• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Who are other POC wrestlers that are currently available and would be good gets for AEW? It's weird that there isn't one POC male singles star in the company.

I'm assuming we'll see more AAA representation at some point in 2020 to help with this, and it's nice to see the diversity in the women's division already, but we're still a far cry from where we should probably be.
Mens is very white (with a little bit of east asian) but Scorpio Sky has had periodic bursts of a singles push. I suspect that is going to completely fade away while the trios belt is getting started (probably the belt SCU should have been first champions for) but he is charismatic, jacked as hell, amazing in the ring, and got The Jericho Push.
But yeah, I hope they expand that a bit more. I get that right now the women's division needs a lot more help but it would be nice to nip "it is all a bunch of white guys" in the bud.

Sidenote: Holy hell Abaddon looks good. I hope she is even half decent in the ring because that is a look (and presumably a character) I want to see more of.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Fan pic from Abadon vs. Shida.
ESrTieKUEAAF6w1.jpg

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
T-Hawk is right there, lol.

Seriously push T-Hawk you cowards.

I'm hoping they give Strong Hearts a push with the expected trios title coming.

I think one of the things that should be highlighted is that the more defined trios like Strong Hearts and SCU should be looked at as having a inherent advantage for being formed units for a long time.

That said, I think Death Triangle make the most sense to give the belts to. Pac and Lucha Bros are high enough tier that they could easily be singles and tag champs respectively, so I think this is the opportunity to recognize the three of them as champions.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm hoping they give Strong Hearts a push with the expected trios title coming.

I think one of the things that should be highlighted is that the more defined trios like Strong Hearts and SCU should be looked at as having a inherent advantage for being formed units for a long time.

That said, I think Death Triangle make the most sense to give the belts to. Pac and Lucha Bros are high enough tier that they could easily be singles and tag champs respectively, so I think this is the opportunity to recognize the three of them as champions.

I like your angle on this and agree with the reasoning. Jurassic Express should be the natural usurpurs after Death Triangle has a run. They're over. They're entertaining. They're likable. They have great matches. They would do really really well.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
If they go with a Triples title, what do y'all think they call it? I'd go with something simple like the Triple Team Chanpionship, then call it Trips for short like everyone already is on here (also to piss off HHH).

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Speaking of POC, Leroy Green may be a bit similar to OC, but he'd fit right in at AEW. Yes, he's on the greener side, but he's got plenty of potential.

Edit: Looks like he might have disappeared off the internet recently so I'm not sure what his status is at all.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I like your angle on this and agree with the reasoning. Jurassic Express should be the natural usurpurs after Death Triangle has a run. They're over. They're entertaining. They're likable. They have great matches. They would do really really well.

I like it as an opportunity to push JE more too, for sure.

Man, I really want a trios tournament to start after Blood and Guts now, culminating at Double or Nothing.

12 teams:
-SCU
-Strong Hearts
-Jurassic Express
-Death Triangle
-The Elite (Young Bucks + Omega?)
-Inner Circle (PnP + Guevara?)
-Nightmare Family (Cody, Dustin, QT?)
-Dark Order (Uno, Grayson, Exalted One?)
-Best Friends + Orange Cassidy
-TH2 + Kip Sabian
-BBB + MJF
-Jobbers (Cutler, Avalon, Nakazawa)

I think it would be a good way to further a lot of other angles too.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Man, I really want a trios tournament to start after Blood and Guts now, culminating at Double or Nothing.

12 teams:
-SCU
-Strong Hearts
-Jurassic Express
-Death Triangle
-TH2 + Kip Sabian
-BBB + MJF

It would be amazing and it's exciting to see them putting the pieces into place. I imagine they will build to a trios tournament that culminates at either Double or Nothing or All Out. Or maybe a random episode of Dynamite to pump up TV ratings. They did that for the original tag titles, but unfortunately, the roll-up ending was a bit of a wet fart despite the SCU/Bucks match being quite good overall.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

12 teams:
-SCU
-Strong Hearts
-Jurassic Express
-Death Triangle
-TH2 + Kip Sabian
-BBB + MJF

I would Like that the Bucks made team with brandon Cutler. It would be more natural because Cutler is with them everywhere.

So yeah, right now the tag/trio division in AEW in unmatched in the West.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I would Like that the Bucks made team with brandon Cutler. It would be more natural because Cutler is with them everywhere.

So yeah, right now the tag/trio division in AEW in unmatched in the West.
I'm for this if the Bucks turn heel and Cutler never ever gets tagged in (maybe they even make him carry a camera at first) and then when he finally does the other Buck immediately blind tags him back out. Like a bizarro Orange Cassidy.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Who are other POC wrestlers that are currently available and would be good gets for AEW? It's weird that there isn't one POC male singles star in the company.

I'm assuming we'll see more AAA representation at some point in 2020 to help with this, and it's nice to see the diversity in the women's division already, but we're still a far cry from where we should probably be.
Not sure of these guys availability but

Myron Reed:

AC Mack:

and The O.J.M.O

would all deserve serious scouting if AEW was looking, they can't just keep teasing Chris Bey and then never sign him anymore now that he's in Impact

(stole all those from the indie spotlight series on r/squaredcircle)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Myron Reed:

AC Mack:

and The O.J.M.O

would all deserve serious scouting if AEW was looking, they can't just keep teasing Chris Bey and then never sign him anymore now that he's in Impact

Gotta CC Cody on these.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Myron Reed:

AC Mack:

and The O.J.M.O

I fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE AC Mack and think he deserves to be signed ASAP (alongside these other two men who are also awesome. I just have a soft spot for Mack cuz he wrestles here in Atlanta all the time and is amazing on the mic)

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

Myron Reed:

AC Mack:

and The O.J.M.O

AC Mack looks athletic as fuck. Might be a good prospect.

CODY!!!!!!

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'd be nabbing Apollo when his contract is up too, one of those guys that they didn't even get right in NXT let alone the main roster.

Totally agree. You can't convince me that a guy that looks like that, has his athletic and wrestling ability, can't get over if used in the right role. To me he seems like one of the very biggest wastes of talent in recent WWE.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
He's really short. He's billed 6'1" but he's more like a 5'9

5'9 isn't really that short. AEW's roster is relatively small so he wouldn't stand out that much for not being tall. I can't imagine why his being 5'9 would be a hindrance, if again, he is booked correctly. Taz is likely even shorter than that and got over as a huge bad ass in ECW.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Myron Reed:

AC Mack:

and The O.J.M.O

All these guys look great to me. I would love some more PoC diversity!

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I really hope AEW gets a non-white world champ sooner rather than years into its existence.

You could make a strong argument for Scorpio Sky, honestly. Dude is talented on the mic and is a hell of an athlete.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
All those dudes above look awesome! Bring 'em and start developing them.

I really how AEW gets a non-white world champ sooner rather than years into its existence.

You could make a strong argument for Scorpio Sky, honestly. Dude is talented on the mic and is a hell of an athlete.

Between his good looks and smooth voice I would really like to see "steal your girl" Scorpio.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope AEW gets a non-white world champ sooner rather than years into its existence.

I mean, the second Women's champion of the company should give you a hint that these guys care about it, i really dont doubt we will get a non-white champion eventually. When? When the chosen one is enough ready to be the face of the company.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think they're overall doing pretty well with representation from their champions. A japanese woman, a Native American transgender woman, a black tag champ, another not quite openly but not hidden bisexual tag champ.

I think more underrepresented diversity in their men's main event scene is a goal but one that isn't going to be an instant thing just like having a stellar women's division isn't going to be done overnight.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Looking at those gifs, I would definitely want AC Mack in AEW. Looks like a bigger guy with presence and obviously incredible agility.

The other two meh.