside the way we have it planned. I'll tell you one thing, when I met with directors for S2 who'd seen the pilot, they all had one thing to say – "THOSE TROLLOCS!!!"

(Rafe added: Why does Instagram make the text so skinny. this is driving me crazy)

Q: Excited to progressively spiral downwards into raving madness?

A: It's so funny that you think I'm not already there

Q: Are you planning a book per season or are there adaptations and inclusions from multiple?

A: We have to combine. @madeleine_madden and @joshastradowski would be 45 when we finish otherwise

Q: WIll Lan's cool cloak be featured in the show?

A: I love Lan's cloak in the show. But much like Aes Sedai agelessness, if it's an effect that's going to cost a fortune every time a character is on screen, it's a bad use of our money. Unless you want to see all of S1 in the Winespring Inn. Then you can have color changing cloaks 🙂

Q: Who has been the hardest character to write so far?

A: Perrin is the hardest. His interior monologue in the book is the biggest part of his character, so bringing him out in the show is always something we have to build really consciously. Luckily @marcus_rudda just exudes Perrin every minute so it makes our lives a lot easier

And thank you @sarahnakamura for teaching me about the text slider. Just in time for the last question

Q: Have you started writing S2?

A: Yeah! The awesome S2 writers have been working throughout the year and we already have a bunch of great scripts ready to go.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I cannot wait for this show, but I'm dreading the absolute fucking meltdown the fans of this show are going to have when it comes out.

Discord is already full of people flipping out because Rafe confirmed no Elayne (basically) in season 1, and that they couldn't afford to render the warder cloak in every shot with Lan in it for an entire season.....

People really can't get their head around the adaptation part of this show.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Man I cannot wait for this show, but I'm dreading the absolute fucking meltdown the fans of this show are going to have when it comes out.

Discord is already full of people flipping out because Rafe confirmed no Elayne (basically) in season 1, and that they couldn't afford to render the warder cloak in every shot with Lan in it for an entire season.....

People really can't get their head around the adaptation part of this show.
Yeah... I'll wait to see the cloak but I also will be extremely disappointed if there is nothing special about warder cloaks. They could have used some sort of material that shifts with the light or something.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I'll wait to see the cloak but I also will be extremely disappointed if there is nothing special about warder cloaks. They could have used some sort of material that shifts with the light or something.

It will be like Frodo & Sam's cloak in Two Towers, where it's normal, but then when they're in danger it becomes a perfectly formed rock to hide them.