• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So, am I?

• Yes

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 994 80.1%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 153 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at what you made me do!
fKz6U0Ml.jpg
yuke

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Except it's not an abandoned place.

Yea no don't be trying to pull that bullshit now. You have been arguing this whole time under the impression it was vacant just like everyone else who saw the google maps. Now one person says just the BK (mind you still not the stores in front of the meeting place) is turning into a Wiener schnitzel and you're acting like you knew. And now we have another person saying they aren't open yet so we don't even have confirm on that yet. Regardless the OP was going off what they pulled up and saw.

The funny part is for someone telling others to not judge on places they don't know you would think someone saying that shit wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite and fool when they don't know what the fuck is going on in that area themselves.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No, you're not

Like, i would not want to meet someone i barely know in a abandoned lot. Like, you are just looking out for your own safety.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I mean, I'd rather meet in a public place like Starbucks rather than in the buyer's neighborhood. If you don't feel comfortable meeting somewhere and they won't budge, then call it off. I'd be worried if the person wasn't cool with meeting in a public place.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol is that sarcasm? not in the middle of a crowded Starbucks, no. you won't get robbed at gunpoint. that's the whole point of the seller picking a spot they feel safe in. The buyer coming back with what the OP says happened is off.

I am curious. Does coffee bean repel robbery more effectively than flame broiled beef?

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine meeting anybody for something like this anywhere but the parking lot of a police station.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Yea no don't be trying to pull that bullshit now. You have been arguing this whole time under the impression it was vacant just like everyone else who saw the google maps. Now one person says just the BK (mind you still not the stores in front of the meeting place) is turning into a Wiener schnitzel and you're acting like you knew. And now we have another person saying they aren't open yet so we don't even have confirm on that yet. Regardless the OP was going off what they pulled up and saw.

The funny part is for someone telling others to not judge on places they don't know you would think someone saying that shit wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite and fool when they don't know what the fuck is going on in that area themselves.

The fuck are you talking about? Theres no hypocrites here, so fuck off with that BS. There's been a few people who know the area and know this spot exactly. No one has changed anything they've said.
lol is that sarcasm? not in the middle of a crowded Starbucks, no. you won't get robbed at gunpoint. that's the whole point of the seller picking a spot they feel safe in. The buyer coming back with what the OP says happened is off.
You missed the point. Anyone anywhere could say "What do you think i'm going to rob you?" that's not location specific and shouldn't be the lithmus test if an area is "sketchy" or not.

Fact of the matter is that people are passing judgement on an area without actually being there. I guarantee anyone could go and find a place that looks just like the area the sellers spot and the buyers spot in the OP within 10 minutes tops of wherever they are.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The fuck is this garbage? Whether he's the seller or not is irrelevant. I use to live about 5-10 minutes from there, that area isn't bad at all, it's not glamorous or anything but it's not "sketch" or any other coded language people are using. I love when people say areas they've never been to are "bad", they'd fucking lose their shit if they went to an actual bad neighborhood.

I lived about 5-10 minutes from there, the area isn't as bad as people who know nothing about real bad areas want to say. OP is just scared. You people would shit your pants at a real bad area, sheltered.
Lol I live in SoCal and have been around there and I would not want to sell my expensive MacBook there. Get out of here with your assumptions about others. I grew up in San Bernardino. It's not comparable to truly bad places but I definitely didn't grow up sheltered. You don't know a thing about me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't pretend like you did.

Lakershead22

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I ate at the In n Out on Century while ago and I didn't think it was shady...I live in Lawndale and its very close to Inglewood and I consider Inglewood nicer than Lawndale now

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Lol I live in SoCal and have been around there and I would not want to sell my expensive MacBook there. Get out of here with your assumptions about others. I grew up in San Bernardino. It's not comparable to truly bad places but I definitely didn't grow up sheltered. You don't know a thing about me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't pretend like you did.
That's kind my point there, champ. If people talked bad and said how dangerous SB is without ever being there wouldn't that be some bullshit? I lived in Rialto and Fontana for a bit and it had places like this too but ive heard many people from West inward talking about how bad and dangerous the IE is when you clearly know that ain't true more than any other place.
I didn't pretend to know you but I know if you think this place is so sketchy and dangerous then you're on some bullshit.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
OP, I'm a mailman in this exact neighborhood. It's a perfectly fine neighborhood. Yeah, there's some an MS-13 presence, but I doubt you're doing business with an MS-13 member.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
So Inglewood is great and we're all being punk asses
See this is a stupid post. No one is saying anywhere is perfect.
This is what counts, really. When rappers think the place is no bueno you don't go.
Do you know how old this was? THIS is literally what i'm talking about, this mindset is damaging. But when someone calls that out they're acting tough and are insecure, yall on some big bullshit.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem racist to me. If they're so adamant about meeting somewhere less than a mile from the spot you put forward, that'd feel very sketchy.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Yo yo hold up. I can't tell if your being sarcastic.

I'm being dead serious. I deliver right off of Century blvd/La Brea/Hawthorne blvd. All up in the residential streets surrounding Century, too. It's an awesome neighborhood, actually. Walnut ave in particular is really pretty and has an awesome community.

Ask around for me. They call me "Luigi" because I had a giant mustache when I started in the Inglewood post office.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I think it's always good to reflect on whether our interactions could be influenced by racial bias. OP is definitely not being racist by intent. OP also made the right call in terms of not proceeding with the sale regardless of whether the area is sketchy or not, because sellers should protect themselves by picking a place they feel safe doing business rather than a location they are unfamiliar with.

But I think there is obviously a bit of racial bias influence here because a) the OP asked the question in the first place, which is good but also shows an awareness that maybe it was influenced by racial reasons, b) the racial demographic of the area seemed to have an impact on the decision making.

This isn't a "right" or "wrong" situation imo, but more of one where we can all realize that what we do and how we think is generally impacted by race in some ways regardless of how people want to claim that everything is equal and no one "sees" race anymore. It's simply not true and there are many reasons why.

Edit: Arguing about whether the area in question is actually sketchy or not btw, is irrelevant because I feel if a seller is unfamiliar with a location and uncomfortable with it, there's no obligation on the seller's part to do business there. The same goes with the buyer of course.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I'm being dead serious. I deliver right off of Century blvd/La Brea/Hawthorne blvd. All up in the residential streets surrounding Century, too. It's an awesome neighborhood, actually. Walnut ave in particular is really pretty and has an awesome community.
So is the wienerschnitzel place open or still in construction?

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
See this is a stupid post. No one is saying anywhere is perfect.

Do you know how old this was? THIS is literally what i'm talking about, this mindset is damaging. But when someone calls that out they're acting tough and are insecure, yall on some big bullshit.

Basing their opinion of a place on an old song is kind of dumb.

Overall decision by OP is common sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Inglewood is fine. That area is pretty built up. But there is no reason for the man to jump down your throat for the seller wanting to go to the Starbucks right down the street in that large shopping center.

Deleted member 36543

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
No. I was robbed at gun point before selling my ps3 on Craigslist. Met at a school packing lot at night. Never take chances and always go somewhere inside a busy place or where there are people around.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That's kind my point there, champ. If people talked bad and said how dangerous SB is without ever being there wouldn't that be some bullshit? I lived in Rialto and Fontana for a bit and it had places like this too but ive heard many people from West inward talking about how bad and dangerous the IE is when you clearly know that ain't true more than any other place.
I didn't pretend to know you but I know if you think this place is so sketchy and dangerous then you're on some bullshit.
No if people said that about SB I wouldn't care. It's not a paradise. If someone thought a generally poor area was a bad place to do high value business I would accept that and have the ability to see others points of views

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
San Bernardino has a lot of places truly comparable to bad places. It's a big city, humongous county. It was in top murder rate lists for a while

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I have an ego because I actually know the area vs people who only heard about it through tv or music? Ok champ, anything else to add? Perople like you are the problem.

How can someone be insecure if they are literally saying there's nothing to be scared about? I don't have any insecurities about a place I used to live, you're just slinging shit now. No, Huey is rational and doesn't make rash judgements like saying something is X without ever experiencing it themselves, but go off though.
LOL, you are anything but rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.