• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The original game set it up for Miles Morales game, which we are getting now. But also set it up for a Venon Sequel.

So, now that Standalone shorter games are on the table, and we had 3 Mini DLC Campaings, the next title is pretty much guarantee to close up a Trilogy with Spider-Man 2, which i would easily bet on a Venon Centric sequel.

But is that all there is to it?

Should they open up these Spider Man games to the Spiderverse logic and just let the Multiverse spider-man lore pour in? No Doubt a Spiderwoman or Spider Gwen game would be huge. I Mean... when was the last Female Super Hero game you played? And Spider-man is a license to print money anyways. But you also have the 2099 Universe all ready to be used as a Playground right there (which was playfully teased in Spiderverse anyways)

So, where would you want it to go?

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda expect spider-gwen standalone game for fall 2021 and then the full blown sequel in 2022

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
2728fbdc9505ac4b5fe59a72ea8dc8638a2dc849_00.gif

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
A game version of Into The Spider-Verse is too cool of an idea to ever happen in real life, but that's where they should take the series.

Just imagine a game in Spider-Verse's style with PS5 graphics... So good. Too good. If the devs hate money, they should never ever make this game.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Right now I just hope that the main trilogy will finish on an adaptation of Superior Spider-Man. A lot of signs in the first game seem to point to that and to be planting the seeds for it, and it could be a really big suprise for people not familiar with the last decade of Spider-Man comics and open up some great opportunities gameplay-wise.

Outside of the trilogy, I wouldn't object to a Spider-Gwen related game in between 2 and 3, similar to what they're doing with Miles.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Spider-Man 2 with Peter & Miles
  • Spider-Gwen
    • Between Spider-Man 2 & 3
  • Spider-Man 3 with Peter, Miles, & Gwen
That's what I'm expecting.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Spiderman 2 where peter Parker finishes his story by facing the Osborne family thus giving the spiderman spot to miles morales for 3 where he teams up with qwen.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Spider-Gwen is obvious, but beyond that I have a few requests:

Prowler. Give me the more heroic Prowler. You mainly play Prowler, but you could also have missions where you pretend to be Spider-Man to help Pete out.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Give me a more comedic spin-off where you play as a street-level villain like Shocker or Beetle or something.

Beyond that, in terms of larger-scale projects, Spider-Man 2099 is obvious, but I'd love a Japanese Spider-Man game, with motorcycle riding, quarry fights, and Leopardon in a re-created 70's Tokyo.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

They're already testing the water with Ratchet and Clank with jumping realities, it would be weird if they didn't build on that.

Spider-Man 2 is gonna have Venom but I'm sure it's gonna be way more than just a Venom game, the miles came is probably gonna lead up to Spider-Man 2 and tease a bunch of stuff too.

It would be awesome if they could make Miles and Gwen as two shorter story games that both tie and lead in to Spider-man 2 and introduce the Spider-Verse.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I love the way they did Peter Parker in the first game so I definitely want a game focused on him (Spider-Man 2) next with Miles involved of course. Then maybe another bridge game after with a new character (Spider Gwen?). I would also like to see a game where Miles has to stop the mutated spider Peter Parker so hopefully thats a chapter in Spider-Man 2

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
  • Spider-Man 2 with Peter & Miles
  • Spider-Gwen
    • Between Spider-Man 2 & 3
  • Spider-Man 3 with Peter, Miles, & Gwen
That's what I'm expecting.
I think they will do spider-gwen first after teasing her in the miles game and use the extra time to make the sequel bigger and better. They will do venom standalone after Spider-Man 2 imo. Also I think Spider-Man 2 in 2022 alongside a price cut for ps5 would be a smart move.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Second game to focus on peter and his fighting of Kingpin and Venom (really focus on the harry and peter enemy). Have miles be somewhere else for this game. Set up Green Goblin for the third game and have miles and Peter team up for that one

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
With all the easter eggs in the first game I would love to see them explore other characters in the same universe , a Marvel Game Universe but I feel Disney would almost certainly throw a monkey wrench into that machine .

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Spider-Gwen. Spider-girl (Araña) /Anya Corazon​

weatsu.jpg

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Think they have Green Goblin/Norman as main antagonist with Eddie Brock as the new beat reporter before he becomes Venom.

Maybe side missions to stop a bloodlusted Morbius from draining up people, helping out Dr Connors in the puzzle scheme before he becomes Lizard, Kraven the Hunter manhunt quests of him tracking you, stopping Chameleon from infiltrating AKA detective mode, Kingpin from prison still making calls in gang zone fights(Or whatever they were called in SM1) etc.

Maybe stopping Punisher in side content too if he is fair play to this license.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
I'd love a symbiote storyline. Maybe have Harry/Venom as the villain of the 2nd one with a teamup against Carnage afterwards.

Either that or Superior Spider-Man, would be cool to see how they use this universe's Otto for that.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Think they have Green Goblin/Norman as main antagonist with Eddie Brock as the new beat reporter before he becomes Venom.

Maybe side missions to stop Morbius from sucking up people, helping out Dr Connors in the puzzle scheme before he becomes Lizard, Kraven the Hunter manhunt quests of him tracking you, stopping Chameleon from infiltrating AKA detective mode, Kingpin from prison still making calls in gang zone fights(Or whatever they were called in SM1) etc.
Eddie Brock does exist in this universe, as he signed the "Good Luck, Peter" card from when Peter left the Daily Bugle.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, seeing the other awnsers in this thread, lots of people are gonna be surprised when they go the Superior route in the third game. There's just too many things in the first game that point to it for it not to happen (not to talk about the obvious influence of the Slott run on many elements of the first one, including the importance of Mr. Negative).

That dosen't mean that they can't also adapt Spider-Verse in the third game though, after all that arc involved Superior in the comics.

Nov 2, 2017
Has Insomniac said anything about this being a trilogy? Otherwise I must be missing the obvious points pointing towards it.

Superior Spider-Man and Agent Venom would be dope spin-offs. Wouldn't mind Scarlet Spider(s) or 2099 either.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly would love to play as Venom at some point, there's a lot of fun to be had there

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I can imagine some sort of multiverse DLC in Spidey 2 linking to something much bigger for the eventual Spidey 3.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Gwen.

It's so simple - you don't have to worry about continuation, cause it's different reality. And make it with Multiverse style graphics. Oh my, I would love that.