• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't they have video packages over the last few weeks about the big NJPW names for the uninitiated. Most of them have had matches against AEW talent, you could give a quick rundown of what they're about in a few minutes.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Apparently WhatCulture thinks Danhausen is a loser in a minute.

Seriously who is a fan of Damhausen who thought that he would win his first match?

Especially when Hookhauseen was coming?

Of course he was going to be squashed. Have you seen that guy who beat him?

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Yo this Dynamite was a lot of fun. I still can't believe I saw Tanahashi & Okada in a AEW ring. My god!!

- Opening promo from Danielson was heartbreaking. I'm sad we won't get ZSJ vs Danielson on Sunday, but I'm intrigued about the mystery partner. Whoever it is, is also joining BCC, so I'm excited

United Empire vs RPG Vice & Orange Cassidy - ****
- Great match and my MOTN. Lots of high paced action and innovative moves. Really enjoyable stuff. The crowd was hot for it too, which also helped. Loved this match.

- This Christian Cage promo was fantastic. I love dickhead Christian. He's so good. Interested to see where Luchasaurus goes too

All-Atlantic Championship Qualifier: Malakai Black vs Penta - ***1/2
- Great match. Slower pace, but still great.
- The match at Forbidden Door will SLAP (Is that what the kids say?)

Hangman Page vs Silas Young - ***
- Fun match. I've seen a few SY matches and enjoyed this one the best. Had a good showing too, probably the biggest opportunity to impress tonight as well
- OKADA!!!!!! God I'm so fucking happy.

- Loved every promo from the women tonight. Jades looking for a new baddie and Statlander & Athena are fantastic together. Also love Willow getting some love

Toni Storm vs Marina Shafir - ***
- Liked this match. Probably Shafir's best so far. I like Marina, but I guess I'm in the minority in that. Solid match and another thing, I like the pairing of Nyla & Shafir. Could be a fun little team

Jon Moxley & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho & Lance Archer - ***
- Another fun match. Just seeing Tanahashi in the ring elevated it for me.
- The ending was the reason I love wrestling. Just stupid chaos

Rating - B+
Good go home show tonight. Nice build up to Forbidden Door

Forbidden Door notes:
- Dudes with Attitude!!! I'm dying over here lol
- Okada vs White vs Cole vs Hangman will be great
- Calling Cesaro for the mystery opponent, but it could be someone we least suspect
- No Naito hurts as he's my favorite in NJPW. Always next year. But I get Hiromu
- Sad no AAA involvement, but I guess old grudges do get in the way of making money

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that whoever debuts Sunday is immediately a BCC member is making me think Bryan is out for a long time.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
both bryan and kenny getting more time to recover 🙏

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

I searched twitter, but couldn't find a gif of the little kids chanting 'shut the fuck up' to Christian. Lol

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Finished Dynamite. That was pretty damn fun.

-Bummed about Danielson, but cool to see ZSJ, and I imagine his match against Claudio will be rad...and seeing Claudio in Blood and Guts should be pretty dope, too. Yes, I'm that confident it's Claudio.

-Fantastic tag opener. Aussie Open are pretty impressive, and I was happy to see OC back. Still side-eyeing Ospreay despite him being really good at the wrassling.

-Sonjay Dutt got new pencils! I'm happy for him. Will they have Joe vacate the title? Bummer if he's legit injured, too.

-Masterclass Christian Cage promo. That was absolutely stellar. Holy hell. Christian > Edge exhibit A? LOL

-Bucks and KOR LOL

-Very good match between Hangman and Silas Young of all people. Page doesn't miss, and that was a very good back and forth bout.

-COIN DROP! I was a bit confused with what they were setting up. The four-way should be really, really good.

-Bummer about Velvet being injured now, too. :-/ Baddie search? Okay, then. Also, this ruled:

-Add Willow to this trio! Ngl, I miss Shida and Riho, though.

-Shafir's best match in AEW so far, and a great performance by Storm who ragdolled for her. That corner hip attack is something else. Rosa vs. Storm has lowkey had an effective build. No mics needed. Just let their physical charisma and in-ring skills do the talking.

-Hiromu and Shingo teaming up with Sting? Against the Bucks, Hikuleo, and Phantasmo? That match should be a high-octane spot fest. Please protect Sting.

-Caster gonna drop a rap on the Buy In. Hell yeah.

-Rampage looks fun. Andrade vs. Fenix should be a banger. Hope they don't do anything too wild. LOL.

-Okay main, but a little sloppy. Was funny to see Mox and Tana do the Mox and Okada ring rush.
4a976-16382144491291-1920.jpg

The ending to the show was just damn funny to me. Mox and Tana had to stand there for like 2-3 minutes staring at each other. Tana's final mean mug slayed me. LOL So damn awkward. Hope they kill it.

All in all, B+ show. Good Danielson promo despite bad news. Great opener. All-timer Christian Cage heel promo. Coin drop. Some entertaining stuff from KOR, as well as the Baddies and Stat and Athena. And some good wrestling all around.

Opener was match of the night for me, followed by Hangman vs. Silas.

I know some people are down on the Forbidden Door build, but I'm still looking forward to the show itself having multiple bangers. Doing Blood and Guts right after also feels like way too much, but it's summertime, and Tony seems to like going for the throat this time of year if last year is anything to go by.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I still haven't recovered from Christian cutting one of the best promos in AEW history. Can't believe anyone ever doubted this man. Gave Omega a PPV quality match on TV, and now he's cutting promos better than everyone.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Dynamite. That was pretty damn fun.

-Bummed about Danielson, but cool to see ZSJ, and I imagine his match against Claudio will be rad...and seeing Claudio in Blood and Guts should be pretty dope, too. Yes, I'm that confident it's Claudio.

-Fantastic tag opener. Aussie Open are pretty impressive, and I was happy to see OC back. Still side-eyeing Ospreay despite him being really good at the wrassling.

-Sonjay Dutt got new pencils! I'm happy for him. Will they have Joe vacate the title? Bummer if he's legit injured, too.

-Masterclass Christian Cage promo. That was absolutely stellar. Holy hell. Christian > Edge exhibit A? LOL

-Bucks and KOR LOL

-Very good match between Hangman and Silas Young of all people. Page doesn't miss, and that was a very good back and forth bout.

-COIN DROP! I was a bit confused with what they were setting up. The four-way should be really, really good.

-Bummer about Velvet being injured now, too. :-/ Baddie search? Okay, then. Also, this ruled:

-Add Willow to this trio! Ngl, I miss Shida and Riho, though.

-Shafir's best match in AEW so far, and a great performance by Storm who ragdolled for her. That corner hip attack is something else. Rosa vs. Storm has lowkey had an effective build. No mics needed. Just let their physical charisma and in-ring skills do the talking.

-Hiromu and Shingo teaming up with Sting? Against the Bucks, Hikuleo, and Phantasmo? That match should be a high-octane spot fest. Please protect Sting.

-Caster gonna drop a rap on the Buy In. Hell yeah.

-Rampage looks fun. Andrade vs. Fenix should be a banger. Hope they don't do anything too wild. LOL.

-Okay main, but a little sloppy. Was funny to see Mox and Tana do the Mox and Okada ring rush.
4a976-16382144491291-1920.jpg

The ending to the show was just damn funny to me. Mox and Tana had to stand there for like 2-3 minutes staring at each other. Tana's final mean mug slayed me. LOL So damn awkward. Hope they kill it.

All in all, B+ show. Good Danielson promo despite bad news. Great opener. All-timer Christian Cage heel promo. Coin drop. Some entertaining stuff from KOR, as well as the Baddies and Stat and Athena. And some good wrestling all around.

Opener was match of the night for me, followed by Hangman vs. Silas.

I know some people are down on the Forbidden Door build, but I'm still looking forward to the show itself having multiple bangers. Doing Blood and Guts right after also feels like way too much, but it's summertime, and Tony seems to like going for the throat this time of year if last year is anything to go by.

I think Joe is just filming or whatever it is he's doing for the Twisted Metal show. Could be wrong, but I don't think he's really hurt.

Heel Christian with his all about the money screw then kids energy could be the one that turns MJF face.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Guys, it's gonna be Claudio. "The only man I can trust."

www.sportskeeda.com

"He makes everybody better" - Cesaro on 5-time WWE World Champion

WWE SmackDown star Cesaro has praised Daniel Bryan, stating that the former WWE Champion makes everybody he works with better.

"I mean, I've known him forever, almost 15 years – his ability to create momentum is second to none. So it's great to have him around and to me, having the support of somebody like Daniel Bryan, you don't just get it over night."

www.essentiallysports.com

"I Just Think the World of Him"- Daniel Bryan Gushes over Cesaro

WWE superstar Daniel Bryan praises fellow SmackDown superstar Cesaro in an interview with BT Sport, claiming he think the world of him.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I still haven't recovered from Christian cutting one of the best promos in AEW history. Can't believe anyone ever doubted this man. Gave Omega a PPV quality match on TV, and now he's cutting promos better than everyone.

I think Joe is just filming or whatever it is he's doing for the Twisted Metal show. Could be wrong, but I don't think he's really hurt.

Heel Christian with his all about the money screw then kids energy could be the one that turns MJF face.

That Christian promo was absolutely tremendous and has automatically vaulted into my top 5 all-time AEW promos. Up there with some of the Punk/MJF stuff.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I find it funny that Mox vs Tanahashi is probably going to go on last even though it's for an interim championship which is basically a #1 contender that gets to carry the title around and the result seems very obvious. While the IWGP World title match feels like the main event. It's for an actual world title, in addition to having two top AEW stars in the match the NJPW guys involved are both probably better known to casual fans than Tanahashi, and while the AEW guys aren't winning two NJPW guys are in the mix so there isn't a slam dunk result like there is with Tanahashi vs Mox. Don't get me wrong i like those guys and they'll have a great match but I think the 4 way will be better and it feels like the bigger match.

Jan 31, 2018
I hope it's Claudio man. If it's Gresham or someone else... Come on Tony, give me what I want!

Fun Dynamite tonight. Christian cut one of the best promos in AEW history. I guess you can take shots and use insider info without making all about yourself and actually advancing a storyline! What a novel concept.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting on a plane Saturday night to Chicago and the build may be shit.

My most wanted match is ZSJ v Danielson and I'm not gonna get it. Kenny is hurt.

And yet. I am so fucking hype.

Tana v Mox is gonna kill it and I'm here for it

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017

For those who weren't around at the time, moments like this from Okada's American excursion were why we weren't thrilled at the beginning when Okada became the Rainmaker and got his super push. A performance so bad Chikara cancelled his other booking with them that weekend. The other booking was a title match too.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

My most wanted match is ZSJ v Danielson and I'm not gonna get it. Kenny is hurt.

even with all the injuries, this card is unfathomably great.

Forbidden Door 2 is already shaping up to be a can't miss show with Punk/Tanahashi, Bryan/ZSJ and possibly Okada/Omega

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really fun night, 6 man tag was the best and full of insane spots. Tanahashi looked very off and sloppy tonight but I'm excited. Future 24/7 champ okada baby!

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
so yeah Rush debuted. in what can only be described as a gargantuan surprise, Fenix vs Andrade was apparently very good

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
After watching the new Dr Strange movie and having to deal with a mouse problem, I'm sitting here at 2:30 am remembering that on Rampage we get to see Andrade vs Fenix. Holy hell am I ready for that match. Kinda wish it was next week though, Imagine those two with two rings to work with.

Nice!! I hope you have a blast. Your going to see a historic wrestling show.

even with all the injuries, this card is unfathomably great.

Forbidden Door 2 is already shaping up to be a can't miss show with Punk/Tanahashi, Bryan/ZSJ and possibly Okada/Omega

Yeah, I think next year's will definitely top this one and this one looks fantastic. Sunday will be a magical night for us wrestling dorks.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I absolutely loved that Christian promo. It probably went a bit long, but I didn't care as I loved every moment. Now I understand what everyone was going on about when they were hyped for his turn.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The build has been bad and a bunch of stars are mssing, but it's crazy how stacked that Forbidden Door card is regardless

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
That was another hot show that did get me hyped for the weekend. Some thoughts:
  • Awesome super hot crowd this week. They were loud all night long, totally on board with every special guest and they got behind the women too. Love to see it.
  • There was also some fantastic promo work, both in-ring and backstage. Christian cut an all-time great and just reminded everybody why he should be on TV. Stat and Athena had a lot of fun together (plus a Willow shout out! The Babe with the Power is canon!) and Kyle adds so much even when he's not talking.
  • And Tony's drum roll 🤣
  • Intrigued the direction they're taking with Danielson, and from the sound of things he's not going to be out for long. We miss out on one dream match for now, but its something he and Zack can always pick up again later. Of course I am thinking it's Claudio, but a PPV for hardcore fans is the perfect place to debut someone like Claudio. The only issue I ad with this segment is, why not give ZSJ a mic?
  • At the end of the main event, Jon's sweating like crazy but Tanahashi looks dry as a bone. Dude is just that cool.
  • I love that the All-Atlantic 4-way has no faces in it, just a visitor and 3 heels everybody likes anyway.
  • "Remember what happened to Marko?" - What did you do Christian, WHAT DID YOU DO?! 🤯

Amazing.

Amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.