• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Weird ass wording but I think they're saying this because "holidays" starts with Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving isn't typically celebrated outside the US/Canada right. Holiday 2020 might be the equivalent of late 2020 outside those regions. So it might mean that the US/Canada gets the PS5 earlier, but not necessarily.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It does, like in France. But do you consider November as part of the holidays? In France, holidays are only the week of Christmas and the week on New year's eve

We have Sint-Maarten which is basically a carbon-copy of Halloween on November 11, kids run around win lanterns and sing songs instead of saying "trick or treat" if they still do that.

It's not a holiday though.

Our end of the year holiday month starts December 5th with Saint Nicolas and then Christmas.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Holiday 2020 in US is late 2020 elsewhere. It will a global release. Don't panic people, at the most, we will see a week or 2 difference due to distribution etc.

OP
OP
Era Uma Vez

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
3059_135068129530.jpg

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
My part of Europe [outside of EU] gets consoles always with a few weeks of delay. So nothing changes for me.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is no way I believe the US is getting a PS5 before Japan.

EDIT. I somehow missed the PS4 doing just this.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Holiday [year] is often used as a sub for "Winter," which extends into the next year, so they very likely are releasing simultaneously.

Otherwise, this is kind of non-news since it's pretty clear PS5 is coming late this year, a time we're literally days away from

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
November isn't holidays in the rest of the world.

November is just late 2020 so, I wouldn't read too much Into it.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But Holiday 2020 is the same as late 2020? Is it even worth getting worked up for what'll probably be a month's difference?

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, that is certainly a take, it just says that cold war is releasing in a segmented fashion, not the PS5 itself.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not buying that for one second, unless it's the usual US/EU delay

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I refuse to believe, what a stupid thing to do.
Europe here, obviously

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
So looking at the Swedish Playstation 5 page, it actually says "Releasing Christmas 2020". SO this could be true?

www.playstation.com

PlayStation®5 | Play Has No Limits | PlayStation

Allt du behöver veta om PlayStation®5-konsolen och PlayStation®5 Digital Edition med nya slimmade PS5-designen. De bästa PS5-spelen, Ps5-tillbehören och den trådlösa DualSense-handkontrollen.
(Julen = christmas, not holidays or anything that general)

sZ2FroK.png

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
...the snippet from the article clearly states it's talking about the Cold War release date, not the PS5 console.

How the fuck is there three pages of people thinking it's about the PS5 console launch? Am I just lacking in reading comprehension?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I will say something... It would be great if Sony shared some actual real details about the ps5. I just can't believe it if we get 3 months after the June event with nothing.

Zanasea

Oct 28, 2017
France
Sony has been pretty annoyed at some of their local offices translating "Holiday 2020" to something like "Christmas 2020" (as already pointed out, the concept of "Holiday" is very US centric and doesn't mean much in most European countries and elsewhere), so they asked that any mention of the release window is only "late 2020" or "end 2020" so it doesn't sound too specific.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Not again Sony, it's tiresome how Sony Is always doing good stuff/deal for the US, they're so powerful in EU that don't even trying, hope it's false.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
The PlayStation 5 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release Holiday 2020 in the U.S. and Canada, and in late 2020 for the rest of the world.

??? @ thread

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
I would really love for the PS5 to be launched on the same day for all major regions. Microsoft managed it with the Xbox One.