• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
What is Ghosts again? Wasn't like the same ish time. No way they don't delay one of them out of June.

Edit:yeah totally missed that in op it's the same day, no way

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Maybe TLOU2 will get Ghost's date and Ghost is delayed a month?

I've been saying they won't delay this past the end of that quarter. It was already supposed to come out during the previous quarter already.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I hope is true,Ghost can have a month of delay and polish this time,Part 2 is already done.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Well they obviously aren't releasing on the exact same day as Ghost of Tsushima so if this is true then that is getting moved as well.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I assume any and all dates are provisional until a new announcement is made. There's no real reason to keep that information close to your chest at this point, so I don't think Sony's trying to hide the date.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
don't really care when they release it. they can delay it to June 2021 for all i care. i'm in no rush to play it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This would be a pleasant surprise, but I'm also skeptical of any retailer-based date not being a placeholder.

Having it bump Ghost to give that game additional time to recover from any COVID delays of its' own also seems like a possible solution to the problem - but also a suspiciously clean one.

Personally, I'm still betting they just hold both until the PS5 launch. Leverage the need for a delay, get a head start on exclusives.

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't that unreal when you think about it. The game is done. They need to get it out. The pandemic is changing by the hour and a late June release seems possible. They would have to delay Tsushima a month or so but considering sucker punch is in one of the hardest hit Us cities by COVID I'm sure they'd be grateful for more time

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be silly, they'd probably just release ghosts and move the game that already doesn't have a date unless ghosts was already having issues before covid and needed the time.
True, but also you have to consider is it not only people are expecting tlou2 to release earlier, but also that tlou2 is pretty much done now while ghost of Tsushima should be done by then (and that's before taken into account the effect of covid-19 on development). GoT could use 1-2 months extra in the oven much better than tlou2.

B33

Oct 25, 2017
The Retirement State
This would be a pleasant surprise, but I'm also skeptical of any retailer-based date not being a placeholder.

Having it bump Ghost to give that game additional time to recover from any COVID delays of its' own also seems like a possible solution to the problem - but also a suspiciously clean one.

Personally, I'm still betting they just hold both until the PS5 launch. Leverage the need for a delay, get a head start on exclusives.
They're not delaying either game for PS5. Both are PS4 games and will be released for PS4. You'll be able to play them on PS5 with backwards compatibility.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible. A month is a lot of time. Even a single week is relevant in the pandemic.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably just a placeholder date. I doubt they'd say "indefinitely" if they were only gonna push it back that far. And from what we've seen so far, GoT seems to be coming out as originally planned.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
It isn't that unreal when you think about it. The game is done. They need to get it out. The pandemic is changing by the hour and a late June release seems possible. They would have to delay Tsushima a month or so but considering sucker punch is in one of the hardest hit Us cities by COVID I'm sure they'd be grateful for more time

Not just that...but Amazon is probably the place with more physical pre-orders for this game. I'm sure Sony have been in constant contact with them because of this huge release for them. So them knowing about it now wouldn't be shocking.
Or am i just reaching?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
They're not delaying either game for PS5. Both are PS4 games and will be released for PS4. You'll be able to play them on PS5 with backwards compatibility.
Oh sure, both will be playable on both systems. That's not in question. But if Sony can leverage the public's desire to play these games at their peak possible performance right at the moment of greatest possible hype - why wouldn't they?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It was only a week ago (I know, it has felt like a lot longer at times) that it was announced as being delayed "indefinitely". Not saying it can't be true, but I'm guessing they just went with the next game as a placeholder.

At the very least, Sony are definitely not putting it and Ghost of Tsushima on the same day.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Sure. Just because it was pushed back "indefinitely", that doesn't mean the delay would be months. They just didn't have a date because the situation was so unstable.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a tentative date that Sony is not ready to announce yet, hence the game was pulled from PSN and is still delayed until further notice. The "further" being whenever Sony is sure enough about when they will be able to release it.

I imagine Ghost of Tsushima will need more time as well, so I can see that getting delayed and The Last of Us Part 2 takings its place.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be pretty "drastic" for Sony to even cancel the digital pre orders if the retail release is simply a month later?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense because I don't see Ghost making that date. If the game is done, you give it Ghost's date and give Sucker Punch another month or two to polish. Remember a week or two ago we were also looking at staying home until June or July and now we're seeing states planning on opening back up in some capacity. So saying indefinitely wasn't that crazy at the time.