• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Hey, guys. My third thread on my entire time on ResetEra thus far. I thought about all of us making a list of RPGs (could be CPRGs or JRPGs or what have you) together. I asked around on Reddit what RPGs were coming out but I think that thread has so gone off of most peoples' radars right now. Regardless, I'm a huge RPG fan and I'm hoping to make a list of RPGs that are coming out in the near or far future. So without further ado, let's get started, shall we? Here's the list!

Aeolwyn's Legacy

Age of Grit

Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms

Apprentice Arriving

Archaelund

Ashes of Creation

Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy

Atom RPG: Trudograd

Avowed

Baldur's Gate 3

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

Bolero

Boyfriend Dungeon

Bravely Default 2

Broken Roads

Call of Saregnar

Chaos Galaxy

Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game

Corven - Path of Redemption

Cris Tales

Crusader Kings III

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint

Cyberpunk 2077

Darkborn/Project Wight

Dark Envoy

Death end re;Quest 2

Death Trash

Demon's Souls Remake

Diablo IV

Digimon Survive

Dragon Age 4

Dying Light 2

Eastern Exorcist

Eastward

Edge of Eternity

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Elden Ring

Empire of Sin

Encased

Exoplanet: First Contact

Ever Forward

Fable

Fae Tactics

Fairy Tale

Gamedec

Gedonia

Geneforge 1 Mutagen (Remake)

Godfall

Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Guile & Glory: Firstborn

Hellpoint

HellSign

Horizon Forbidden West

Hylics 2

Ikenfell

Isles of Adalar

Jack Move

Kenshi 2

Keylocker

Kingdom of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (Remaster)

Kingdoms of the Dump

Knights of the Chalice 2: Augury of Chaos

Labyrinth of Galleria

Last Epoch

Lonesome

Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

Monomyth

Nadir

Neptunia Virtual Stars

Nighthawks

No Straight Roads

Odd Gods

Outriders

Path of Exile 2

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Pendragon

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis

Project Athia

Project Awakening

Project Witchstone

Quartet

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

Re: Fantasy

Rune Factory 5

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin

Sand Is The Soul

Sea of Stars

Shadow of the Road

She Dreams Elsewhere

Shikari Rising

Shiren the Wander: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remastered

Shin Megami Tensei V

Silence is a lie - The Adventure of Kim

SKALD: Against the Black Priory

Small Saga

Solasta: Crown of the Magister

SpellForce 3: Fallen God

Sports Story

Starfield

Star Renegades

Swordcery

System Shock Remastered

Tainted Grail

Tale of Ronin

Tales of Arise

The Ascent

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos

The Elder Scrolls 6

The Fellowship Saga

The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV

The Waylanders

Third Expeditions game

This Way Madness Lies

Urban Strife

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong

Vaporum: Lockdown

Vespiary

Vigilant

Wanderer

Wasteland 3

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

Wigmund: The Return of the Hidden Knights

Within the Cosmos

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Yo-kai Watch 4

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Zoria: Age of Shattering

The purpose of this thread is to compile a list of RPG games that are coming out and maybe discuss them here and there, giving more information to them as well. I'm hoping that others will give these RPGs more support and promote them as some of these are also Indies. That said, maybe you can put some of these on your Steam or EGS wishlist? Some of these also aren't on either of those websites, but you can also find the devs on Twitter or the games themselves as Kickstarter projects, such as Odd Gods (I think?) and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Some of these may be in hiatus as of this year due to Covid-19, though I tried to make sure that they were not. Some of these, such as Keylocker and Ahses of Creation (I'm a huge MMO fan) seem pretty good as well while others probably still need work. You may also notice that some of these titles are in Early Access, but since I don't consider that to be "finished," I decided to leave them there.

I may have also included some titles that came out just now, but I'll double-check after posting this thread. But anyways, maybe this thread can be used to keep track of other RPGs coming out in the near or far term?

Help me out if you can. Thanks in advance, everyone, and have a good day.

Last edited:

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Nice list OP. Be nice to have an image or two with each one.
I'm greedy

Also, no faith in FFVII2 in 2020? :)

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's more work, but I think organizing the list by date or by year would make it easier to parse.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Baldur's Gate is in the list, these are some Early Access games that are supposed to come out at some point:

Hellsign

Tho I'm pretty sure that game was supposed to come out "in 8-12 months" in 2018, soooo....

Atom RPG: Trudograd

Edit: I think I misremembered that last one, mb

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Also Logic Artists has started work on a third Expeditions game, as of yet untitled and with no release date but it was announced at the end of 2018.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I recommend alphabetizing that... Harder to CTRL+F for everything

More stuff to add:

Digimon Survive
Neptunia Virtual Stars
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Yo-kai Watch 4

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a lot of work but some sort of description (even just like "Turn based jrpg" "RtwP sci fi RPG" or something) would really help because I don't know half of the games in that list.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Self-promotion from me

I try to keep a list of dates updated for 2020 RPGs here -> https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8830-the-rpgs-of-2020-every-rpg-and-their-release-dates . I am missing a few of the one you have, seems like mostly ones that dont have store pages.

Some notes: I stick to confirmed English releases only, mostly avoid mobile RPGS unless they are very notable (like Tales of Crestoria, recently)

I actually plan on putting up the 2021 RPGs feature soon.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Pathfinder kingmaker
Death end re quest 2
Does 13 sentinels count? That's more of a visual novel I think...
Project awakening, whatever and whenever we hear more.
Gran blue re link or whatever it's full name will be.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Great thread OP, appreciate it.

A few more:

• Sea of Stars
  • The Ascent
  • Godfall
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sports Story
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood
  • Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Diablo IV
  • Path of Exile 2

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I'm stupid excited for Baldur's Gate 3.

Great list OP, my steam wishlist is going to get a big overhaul lol

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I would love the list if it was organized by date tiers and then alphabetically.

Good work OP!

List has been updated with new games
OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Great thread OP, appreciate it.

A few more:

• Sea of Stars
  • The Ascent
  • Godfall
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sports Story
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood
  • Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Diablo IV
  • Path of Exile 2
So far, I have done the suggestions of Dizastah Renteka-Bond storres His Majesty The One Who Knocks Xagarath Lord Vatek Fantastapotamus denx werezompire Curler Abdiel and Master Chuuster

I will also alphabetize the list and organize it by years and dates eventually after the suggestions of some of the members here.

Any suggestions for the list are welcome.

I'll take a break as I've just now been working on the list based on everyone's suggestions since I posted it (so I think more than an hour). And I have a tutoring lesson coming up at 3:00. I'll probably be back at around 4 or 5.

Take care, everyone!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A Magical Girl RPG? Yo, I'm going to need more info because this looks great.

Sure.

Vague Shakespearean theme.
Playable party members are Imogen (the leader), Viola, Paulina, Rosalind, Beatrice, Miranda, and Kate.
Social sim element between dungeons a la the later Persona games.
Combat visuals reminiscent of Shining Force & Golden Sun games. Combat gameplay based on our previous games like Cosmic Star Heroine.

Basically, imagine a modern Persona game with a Shakespearean magical girl theme, an indie-sized budget, a shorter runtime, and more of a comedic bent.

Oh and I just posted a pic of the battle screen.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
i'm looking forward to this very much, the demo is amazing! but killing a cat? no no thanks.
I had exactly the same concerns and asked the developer about it on discord during the kickstarter:

Screenshot.png

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
I had exactly the same concerns and asked the developer about it on discord during the kickstarter:

Screenshot.png

hmmm, that's not that reassuring since you kill him and the game "oh no he gone to vet" i don't buy it.

hope they really don't make the cat dying/suffering. if so, i won't play sadly :/

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Sure.

Playable party members are Imogen (the leader), Viola, Paulina, Rosalind, Beatrice, Miranda, and Kate.
Combat visuals reminiscent of Shining Force & Golden Sun games. Combat gameplay based on our previous games like Cosmic Star Heroine.

Basically, imagine a modern Persona game with a Shakespearean magical girl theme, an indie-sized budget, a shorter runtime, and more of a comedic bent.

And this is coming out when exactly? Either way, looks very interesting!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea that Geneforge 1 was getting a remake! Was kinda rooting for a second Queen's Wish game from Spiderweb, but I'm excited for Geneforge 1 all the same. (Owned and never played any of those classics, unfortunately.)

As to additions, Comrade Foster there's Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (2021) by Trese Brothers.
store.steampowered.com

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint on Steam

Squad tactics heist RPG! Clever stealth, strategic combat, unique 23rd-century cyberpunk. Build your crew of hackers, mercs and malcontents wisely; their stories will become interwoven with your own. Use powerful cyberware, faction connections, and more to outsmart the odds & determine your future.

and I dunno if it fits your vision of the thread, but Crusader Kings 3 (Sept 1, Early Access) by Paradox. It's leaning into being an RPG more than CK2 did.
store.steampowered.com

Crusader Kings III on Steam

Love, fight, scheme, and claim greatness. Determine your noble house’s legacy in the sprawling grand strategy of Crusader Kings III. Death is only the beginning as you guide your dynasty’s bloodline in the rich and larger-than-life simulation of the Middle Ages.

lastly, Kenshi 2 (prolly be years before we see anything, but it is announced) by Lo-Fi Games
Sure.

Dang this looks cool.

Looking forward to hearing more about it. 👍🏼

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Sure.

This sounds fun, gonna keep an eye out for it.