• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
All they're saying is that they won't run ads in that part of the game in the future so expect them elsewhere!

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
We will fix this completely unintended issue once we can get our hand out of the cookie jar.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Games are so complex these days. Unintended things just happen all the time. Earlier I was playing Halo and in a cutscene Master Chief turned around started telling me that what my father did to me was actually my fault all along.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They accidentally slipped the ads in huh? They'll do the same next year, by accident ofcourse, hoping people don't notice. The gross profiteering by these pubs on top of the raised prices is extremely troubling. They're coming from every angle, aggressively trying to exploit every opportunity. Next gen isn't going to be fun with so many strategies to breakup gaming sessions or paywall gameplay elements.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ZERO percent chance QA didnt catch that before it went live.

Complete bullshit, as usual.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep let's just believe and give the benefit of the doubt to the people that charged you for every single haircut without being able to even preview it.

The same people who will happily have you pay real money to boost your my player from 65 to 95 and make you work for the last 4 levels just so they can justify the idea it's not pay to win.

2k really is the company that will take you for a mile if you give them an inch. They stay purposely pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
You I can see how that was accidently coded and signed off mulitple times during development, just like a typo it could happen to anyone.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Every year they try it. Hoping that one year, they'll get away with it.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
What I don't understand is why they tried. They really thought there wouldn't be strong backlash over it?

Apr 25, 2020
Fuck off, 2K. You were experimenting to see how much noise it would actually generate before you decided whether you were going to persist or not.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Always, every fucking time a big company gets caught doing fucked up shit they roll out the "it was a bug we didn't intend, we'll fix it now" line....and always it's only ever a bug that actually makes the big company better off by being there, funny huh? Same with Google recently being found to have been secretly keeping your info for their sites on chrome even when you told chrome to not keep anything and delete everything, suddenly they got caught and "oh it's a bug we never intended we are putting a fix out now" yeah a bug to only exclude Google sites and services from all the sites and services on the Internet, I'm sure that wasn't intended and you are able to roll out a fix super fast the moment you're caught as if all fixed no matter how small need to be totally tested to make sure it doesn't break something else....almost as if you had it ready and held it back for the sudden "emergency alert we got caught roll out the fix" moment.

This is how all companies are gonna keep doing things, do dodgy shit, be ready for the blowback when it comes out to the public and then act like some kind of heroes for fixing the fucked up thing you did in the first place that you weren't meant to be doing.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
The players were impacted in a way you didn't intend? I bought 2k19 on xbox one for $3 on sale a couple years back and ads were popping up. The community then expressed collective outrage, so you are more than aware that people don't want unstoppable ads popping up in their games.

'Won't run as part of the pre game introduction'. So you'll move them to the halftime show instead? Fuck right off with this shit. This company is becoming more gross than EA at its money- grabbing best. The first to announce the $70 next gen price hike, a literal slot machine and other baked in MTX in the NBA games, and unskippable ads so the CEO can buy cash a platinum toilet bowl for one of his luxury yachts.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, there are ads in those games now?
WTF?
And people actually pay 60 bucks for that kind of shit?

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What a crock of shit this is. As usual, they new exactly what they were doing, and now they're lying about it. Unintended my ass. I'm grateful I don't give a fuck about sports/sports games. I've had so many friends talk to me about the bullshit they have to put up with and I can't fathom it.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
2K and EA really are hyper scummy to their sports consumers. It's a measure of how low they'll consistently stoop at every opportunity that practically nothing they do shocks me any more. It's just incessant, unapologetic villainy.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Essentially the ads will be moved when the current oculus contract is done please go away. They actually don't even say the ads will go away just adjusted lol. Sorry we got caught.

Sep 7, 2020
" We tried to get you guys but someone said something, now we say something but try to get you guys in the future"

Cue "you caught me redhanded meme*

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
We made a six month deal for these ads so our fix will take six months to happen. Please understand

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I've stopped buying these games after 2k16 because of changes like this, that were slowly creeping in, actually impacting the fun I had in the game. The last game I tried was I think 2k18 which I got for free with PSN.

At this point I wish they would just make a free version with all this BS and a paid version without it. I love basketball and it's a shame I can't justify spending money on these games anymore and that EA keeps messing up.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
After one week: Our developers were unable to remove the ads due to complicated engine issues.
Please understand.

See you next year.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck 2k and VC, they turned one of the best sport franchises there is into greediest. I advise everyone to get the game sub 10 or secondhand.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
"We tried to see how far we could push it, and we found the line. Sorry"