• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I can tell she is a nerd when she is talking about stuff I don't even understand.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Maybe it's because I'm simply not used to politicians having such hobbies but I think as official representative of a government you should be kind of... professional? Don't know if that's the right word for it.

I don't know the right word either, it's probably something like "PR Automaton". "Politician"?

Using such specific terms that can only be understood by people who play the game definitely comes off as trying a little too hard though.

This is one hair away from "fake gamer girl" gatekeeping bullshit.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Maybe it's because I'm simply not used to politicians having such hobbies but I think as official representative of a government you should be kind of... professional? Don't know if that's the right word for it.

Using such specific terms that can only be understood by people who play the game definitely comes off as trying a little too hard though.
Oh really? Does talking about the game you´re playing on your twitter account makes you less professional?

Maybe she uses that terms because she plays the game don´t you think?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
she starts playing lulu, she loses my vote.

There's nothing wrong with Lulu.

Though the fact she hasn't picked up Thresh makes me question if she's willing to make the hard choices to do what's necessary in a crisis of national security and/or a promotional series with a paste-eating autofill ADC.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
There's nothing wrong with Lulu.

Though the fact she hasn't picked up Thresh makes me question if she's willing to make the hard choices to do what's necessary in a crisis of national security and/or a promotional series with a paste-eating autofill ADC.
Thresh is for those who have sold their souls

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
7fsk9IW.gif

Mar 3, 2018
Some people are so obvious in their hate but they still try to hide it by writing long paragraphs which criticize her, just so it seems like they have a valid argument. Save yourself the trouble of typing all these paragraphs and us reading them, and commit to calling her a "fake gamer girl" instead of doing all these word gymnastics.

She's 30 and talking about how she enjoys games. Lmao at saying she's trying too hard. Do some folk think everyone on era or most gamers are 15? People are so transparent when it comes to women talking about this stuff.

I swear, George Bush could write an op-ed about how he used an Atari joystick to control the drones that bombed people in the Middle East since he used to play games as a kid, and certain people wouldn't hate on him as much as they are shitting on AOC.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are so obvious in their hate but they still try to hide it by writing long paragraphs which criticize her, just so it seems like they have a valid argument. Just save yourself the trouble the trouble of typing all these paragraphs and us reading them, and commit to calling her a "fake gamer girl" instead of doing all these word gymnastics.

She's 30 and talking about how she enjoys games. Lmao at saying she's trying too hard. Do you think everyone on era or most gamers are 15? People are so transparent when it comes to women talking about this stuff.

I swear, George Bush could write an op-ed about how he used an Atari joystick to control the drones that bombed people in the Middle East since he used to play games as a kid, and certain people wouldn't hate on him as much as they are shitting on AOC.

Fox News knows she is a threat and has been creating a ton of propaganda against her hoping they can make her the next Hilary Clinton.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

So someone who plays the game can't use terms that can only be understood by people who play the game because they might sound like try-hards?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Thresh is for those who have sold their souls

Listen doggo, sometimes you have to do some dirt to get things done, whether that's reaching across the aisle to secure funding for green energy or flash-lantern pulling in your jungler for a lane-gank while your Ez panic-flashes an extra 600 units away from the fight and accidentally ults the fountain.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh really? Does talking about the game you´re playing on your twitter account makes you less professional?

Maybe she uses that terms because she plays the game don´t you think?

I never implied she didn't. Just that as an elected official everything she says and does is under more scrutiny than a regular person. Comes with the profession.

I simply don't know what to think of this behaviour because I never seen it from someone in her position. Maybe the fact I dislike LoL and mobas in general also plays a bit into it if I'm honest.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Listen doggo, sometimes you have to do some dirt to get things done, whether that's reaching across the aisle to secure funding for green energy or flash-lantern pulling in your jungler for a lane-gank while your Ez panic-flashes an extra 600 units away from the fight and accidentally ults the fountain.
a60sppjnd2d41.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
She's 30 and talking about how she enjoys games. Lmao at saying she's trying too hard. Do some folk think everyone on era or most gamers are 15? People are so transparent when it comes to women talking about this stuff.

Exactly. You never see men who are into games have their love of their hobby questioned this hard. Its gross.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's because she's a woman some people are questioning here. Other factors are probably at play too, but not as much.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
AOC is my age pretty much

and im still a cool gamer, fellow kids

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Implying a 30 year old "fellow kid"ing a demographic where the average user is 25 is having me rolling.

That's a cute exchange tho. Hoping she continues to make some huge waves as she gets more time.

Silver III? She's already better at LoL than she is at politics.

I feel like this is a classic case of not knowing your audience. Because lmao that garbage joke was never gonna fly here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely disgusting. Wanting to play Lulu? if she gets serious with this and starts playing that anti-fun Yordle she's going to tank her chance at president.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I have an older brother that plays League, so I can attest to this.

I used to get mad playing League, but then they released the Magic Arena client and I just managed to completely wear out my capacity for feeling anger at games.

I wish I could say I grew and matured, but nope, my Overton window for raging at video game bullshit just got slammed all the way to one side.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Dark memories of playing Tri Force Heroes online with people that would commit suicide because they wanted to be on top of the totem... It was specially harsh in that game because everyone shared the same health bar, and falling to the abyss would hurt you.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Many millennials weren't even born when the N64 released, and even more grew up with the PS2 generation and would see the N64 as an archaic relic.

I thought the cut off for Millenials was usually 1994? If so, they'd all have been alive.

Though, I'm a Millennial that isn't particularly fond of the N64 and I grew up with it.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017

Yikes
this ain't it
this is no good

critique her job as a representative and her policy if you want...

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why do the elderly hate video games so much still? Some people in those comments saying she should resign and give back her salary because she played a game. I also laughed at that one person who opens up saying their quarantine is losing a business of 10 years over a flu. Just know who impacts their line of thought when they think a global pandemic that has hurt so many people is just a flu.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Silver 3 is serious skill, especially if you have a job and don't have tons of free time to play.