• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Luther actually cuts a decent promo, he'd be a good match with/against Havoc.

Shame Sonny didn't get it, really want to see him with a win.

Oct 27, 2017
Shidas pretty over but an intro theme with a sudden beginning would really help. The flutes are too slow and quite to facilitate a Pop
Keep the original for a PPV match with high stakes. Use the victory version of her theme song as her new intro. The version that you can hear when she beat Shanna.

AEW music is one of the departments that needs work. Some of the theme songs are really good but most are unmemorable. Then there are the few that make me almost want to mute my TV like the SCU and The Elite song.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Sonny should be the first getting the new title. Young lovable underdog, it writes itself.
Sonny is amazing. I would like it if during a match he gets a fair amount of beating and he just loses it and unleashes on his opponent and totally destroys him. Then have him win and act all surprised like "what happened?" and have him have no recollection of it all. Then I would have Dustin in backstage segments showing him clips of the rage and have him learn to control it and use it to his advantage.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Riho vs. Nakajima was good fun. Those Northern Lights suplexes were beautiful.

Also, Riho is over. If I ever get to see her live, I'm gonna try to start a "Riho's gonna kill you" chant. Because she WILL.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it for AEW Dynamite in Atlanta on February 19th anymore, so I wanted to sell my tickets, preferentially at face value to someone in this thread.

It's 2 tickets, Section 109, Row LL, Seats 12 and 13

Selling them for face value ($206 total)

If interested, PM me for details

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
About to watch Dark but wanted to throw my thoughts on a crazy midcard belt.

Triple Threat Championship. Can only be won and defended in triple threat matches.

side note: we all agree that matches containing more than 3 contenders should be elimination style only right? If not, you're wrong and they should

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it for AEW Dynamite in Atlanta on February 19th anymore, so I wanted to sell my tickets, preferentially at face value to someone in this thread.

This is a real bummer. I know you were looking forward to it as much as I was. Hoping everything is okay, RBH!

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Noooooooo I was so happy to see your reactions 😢

Hope whoever gets them enjoys it as much as you would.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing AEW Dynamite live again tomorrow in Cedar Park. Nowhere near as good of seats as the front row seats up in Dallas, but should still be fun.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Could've easily watched Riho and Nakajima go another 10 mins.

Glad they referenced that Nakajima was the only person to pin Riho in AEW, back at FFTF.

Hope Nakajima is back soon.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Noooooo! Of anyone on ERA, I was looking forward to your live posting from Atlanta the most.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Dude, no! Sorry to hear that. I hope everything is ok.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, Jimmy Havok is much more threatening in leather ring gear and with a joint manipulation submission game. Most I've felt invested in him in AEW so far. Sonny as the babyface in peril was a great opponent too.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely loved Shida's intensity and energy on Dark this week. I hope she keeps the spot where she unties her hair to show she's not messing around anymore in future matches.

Cassandra Golden is a much bigger woman than most of the roster, and that's a good thing. Made some of Shida's offense that much more impressive, namely the falcon arrow. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Golden against a smaller opponent in the future if they have her back.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, Jimmy Havok is much more threatening in leather ring gear and with a joint manipulation submission game. Most I've felt invested in him in AEW so far. Sonny as the babyface in peril was a great opponent too.
This is the most I've liked Havoc after being unimpressed. It's a good, simple direction for him that puts him in a unique spot unfilled at the moment in AEW. Dark as a whole was fantastic I thought. Hope we see more of Golden as well who seemed like a strong prospect who acquitted herself well.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really strong main event on Dark this week. AEW tag team wrestling is so good. Loved Marko Stunt getting ragdolled but also using his size and quickness to his advantage. Grayson and Jungle Boy had really good chemistry. Wouldn't be opposed to seeing them in a singles match on Dynamite.

Luchasaurus looked a bit slow again at the end, though. Feel like fans aren't behind him as much as before. JE are lucky they're a trio and that Jungle Boy and Marko are both super over to soak up the cheers while Luchasaurus keeps recovering and getting back into top shape.

So when are we getting Havok vs. Luther? Will we see a hardcore match on Revolution?

Man, AEW makes me so damn happy to watch wrestling. I say it almost every week, but when even Dark is this fun and good, I have nothing but good vibes and good things to say about what AEW is producing.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I thought Riho match should've gone last since she's the champ and all but can't say DO vs JE wasn't a worthy main event. DO were even getting heat at points :O

Glad to see Grayson upgrade his gear, even if it's only a little, the ragged purple cloth just looked bad. I'd like to see Grayson in some singles matches in future, feel like he's a guy that could go to another level if he wasn't in a team.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
We even got a light "This is awesome" chant during a Dark Order match on this week's show. Uno played the role of the arrogant pest with conviction. Grayson filled the part of the athletic partner. Just a very dynamic duo. Looking forward to seeing what they do in the future.

Oh, and I loved Shida's backbreaker on Cassandra Golden tonight. Looked brutal. Finally, Taz has been a boon on commentary. I wouldn't be opposed to him taking over JR's role eventually.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely loved Shida's intensity and energy on Dark this week. I hope she keeps the spot where she unties her hair to show she's not messing around anymore in future matches.
Hair down Shida is where it is at.

Cassandra Golden didn't look half bad, wouldn't mind her getting a few more matches.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to Riho, but I honestly can't buy that she's doing any damage to her opponents lol.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
The women's division just needs some good on going stories, the talent is there I feel now to begin

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird that Nyla might very well be getting the second official reign over either Shida or Statlander.

I like Nyla but I don't think she's as ready as they are by a good margin.

The women's division needs a legit heel badly. Awesome Kong as been sick and the NC has been canned. The only other is Britt. I think canceling NC pushed from plans forward

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels weird that Nyla might very well be getting the second official reign over either Shida or Statlander.

I like Nyla but I don't think she's as ready as they are by a good margin.
IF they're taking the title off Riho and she will not be around for a while(I have no idea, maybe another overseas commitment)I say have Nyla go crazy and smash Riho through some tables. Then fake injure her, say she can no longer defend and strip her of the belt. Put it up in a three way at Revolution between Statlander/Baker/Shida. I only advise this if Riho will be going away again. Otherwise I'd rather she retain and give it up to Stat or Shida.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Between telling my wife Wednesday is wrestling night and that I'm gonna start playing Dungeons and Dragons with a group of 40-somethings once or twice a month starting this month, I fear the divorce papers.

This is my life right now. BTE on Monday, Dark on Tuesday, Dynamite on Wednesday, Critical Role on Thursday, D&D/board games on Sunday. Except my SO is totally into all of it with me.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Oh God dammit, I'm sorry to hear this RBH. I know you were looking forward to it a ton :(

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If OC wrestles in Atlanta, I can officially say I can now one day die happy with no regrets.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
My prayers have finally been answered: someone actually incorporated judo into their move set! Praise Shida!

After that Shida/Golden match I'm convinced Shida will be their best champ someday. I wasn't convinced based on her stuff pre-AEW, but she's really stepped it up. And more than anyone I think she's now proven that she can make her opponents look great. Everyone who gets into the ring with Jericho ends up looking great. Same with Shida. I don't really see it with Riho. Every Riho match 100% depends on the other person's ability to get themselves over.

Speaking of move sets and Riho, I think it's time to change it up. I know her moves are her moves, but they do nothing for her. She can throw a good forearm and that's about it. It's frustrating, because when she fires up with those forearms it looks great, but you know the next move she does will have no impact. I think it's a problem when everyone does knees now and they look great, but double knees is Riho's finisher and it looks flimsy. All her matches make me sad because I like her in every way except the part that matters most: performing in the ring.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My prayers have finally been answered: someone actually incorporated judo into their move set! Praise Shida!

After that Shida/Golden match I'm convinced Shida will be their best champ someday. I wasn't convinced based on her stuff pre-AEW, but she's really stepped it up. And more than anyone I think she's now proven that she can make her opponents look great. Everyone who gets into the ring with Jericho ends up looking great. Same with Shida. I don't really see it with Riho. Every Riho match 100% depends on the other person's ability to get themselves over.

Speaking of move sets and Riho, I think it's time to change it up. I know her moves are her moves, but they do nothing for her. She can throw a good forearm and that's about it. It's frustrating, because when she fires up with those forearms it looks great, but you know the next move she does will have no impact. I think it's a problem when everyone does knees now and they look great, but double knees is Riho's finisher and it looks flimsy. All her matches make me sad because I like her in every way except the part that matters most: performing in the ring.

You might have to accept being in the minority on this one. Riho is absurdly over, and I think she's responsible for some of the best matches AEW's had with their women's division. Her vs. Emi Sakura was one of my favorites, her vs. Shoko Nakajima was fantastic as well.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
You might have to accept being in the minority on this one. Riho is absurdly over, and I think she's responsible for some of the best matches AEW's had with their women's division. Her vs. Emi Sakura was one of my favorites, her vs. Shoko Nakajima was fantastic as well.
You're probably right. She's definitely over, and I get why. I like her. But those matches are key to my point. Her best matches are her best matches because the people she's in the ring with are already that good. Sakura and Nakajima are not only that good, but they have a prior history with Riho. They're also not much bigger than she is. Watching Shida vs Statlander and then watching Riho vs Statlander is like night and day.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Still have two matches to go, but I really enjoyed Riho/Nakajima and Sonny/Havoc.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
You're probably right. She's definitely over, and I get why. I like her. But those matches are key to my point. Her best matches are her best matches because the people she's in the ring with are already that good. Sakura and Nakajima are not only that good, but they have a prior history with Riho. They're also not much bigger than she is. Watching Shida vs Statlander and then watching Riho vs Statlander is like night and day.

Riho got good matches out of Britt and Nyla. She can make others look good.