• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I hope The Favourite sweeps because it's gonna be embarrassing as hell if Green Book or Bohemian Rhapsody does.

(And it's one of the best films of the year.)

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
Black Panther is not even the best Marvel movie of 2018 lmao

But sure, diversity has always been Oscar bait.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Good nominations other than the sickening love for Racist Book and Pedophile Rhapsody.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
BP should have got a nom for writing

Ethan Hawke missing a much deserved nom is insulting. That was the best performance of the year

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
happy to see spider-man get a nomimation for best animated picture, also much better list then last years one

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther might be the worst nominations for Best Picture ever, no lie.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a BAAAD movie, while Black Panther is a decent superhero movie (I like it, but I honestly have NO idea what makes it Best Picture worthy over anything else in the genre).

Oh yeah, forgot Vice also. That movie is bad too.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Nothing hugely surprising there. Nice to see the likes of Black Panther and Roma get some love. Tentpole and streaming films are usually given a wide berth at these sort of events so regardless of whether or not you feel they're more deserving of the more traditional Oscar recipients I'd hope we can all agree that it's good to see the Academy expanding beyond the more 'worthy' cinema contenders that are nominated.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I hope that fucking Green Book movie wins nothing.

Black Panther is not even the best Marvel movie of 2018 lmao

But sure, diversity has always been Oscar bait.

giphy.gif

Nov 13, 2017
YIKES at the Cooper snub. He was campaigning so hard for that award.

So happy to see Sam Elliot and Yalitza with those surprise nominations!

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Some real garbage getting in over Beale Street, Leave No Trace, Wildlife, and You Were Never Really Here.

IzzyRX