• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
But the screenshots in the article look near-identical to the N64 original - it's clearly not just a reimplementation of the mechanics and maps, it "looks" just like OoT.

Is it really the case that if you just redraw something, IP law doesn't apply? Or does this project dodge IP law by requiring people to bring their own OoT assets through a ROM or cartridge, or something similar? It seems baffling to me that this would pass muster and I'd love to know more about why!

If it's anything like the Mario 64 decompilation, the repo contains none of those assets and building an executable will require that you to provide a dump of the N64 cart for them to extract those assets from.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Who would ever consider Majora's Mask to be Zelda 64? I get OoT since it was Zelda 64 pre-release, but Majora's Mask was never considered that. Ura Zelda, maybe...
I mean not me, it obviously means Ocarina of Time. But literally every thread involving Zelda and N64 there's someone that's like "surely they mean the SUPERIOR Zelda 64" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.