• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is definitely taking pac money so not sure why he cares about fundraising numbers.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
samoyed we talked earlier in the thread about whether Hillary would have done worse against Jeb. Out of curiousity I googled the pre-election numbers of jeb vs Hillary.

Jeb actually beat her in the popular vote in some polls(believe it or not, fox news polls aren't biased) and outperformed Trump in head to heads vs Hillary.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...us/general_election_bush_vs_clinton-3827.html

Conversely:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Trump only had Hillary beat in the popular vote RCP average for one day.

It's interesting to look back. Trump really was Hillary's best shot at the Presidency.

2016 was never Trumps win, it was Hillary's loss. She should have won. Although, I've always been curious if Trump won because of the the Trio Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan that I dont think Jeb would have gotten.

I suppose it wouldn't have mattered, if Jeb won the popular vote. If Hillary won those three states on election night, we have all been biting our nails on New Hamshire, which was super close (and barely went to Hillary). It would have been probably that state that threw the win to Jeb instead.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disagreeing on his views?
I'm sorry, but that Republican has genuine blood on his hands. He's a blood-thirsty warhawk who pushed against Civil Rights, supported Brett Kavanaugh and helped in essentially the creation of a Trump president thanks to Sarah Palin. He's a rotten Republican at his core.

Why is a cis man like John McCain allowed to be liked and called a hero while a Transwoman
who AOC is cool with like Chelsea Manning, whose sins are being associated with WikiLeaks, Assange and being caught in an alt-right party, not only is hated very much, but is being called a coward, despite being subjugated to torture to expose US surveillance?

Regardless, Attacking the heroism of POW/MIA Americans is a fool's errand.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Why is a cis man like John McCain allowed to be liked and called a hero while a Transwoman who AOC is cool with like Chelsea Manning, whose sins are being associated with WikiLeaks, Assange and being caught in an alt-right party, not only is hated very much, but is being called a coward, despite being subjugated to torture to expose US surveillance?
You know why.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the Bernard thing? If it's a dogwhistle, I don't get who's supposed to be howling back. It's not like it's a particularly rare or culturally meaningful name to anyone.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You're being willfully obtuse if you're gonna seriously pretend this board has no bias against Bernie for god knows what reason.

The bias is the same reason for the one against RON PAUL circa 2007. Many, but not all, of the supports are militant in their defense of any and everything he does and it puts a lot of people off.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This board is not 1 entity, and I count far more Bernie supporters than I've seen for any other single candidate out there in this thread.
Yep, there are a ton of Bernie fans in here. Also I'm sure there was a Bernie raised 5.9 million subject header at one point. Some Bernie fans jumping to conspiracies or claiming to be victims reminds me of the fans of Trump.

Beto continues his touring. Hardest working candidate out there

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bias is the same reason for the one against RON PAUL circa 2007. Many, but not all, of the supports are militant in their defense of any and everything he does and it puts a lot of people off.

That definitely is an issue. It's cultish at times. With say hillary supporters including yours truly we admitted she had many issues, too corporatist, lack of personality, flip flopped on issues often, but we also recognized she had a great deal of experience, knowledge, could do good. Not the same with many Bernie fans.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
That's his name...the problem with people referring to Obama as Hussein was there was usually an anti-islamic and quesrioning of his citizenship angle. Referring to Sanders as Bernard is well, not the same so.... lol.

no, his political name is Bernie. Same as Robert is "Beto." It seems like you're just trying to stir shit up.

It's not like you'd call Tom Cruise "Thomas Mapother IV". Because that's not his stage name.

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if him already giving away his VP position makes him more vulnerable to attacks from the big dogs. I know people expect Dems to play patty cakes and sing kumbaya, but there's no fucking way that holds throughout the primary. Warren will say something about Bernie's taxes on the debate stage and Bernie will fire back, or Harris will bring out something dirty from Biden's record and Biden will throw some shit back at her. And then you have all the other candidates that will try anything in desperation.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
What's the Bernard thing? If it's a dogwhistle, I don't get who's supposed to be howling back. It's not like it's a particularly rare or culturally meaningful name to anyone.
It's pettiness is all. Calling Beto "Robert" or Bernie "Bernard" is both equally stupid. That's not what they want to be called. You'd think Democrats of all people could respect what somebody wants to call themselves. It's not clever, just makes you look petty.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pettiness is all. Calling Beto "Robert" or Bernie "Bernard" is both equally stupid. That's not what they want to be called. You'd think Democrats of all people could respect what somebody wants to call themselves. It's not clever, just makes you look petty.

Dems still meme 'Drumpf" so I doubt it.

Hirok2099

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been listening to some candidate's rallys and townhalls.
Man I want the first debate to include Beto and Yang so bad. They seem polar oposites on their approach a debate between them will be interesting.

Mar 9, 2018
That definitely is an issue. It's cultish at times. With say hillary supporters including yours truly we admitted she had many issues, too corporatist, lack of personality, flip flopped on issues often, but we also recognized she had a great deal of experience, knowledge, could do good. Not the same with many Bernie fans.
Yeah right. I think it was like last week when Hillary supporters bullied and sent death threats to a college student for speaking aggressively to heiress Princess Clinton.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's bullshit. Plenty of Bernie supporters are critical of him in this thread and elsewhere.

You should peddle your disingenuous narrative to a less-gullible crowd.

Mar 9, 2018
The other candidates should already be planning to aggressively call out Biden's racist and sexist past, including his comments about missing the days when you could go have lunch with segregationists and his treatment of Anita Hill. This VP ploy thing just heightens the need for it. Might as well be stark about what's happening.

I can see Sanders, Warren, Harris, and even O'Rourke bringing these things up. The latter 2 seem more conventional in the substance of their politics, particularly O'Rourke, but I think in terms of style, they seem willing to be bold. IDK about the others.

I hope they grill him!

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yes it's amazing that so many of his supporters are so sensitive as to be bothered when somebody uses his given name and not Bernie.

Agreed. I quite happily call myself a Bernard Brother

That's bullshit. Plenty of Bernie supporters are critical of him in this thread and elsewhere.

You should peddle your disingenuous narrative to a less-gullible crowd.

Yea there were a lot of people ITT dragging him for saying nice things about McCain. I woulda too if I was awake when that tweet hit.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gahahahahahahaha 2019 fuckin rules

Heh, it works.

f88f1ca5f18d647ecd5a933e1612e83b.png

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Who knows, lol. Its the primary where the donors all made up and the dollars dont matter
He'll legally have to report his numbers soon, so having your website say you can get to the debates doesn't actually get him to the debates. Saying he has enough money/donors does the opposite of favor him if he doesn't have that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.