• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
James Gandolfini to me. After watching The Sopranos.. there's some cognitive dissonance going on when I see the New Jersey don in different worlds

tonysopranothesopranos.jpg

latex

Jul 5, 2018
He's tried his hardest but Steve Carrell won't ever shake off Michael Scott for me.

Jun 10, 2018
Whenever I see Topher Grace in anything post- That 70s Show I simply see Eric Foreman in a new setting.

He's never going to escape that role in my eyes.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The first time I watched Cloud Atlus every time Hugo Weaving was on screen the only words I heard come out of his mouth were "Mr. Anderson"

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Jason Alexander.
I know he's a great actor. I get it, but he's George. He'll always be George.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring: Plus it doesn't help that his characters in different shows tend to be a Gus Fring version of the universe he's in
Matt LeBlanc as Joey

Plus others.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring: Plus it doesn't help that his characters in different shows tend to be a Gus Fring version of the universe he's in
Matt LeBlanc as Joey

Plus others.

I didn't realize Giancarlo Esposito was in Do the Right Thing until after I had finished watching it lol.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
He's tried his hardest but Steve Carrell won't ever shake off Michael Scott for me.
Eh, I've known of Steve Carrell before the office and he's always played the same type of characters so it's more like he's been typecasted in my eyes rather than locked in as one singular role. John Krasinski is a better example from the same show as he will always be Jim.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Emily Blunt as Rita Vrataski. My brain can't handle her as a normal, vulnerable person anymore.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Eh, I've known of Steve Carrell before the office and he's always played the same type of characters so it's more like he's been typecasted in my eyes rather than locked in as one singular role. John Krasinski is a better example from the same show as he will always be Jim.
That's why whenever I saw billboards for Jack Ryan I could never take it seriously.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
JK Simmons is Vern Schillinger to me and always will be, to the extent that it really throws me off when I see him in roles like the kindly psychologist in Law and Order or Juno's nice dad.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the main mcu people at this point. Except Scar Jo maybe since she does a lot of movies outside of the mcu.

but RDJ and Chris evans are Iron Man and Captain America and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Probably Andy Samberg as Jake Peralta. Watched the show on Hulu and got confused when commercials for a Hulu movie was in showed up lmao.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Jon Hamm. Anytime I see him in anything, I think "that's Don Draper".

It does help that he's done so much comedy stuff outside of MM, but still it's the first thing I think of when he shows up.

Edit: also any of the friends from Friends. They're probably all more known as their character's names than their actual names.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Jk Simmons is a mix of Cave Johnson from portal and JJJ from Spider-Man for me. It's very hard to take him seriously.

Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith

Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson (seriously, it doesn't help that pretty much every role he has is that)

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Jon Hamm comes off as Don Draper in anything else he does.

RDJ in any post MCU films will always be Tony Stark.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Timothy Olyphant is always a cowboy to me. If he isn't, I make up a backstory that involves being a cowboy of some sort.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
JK Simmons is Vern Schillinger to me and always will be, to the extent that it really throws me off when I see him in roles like the kindly psychologist in Law and Order or Juno's nice dad.
This for me. He has only recently began to not only been seen as Schillenger for me.

Same with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje being Adebisi.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Jared Keeso in an episode of Psych and just thought, "Wayne? How're ya now?"