• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Didn't Snyder also just come out and hardcore defend the Martha scene? The dude's so pretentious.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this is the same character that for years was depicted as having torn out his own face and then stapled it back on. Or even having a smile carved on his own face. And yet it's the crown of thorns that somehow makes the depiction edgy or juvenile. Are the people outraged by this somehow think other appearances of the Joker are high brow or something? Let's not forget it's a crazed clown we're talking about here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".
Why are these posts still allowed?

Most of them read like borderline advertisement for the film in a very creepy way

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Most of them read like borderline advertisement for the film in a very creepy way
If we ban people advertising their favourite pop culture it's straight to tumbleweed country, lol. The post in question has some more glaring issues anyway.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There was a poster in another recent JL thread who was defending this cult island stuff.

I'm sure. He clearly has plenty of fans.

I just think about Metallica. I am obsessed with them. I have spent thousands of dollars collecting their memorabilia, which surrounds me now as I type this in my office. They changed my life by really getting me in to music and picking up guitar. I literally just spent my hour of daily guitar practice today learning one of their songs (a common occurrence for me). My wife, brother and I flew across the country to attend S&M2.

All that said, if James Hetfield ever invited me to a private island to "pretend" worship him...

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
so is Snyders Justice League going to have a 4 hour run time, while Whedon version was just 2 hours? I thought this Snyder cut was only going to add some new scenes, is this a complete redo?

"Snyder estimates that it cost around $70 million to undo Whedon's redo. For that, HBO Max gets four hours of hotly anticipated programming—and the Hollywood comeback story of a lifetime. Snyder himself gets nothing. "I'm not getting paid," he says. He was paid the first time, of course. This time, he wants creative control, and forgoing a fee helped. "I didn't want to be beholden to anyone, and it allowed me to keep my negotiating powers with these people pretty strong."

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is the same character that for years was depicted as having torn out his own face and then stapled it back on. Or even having a smile torn on his own face. And yet it's the crown of thorns that somehow makes the depiction edgy or juvenile. Are the people outraged by this somehow think other appearances of the Joker are high brow or something? Let's not forget it's a crazed clown we're talking about here.

I feel its mostly because the Snyderverse films constantly use very lazy religious iconography such as Superman doing cross poses, him being in church saying nothing asides from "DC SUPERHEROES ARE GODS" that literally giving Joker a crown of thorns is so on the nose that it's pretty funny.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so is Snyders Justice League going to have a 4 hour run time, while Whedon version was just 2 hours? I thought this Snyder caught was only going to add some new scenes, is this a complete redo?

"Snyder estimates that it cost around $70 million to undo Whedon's redo. For that, HBO Max gets four hours of hotly anticipated programming—and the Hollywood comeback story of a lifetime. Snyder himself gets nothing. "I'm not getting paid," he says. He was paid the first time, of course. This time, he wants creative control, and forgoing a fee helped. "I didn't want to be beholden to anyone, and it allowed me to keep my negotiating powers with these people pretty strong."
Pretty sure it's mainly photography filmed back before Snyder quit production, plus five minutes of added scenes. He had shot a lot of material.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel its mostly because the Snyderverse films constantly use very lazy religious iconography such as Superman doing cross poses, him being in church saying nothing asides from "DC SUPERHEROES ARE GODS" that literally giving Joker a crown of thorns is so on the nose that it's pretty funny.
As Clark Kent was raised by farmers out in Kansas, it does make a lot of sense that he would go to church when faced with a crisis. But I really don't think Snyder is as heavy handed with religious parallels as some people. It's there, and it might not be subtle, but it's not without context nor does it detract from the film itself.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we ban people advertising their favourite pop culture it's straight to tumbleweed country, lol. The post in question has some more glaring issues anyway.
And the latter is what I'm most referring to. If someone what's to talk good of their favorite movie, go for it lol

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

....How is this kind of post allowed?
RIP her inbox? Really?
That's your take after she talks about toxicity?

He once linked to his own Twitter here before.

Turns out he is boosting up harassment of her over there too.

bCovIG1.png

"This creature."

Yeah, fuck that.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He once linked to his own Twitter here before.

Turns out he is boosting up harassment of her over there too.

"This creature."

Yeah, fuck that.

Holllllly shiiiiit. I have kinda defended them in the past, as I thought they were kinda amping up their love as like an anti-troll-trolling move against the hate snyder gets. Turns out I was giving too much benefit of doubt there.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed the article. I feel for Snyder and his loss. Kinda sucked this thread went sideways cause of the picture.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Zack Snyder is trolling his way to success and it is amazing. Shit is gonna be awesome

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Zack Snyder's DC Universe is like a teenager writing Batman fan-fiction on Parlor. This is yet more proof of that.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".

In this very forum alone, I was ganged on and bullied out of the JL Snyder Cut trailer for criticising it, including people taking the effort to seach for my game's trailer, shitting on it for multiple paragraphs straight to general cheers, and accusing me of viral market. So please spare me your #NotAllSnyderFans bullshit and deflection of toxicity while also cheering on harassment.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this very forum alone, I was ganged on and bullied out of the JL Snyder Cut trailer for criticising it, including people taking the effort to seach for my game's trailer, shitting on it for multiple paragraphs straight to general cheers, and accusing me of viral market. So please spare me your #NotAllSnyderFans bullshit and deflection of toxicity while also cheering on harassment.
Speaking of poor Jesus alegory...

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Also like how Snyder just lives to troll Era in mass and live in a bunch of people's head rent free.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a major disconnect I feel with this movie because the reasoning of Zack's daughter committing suicide and that being a major driving force for him and WB actively messing with him is something I genuinely believe is a hardship he shouldn't need to endure and finally getting to put this movie out is admirable, but whenever I see some of the choices regarding this movie I die a bit on the inside.

The discourse about this movie is a fucking mess