• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
How do you even get to the point where you consider sending someone shit like that over something so trivial, nevermind actually doing it?

I saw this video when looking up Reckful since I didn't know him before hearing about his death.

It's the lack of consequence.

This also happened to Alannah Pearce for saying "she liked the game" while streaming it on youtube

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How do these people get to thinking that the voice actor of a fictional character is to blame for things written in the story of a video game? And that the correct course of action to show your displeasure at a story you didn't like is to send threats to said voice actor?

Like... what?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
This game is really bringing out the worst in people.

...or maybe just the worst people? I don't know.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
If you can't make the difference between a fictional character and the actress who portrayed her, and went on to threaten the life of that actress, you have mental issues and you should seek help.
This is an enormous leap.

The simpler explanation is that gamers hate women and will use any excuse to threaten them.

There now we don't have to stigmatize mental health as the cause of bigotry.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Fuckers are not worth as much as a single flying spec of dust, nor will they ever be in their miserable lives.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's sarcasm. He's calling those people abhorrent and cowardly.
Whenever there is something perceived as 'SJW pandering'( including women, PoC, LGBTQ people in media) these hateful people sarcasticly say "how stunning and brave" as a way to mock the liberal creators for 'forcing' diversity. Obviously Neil has been on the receiving end of these comments so he is making fun of these "stunning and brave" people for sending death threats to a voice actress.
knowyourmeme.com

Stunning and Brave | Counter-Signal Memes

See more 'Counter-Signal Memes' images on Know Your Meme!
Oh okay, I didn't know "how stunning and brave" had become a sarcastic comment made by asshats. So, I wasn't sure who was targeted. Thanks for clearing it up.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 Weeks): Driving a thread derailment with whataboutism, multiple bans for console warring.
I believe you posted only to take a shot at Drukmann.

If Neil had shown equal sensitivity to Laura's plight than that of his other employees (which we all know about) in his Twitter outings then that would I would concur.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck all this shit, man... Fuck all these fucking bitch-ass clowns. I'm so fucking fed up with everything these last few months...

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Only on ERA will people derail a threat to talk about the specific language in which Neil supported Laura (while some taking some digs at him) instead of focusing on the death threats and horrifying messages.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Once again: Zero sense of empathy in these people. No wonder the game was too much for them.

Even if Laura single handedly created the game and actually despised the characters in the previous game, she still wouldn't deserve death threats because it's a god damn video game.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How do these people get to thinking that the voice actor of a fictional character is to blame for things written in the story of a video game? And that the correct course of action to show your displeasure at a story you didn't like is to send threats to said voice actor?

Like... what?

Well, Micah's voice actor (Rdr2) has received a bunch of hate mail and threats. So did a random guy who had the misfortune of being named Colm O'Driscoll, like one of the villains in the game.

Gamers are a bunch of shits.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Can people be prosecuted for making violent threats online? This should not be tolerated. They should be identified and charges brought on them.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I bet that if Abby's character were a man and nothing else had be changed, the voice actor wouldn't get nearly as much harrassment.

You don't see the actor that played Kylo Renn getting death threats and he killed off an even more beloved character. Very few people complained about the attempt to humanize him in the last two movies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Why don't yall people trying to derail the thread with sly remarks about Neil, tell us how you REALLY feel. We can fight it out, and have the thread locked like usual. Yall ain't fucking slick, learn to read a damn room.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is horrifying. How twisted and hateful do you have to be to put this kind of vileness out there? These kinds of people need to be banned from social media platforms.

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I just sent her a nice tweet. I hope everyone here can. They all can help.

I honestly have twitter open and with an "@" written on it, but can't think of a single thing I could say that could erase the awful things she must be feeling right now. I will still want to write her a positive text but damn, sometimes it feels like positivity hardly accomplish anything this days.

Chris_Rivera

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
These gamers are clearly on the extreme end of stupidity and/or children, if they are blaming the voice actors for the story's plot.

Sep 14, 2018
If Neil had shown equal sensitivity to Laura's plight than that of his other employees (which we all know about) in his Twitter outings then that would I would concur.
What is the point you're supposed to be making again? Clearly Neil is bad and wrong about something but can you explain what? Is this you bringing up crunch at ND your way of saying Neil isn't allowed to comment on this (or anything?)

You know what don't bother replying, go back to tweeting shit at Neil that's what you really want.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
It's so ironic that a game about how hate can ruin your life brings just the fucking worst of some people.

And some takes on this very thread, my god.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have twitter open and with an "@" written on it, but can't think of a single thing I could say that could erase the awful things she must be feeling right now. I will still want to write her a positive text but damn, sometimes it feels like positivity hardly accomplish anything this days.
It doesn't have to be anything special at all, just something nice.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn I am emotionally invested in the last of us. But I'd never take it to this level. The hell is wrong with some people 🤔

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
There's something seriously wrong when you can read that in a thread like this and think it's a good idea to attack that person.

I am 100% with Laura and I'm as disgusted as anyone here about what's happening to her. I should have opened my post with that.

The way some of Neil's tweet is worded just rubs me the wrong way.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Social media is a mistake, it needs to be regulated more.

Sending death threats should be considered a crime and handled like one.

Oct 27, 2017
Just how fucked up can you be to equate an actor with the character they are playing?

Poor Laura. I wish her the best of the best. Fuck these people. Bunch of disgusting pathetic assholes.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I was correct, so. I don't recall Neil sending death threats to his employees. Crunch is a different subject, it's a thing not just in video games but in pretty much every industry. It needs to talked about in other threads and hopefully it improves. The Video game industry has the luxury that people like you hear about it, vast majority of other industries do not have that advantage. But I reckon a good chance standards might improve in the gaming world in fairness. But this thread is not about that.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I said this on Twitter and I'll say it here.

Outing these people needs to be normalized. The default of showing their message but hiding their identity emboldens this kind of behavior because there's no consequence.

These are threats. End of conversation. One of them is even to a young child.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What the hell is wrong with people? Literal pathetic man-children who can't separate a voice actress from a fictional game character.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I can't even begin to comprehend how someone can be so fucking stupid to harass and threaten an actor for doing their work with what they were given.

Like, I literally can't process it. Someone would have to be so idiotic that I'm surprised they can even use a computer to post their filth.