• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
His Uncharted 2 hype video is among my favorite gaming related video memories. Loved his genuine love and thrill he'd experienced while playing.

Wish I could find it on youtube (searched, no luck).

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent I love when Sessler has a something like his old soap box format. Been a long time too since Rev3 games so this is exciting, thanks for the heads up OP.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Its nice to see him back. I follow him in twitter and recently he has had some hot takes and people didn't like them, mostly political stuff.

I hope none of that appears in any form in this show of his.
I agree but I'm glad he was calling out our government fascist etc. Because at least he is a good person

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
The Sessler covering PS5 will be a nice treat.

Dang it's good to have him back. Dude is awesome. I grew up watching G4/X-Play. Still fun to watch the episodes on YouTube.

I went back and watched a lot of old X-Plays, and HOOOOLLLEEEEEEE SHIT he cannot say a single good word about Nintendo. Almost every episode has some sort of crack against the company. And they aren't exactly PC.

From the review of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop: "All this game is an insult to Nintendo and it's fans. Trust us: we're experts at both."

Then there's the episode where Adam is trying to convince someone that Pokemon sucks. He ends up chasing him into the bathroom where he hides in a stall crying. He screams "It's for children!!!" but the crying doesn't stop. He leaves for a moment and then returns.

..."It's for RETARDED children!"

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and watched a lot of old X-Plays, and HOOOOLLLEEEEEEE SHIT he cannot say a single good word about Nintendo. Almost every episode has some sort of crack against the company. And they aren't exactly PC.

From the review of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop: "All this game is an insult to Nintendo and it's fans. Trust us: we're experts at both."

Then there's the episode where Adam is trying to convince someone that Pokemon sucks. He ends up chasing him into the bathroom where he hides in a stall crying. He screams "It's for children!!!" but the crying doesn't stop. He leaves for a moment and then returns.

It was a different time. The industry was overall very immature at the time and console wars were at their peak.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

Wow really? I never knew he had these views. I saw the show long time ago so I dont remember him being an a hole.

Sucks I guess that he is biased towards Nintendo.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he decided to come back to gaming coverage. I'd love to see him review games again. I wonder what Morgan Webb is up to these days?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great to see Adam back but there was nothing new or interesting in this video. It's not really for us, I guess, but a dry analysis of analytics isn't really interesting for anyone. Show needs a lot of work and I hope it'll get it.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Seems a weird thing, data analysis company for businesses leveraging person's past to do marketing at end users.
Or well, everyone who follows him on social media I suppose.
And/or maybe this kind of thing is just in his blood and he wants to do it.

I guess for us folks this show provides a unique angle; a charmingly garrulous man like Sessler talking about data numbers. He's filtering said numbers through and presenting them from his own mind, and it does the editing stuff and has personality. But it still feels odd combining his old soapbox format with something this spreadsheety. But you know, whatever, why not.

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Used to love this guy and still like him, but man, his opinions with XB1 and PS4 in 2013 were something else. I remember him saying that the price difference between the two wasn't as big as it seems, since you have to buy a year of PS+ to play online, lol (as if you don't have to for Xbox?)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Awesome! He was always genuine and knowledgable. Never followed the consensus opinions. Happy to see him back!

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I remember he made a huge fuss about not getting a debug PS4 and how that would affect his job as a reviewer lol.

Also I remember he had some weird hot take that the PS3 UI was somehow really impossible for anyone to understand, and if you wanted to do something it wasn't logically laid out. Which was just confusing to me.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Remember TechTV? Remember when it was known as "Extended Play"? I miss those days... Remember when Kate was the co-host, and reviews were rather insightful instead of just hot takes?

Yeah, G4 can suck it. They killed my favorite channel and my favorite show.

(Edit: COMCAST killed my favorite channel and my favorite show)

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
x-play-1.jpg

maaaaaan where is Morgan Webb? is she done with the industry? :/

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Rev 3 got me into gaming again after a bit of a hiatus. Love Sessler's reviews and industry commentary.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Wow really? I never knew he had these views. I saw the show long time ago so I dont remember him being an a hole.

Sucks I guess that he is biased towards Nintendo.

I wouldn't go that far. First off, it was probably the writers on the show. Second, X-plays run on TV coincided a weird time for Nintendo.... The GameCube was a bust, the Wii was a success but focused towards casual players at a time when G4 was all about the dudebro games, and the less said about the Wii U, the better. And it didn't help that Nintendo didn't give any facet of a damn about the games media at the time.

OP
OP
Devilgunman

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Another ex-G4 Jessica Chobot also launched her YT channel. But her contents have little to do with gaming so I don't really want to promote it.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
i enjoyed it but i would absolutely avoid the comments or on other sites because apparently people still like calling him a SJW and all other nonsense. As far as i know he was absolutely in the right when it comes to speaking against Misogyny in games in the past and even his comment about gamers being horrible can generally be true as many are outright horrible and toxic.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, literally a $30 lav mic from Amazon would improve this ten fold. Content is key, but quality audio matters 10X more than top notch video.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Sessler back. Reminds me of the G4 days. Please fix the audio tho. It sounds really bad.