• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Good and fun Rampage tonight. The hour flew by

- Ass Boys vs Blackpool Combat Club - ***1/2 - Really fun opener. Yuta is over as hell and I love it! Loved the Reigns spot from Austin; He plays a good goof ball heel.
- Butcher looks great and the squash was fun
- Dustin vs Punk will be great. Dustin always delievers great matches
- Robyn Renegade vs Ruby Soho - *** - Fun match. Ruby looked good here. The last few months on Dark really got rid of the ring rust she had. Like her new finisher too.
- AEW World Championship: Texas Deathmatch - **** - Loved this match. Brutal and bloody and a perfect end to this feud. Loved the finish. Ready for the Punk vs Hangman feud. Cole will rise again in three days lol

Rating - A
Great show. Ready for Battle of the Belts tomorrow. Now for some dinner and I guess Con Air lol

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good and fun Rampage tonight. The hour flew by

- Ass Boys vs Blackpool Combat Club - ***1/2 - Really fun opener. Yuta is over as hell and I love it! Loved the Reigns spot from Austin; He plays a good goof ball heel.
- Butcher looks great and the squash was fun
- Dustin vs Punk will be great. Dustin always delievers great matches
- Robyn Renegade vs Ruby Soho - *** - Fun match. Ruby looked good here. The last few months on Dark really got rid of the ring rust she had. Like her new finisher too.
- AEW World Championship: Texas Deathmatch - **** - Loved this match. Brutal and bloody and a perfect end to this feud. Loved the finish. Ready for the Punk vs Hangman feud. Cole will rise again in three days lol

Rating - A
Great show. Ready for Battle of the Belts tomorrow. Now for some dinner and I guess Con Air lol

Have never seen Con Air for some reason. Ha. Enjoy!

Agreed that tonight's show was really good. Everything served a purpose, and the final two matches had tangible stakes attached. Feel like we sometimes take for granted how great these great shows are because we get them with such regularity.

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
I love Hangman as the fighting champ, honestly. He hasn't been booked perfectly story wise, but he hasn't had anything less than a very good to great match, and his booking vs. Cole in the past week or so has been pitch perfect in making him a much more convincing champ.

I love how over Yuta is, too. Amazing that it only took a matter of weeks, really.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Have never seen Con Air for some reason. Ha. Enjoy!

Agreed that tonight's show was really good. Everything served a purpose, and the final two matches had tangible stakes attached. Feel like we sometimes take for granted how great these great shows are because we get them with such regularity.

Con Air is cheesy fun. I used to watch the VHS copy I had as a kid a lot, but this TV edit took away any excitement I had to re watch it 😞

Completely agree on the second part. I didn't realize how miserable I was watching WWE until AEW came around. Now I could never go back lol (Besides not wanting to support the garbage heap that is WWE obviously)

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Can you believe that there were ever doubters of Hangman, may end up as my second favorite world champ run behind only Kenny "Bi God" Omega

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
BOTB Spoilers

Wow, they couldn't even give Sky one clean title defense win? Sky should've won and ended this feud. Sammy doesn't need the belt yet again.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
BOTB Spoilers

Wow, they couldn't even give Sky one clean title defense win? Sky should've won and ended this feud. Sammy doesn't need the belt yet again.
While I wasn't a scorpio fan this still sucks to see. Feel like the TNT title jumped the shark a while ago and it's been weird booking ever since. Loved miros reign.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
BOTB Spoilers

I'm obviously not Scorpio so I'm not exactly speaking for him, but if I were in his shoes, I'd be *pissed*. Such disrespect for the guy. Appreciate the potential Sammy heel turn since he needs it, but it shouldn't have been at Sky's expense.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fuck, stop tempting me with so many spoiler talk lol

Loved the Deathmatch. The crown spot, *chef kiss*

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously not Scorpio so I'm not exactly speaking for him, but if I were in his shoes, I'd be *pissed*. Such disrespect for the guy. Appreciate the potential Sammy heel turn since he needs it, but it shouldn't have been at Sky's expense.
I truthfully dont see much in Scorpio. Dude has no heat and he's just incredibly boring personality-wise. Maybe they can shift him back to a babyface but I just think the roster just has far better talent

Id like to see Andrade win the title, but Id also love Miro to claim it back and get into hoss fights with guys like Joe and Keith Lee. Im glad they leaned into Sammy Guvara as a heel. I think it'd be nice to see him not be a chickenshit heel but instead actually defend the title and piss off fans by beating a bunch of people. Then Miro becomes the next challenger and he kills him

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

FQW0V71VcAcXHe-

FQWC2vnWQAUb2_J

FQVlVWLXoAEOW5q

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I truthfully dont see much in Scorpio. Dude has no heat and he's just incredibly boring personality-wise. Maybe they can shift him back to a babyface but I just think the roster just has far better talent

Id like to see Andrade win the title, but Id also love Miro to claim it back and get into hoss fights with guys like Joe and Keith Lee. Im glad they leaned into Sammy Guvara as a heel. I think it'd be nice to see him not be a chickenshit heel but instead actually defend the title and piss off fans by beating a bunch of people. Then Miro becomes the next challenger and he kills him
Sky and Page in a baby face tag team is something I've been thinking would work for a while. Page has excellent crowd control and charisma on the mic, Sky has great baby face ring work, I'd love if this is the start of a double turn.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Jonathan Gresham and Dalton Castle wrestling on a major network. It's a good day.

Right? This is the match in tuning in for. Dalton Castle is great. I know he got that shoulder(?) injury that slowed him down. One of my favorite acts in wrestling with the boys. I think my favorite match is Dalton Castle vs Joey Janella at PWG.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
By the way, my claims earlier in the thread about the dude with the forced birth sign getting it taken away was based on secondhand evidence from someone who watched the show. I watched it again and I was mistaken. I apologize for the error.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Finally made it through Rampage, hospital wifi is really not getting along with FITE at the mo so I watched the first half in glorious 240p lol

- Enjoyed the BCC match but kinda expected more from it at the same time.

- Love the Butcher using the Kane powerbomb that Kane used that one time but then was made Kane's secondary finisher for like 10 WWE games lol.

- Ruby gave Robyn Renegade a lot and I actually didn't mind it here this time, maybe because Robyn for me has been one of the better rookies discovered during the pandemic Dark/Elevation era shows. Sign both of the sisters up TK.

- I actually enjoyed Hangman vs Cole here way more than their Revolution match. The last 2-3 weeks Hangman has felt like a star again, his demeanour changed after the belt theft angle, I feel like that brought out more of Hangman's cocky side with the way he'd just shut down Cole straight away or get right in his face, it's kinda more of a heel attitude but I don't think he's turning. I think, owing to their history together, Hangman was maybe too respectful of Cole for a good chunk of the feud and it made him feel like a shrinking violet in a way and that Hangman wouldn't stand a chance against Punk. This cocky, take no shit Hangman does though.

- I can only assume that chair bump that Cole always takes just looks a lot worse than it actually is and if you do the right move the right way then I guess it's more of a clip than a full on bump. Well I hope because it makes me wince every time. I can't say more effort was made here on both guys parts than at Revolution, I think for me is this was a long match on a one hour show, it wasn't coming after four hours of wrestling.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Maybe its too soon to do it but with the Owen coming up, I'm thinking to rehab Cole via the Owen.

We haven't got the NXT Cole yet, he hasn't been pushed as the man like in NXT, hell he may never even feel like the man even if he gets that push in AEW but the way he's been booked so far, a guy that always puts on fun matches but can't beat midcarders without cheating…..I'll just never see this version of Cole as a guy that can genuinely lead the promotion.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ima keep it real and keep my expectations tempered lmaoooo

edit: dope opening tho

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Was this filmed pre or post Rampage? I feel like the crowd might be a bit dead after the battle of the adams

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Heel Sammy is going to be great. Dude has some buttery smooth moves. My hope is that he can win the title and defend it every week or so, ultimately losing to Miro who kills the man, much to everyone's delight.