• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The timing is good right now as Def Jam recently got Snoop Dogg as an executive creative and strategic consultant and he has an album about to release on Def Jam showing his goal for the label to return to form.

He dropped this single off that album today.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Well that's good, though it's hard to say how well these major labels can "return to form" in the era of self-publishing, especially for rappers. I was partially joking about the SoundCloud rapper thing, but that's where so many of them are making it these days. Youtube, Spotify, etc. also fall under that umbrella.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
NBA/NFL Street
Ultima would be interesting in 2021

Haven't they buried enough studios with interesting IP to have a thread go forever?

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
I wanted it to be Dante's Inferno, But it was hardly a "series" so there's a lot of volunteers. Mercenaries, The Sims, Spore ?
It could also be Medal of Honor... If we didn't get a VR version recently. Burnout too is a candidate IMO.
Personally I don't find their Sports library that interesting (Except for Fight night of course) But I hope it's not an sports game.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
EA has been rather strange lately, like bringing back sp games like Dead space, when their main focus with most games is micro transactions.

I hope its another SP game, sports or racing game. They did buy codemasters, so maybe they will use one of the older EA IP's.

SSX,NBA street, or Burnout would be my picks.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Command & Conquer seems likely given the remasters did well, and they probably still want it to be something that can actually do numbers, so it's not going to be Desert Strike or something.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Boxing has been doing fine as a global sport along with ESPN, Showtime, Fox, and DAZN funneling hundreds of millions into it every year.

That doesn't really counter the data that shows it is consistently losing popularity. Like there's a reason EA abandoned it, and it's not bc it was super popular and pulling in a lot of money.

Farlander

Game Designer
Verified
Sep 29, 2021
POPULOUS

A person can dream, right?

PS. Populous: The Beginning was absolutely fantastic!

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Burnout do it

I'll also be excited for skate
And if they do it really well, ssx

That goes for everything really. No point in being pumped about any franchise if they fuck it up lol

Oct 25, 2017
apps.50338.64349971641539857.18ce194a-3280-4ba2-96c0-e81ca96f894d.2cc35875-2ed0-4103-bdff-6f90dda8016b

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't really counter the data that shows it is consistently losing popularity. Like there's a reason EA abandoned it, and it's not bc it was super popular and pulling in a lot of money.
The same reason EA abandoned NBA and MLB, right? LOL You're silly if you don't think a AAA boxing game with high production values and a good ratio of current top boxers and legends of various racial/ethnic/nationalities wouldn't sell well. There's a huge void in the video game market right now for it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The same reason EA abandoned NBA and MLB, right? LOL You're silly if you don't think a AAA boxing game with high production values and a good ratio of current top boxers and legends of various racial/ethnic/nationalities wouldn't sell well. There's a huge void in the video game market right now for it.

I don't know why you're laughing, those haven't lost as much popularity, and apparently still make them enough money to continue pumping them out.

There's a void for a reason.

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
The reason EA stop there NBA and MLB games was because the competition made better games and there's wasn't selling. The fact that no else makes AAA boxing games shows how they feel about that market. UFC took that market for games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why you're laughing, those haven't lost as much popularity, and apparently still make them enough money to continue pumping them out.

There's a void for a reason.
The reason EA stop there NBA and MLB games was because the competition made better games and there's wasn't selling. The fact that no else makes AAA boxing games shows how they feel about that market. UFC took that market for games.
There's a void due to how complicated and messy it is to get all the individual boxers under contract one by one due to it not being under one uniform league.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I'm going to keep my expectations to the bare minimum.

It's a new Plants v Zombies mobile game.

That way, anything they announce will be better.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Feels like the Criterion devs are well overdue for a break from NFS and I can easily see them returning to Burnout.

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure I trust modern day EA to do justice to Strike, SSX or James Pond.

But surely they couldn't mess up a new Zany Golf