• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Speaking of Justified...

variety.com

‘Justified’ Team Reunites to Develop Elmore Leonard Novel at FX, Timothy Olyphant Rumored to Return as Raylan Givens (EXCLUSIVE)

The team behind "Justified" is reuniting for a new FX series with Timothy Olyphant potentially returning as Raylan Givens
Wow they weren't kidding about it being the team, that's like the entire writing cast of Justified, god damn.

I think I've really enjoyed everything Graham Yost has ever done, even a salvage job like Sneaky Pete

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jul 4, 2019
It's not a whole lot, but I stumbled upon an interview between Sepinwall and Soderbergh from a few weeks ago. The potential third season of The Knick was briefly brought up.

www.rollingstone.com

Steven Soderbergh on the Gore, the Grind, and the Glory of Making 'The Knick'

Director Steven Soderbergh on making 'The Knick,' a possible third season, and why 'Below Deck' is one of his favorite shows on TV

Where does that stand right now?
I can say that I read an excellent pilot, and that HBO has it. I hope that goes forward.

Have you had any conversations with Barry about what he's going to be in for, workload-wise?
No. I feel, since he's coming out the other end of [the upcoming Amazon series] Underground Railroad now, he probably has a pretty good sense of what it's like. I'm being very respectful in the sense that this is their show. I'm kind of in the background and trying to be consiglieri when that's appropriate, but it's really their show. It was their idea, they've been developing it. They send me things to read, but I'm just here to cheerlead.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I know some people here have been enjoying this show.

deadline.com

‘Resident Alien’ Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy

Ahead of the Season 1 finale, Syfy has renewed its hit dramedy Resident Alien for a second season.
This is excellent news.

giphy.gif

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Speaking of Justified...

variety.com

‘Justified’ Team Reunites to Develop Elmore Leonard Novel at FX, Timothy Olyphant Rumored to Return as Raylan Givens (EXCLUSIVE)

The team behind "Justified" is reuniting for a new FX series with Timothy Olyphant potentially returning as Raylan Givens

Unexpected, but potentially great news. Justified is one of my favorite shows ever, don't think I've watched a show since where I enjoyed the dialogue as much.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Maya Rudolph To Headline Apple TV+ Comedy Series From Alan Yang & Matt Hubbard

EXCLUSIVE: Apple TV+ has given a straight-to-series order to a half-hour comedy series starring Emmy winner Maya Rudolph and created by Emmy winners Alan Yang and Matt Hubbard. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All The untitled series reunites the...

On the new Apple series, Rudolph will play Molly, a woman whose seemingly perfect life is upended after her husband leaves her with nothing but 87 billion dollars.
Forever was criminally underrated, so I'm glad to see the team partially reuniting.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: Apple TV+ has given a straight-to-series order to a half-hour comedy series starring Emmy winner Maya Rudolph and created by Emmy winners Alan Yang and Matt Hubbard. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All The untitled series reunites the...

Forever was criminally underrated, so I'm glad to see the team partially reuniting.

I enjoyed that show as well, quick watch and one of the better earlier Amazon originals.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
deadline.com

I enjoyed that show as well, quick watch and one of the better earlier Amazon originals.
Absolutely! It felt like no one watched Forever. This is great news! It will definitely be on my watch list.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
is this an outtake or something? I thought the idea was he was hiding as a human?

I haven't seen the show so I don't know if it's exactly the same but in the comic he had mental abilites that allow him to trick most people into seeing him as a normal human (however some people could see his true form including some children). He also kinda stayed out in the middle of nowhere so people wouldn't do something like take a picture of him or get on a video camera since that would show his true form. Again not sure how it is in the show.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today in "...why" news:
deadline.com

Showtime Series On January 6 U.S. Capitol Assault Set With ‘The Comey Rule’ Duo Billy Ray & Shane Salerno

Showtime Series On January 6 U.S. Capitol Assault Set With 'The Comey Rule' Duo Billy Ray & Shane Salerno
The limited series will examine and explore multiple points of view of the events leading up to the January 6 attack, including the final days of the Trump administration, and culminate with the attack itself, the aftermath, and the FBI and Congressional investigations. The narrative is still unfolding and arrests of those who breached the Capitol and assaulted police are still being made.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Good Girls putting up big numbers on Netflix.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Good Girls’ Steals Top Spot on Nielsen Streaming Charts

The third season of the NBC series made its Netflix debut on Feb. 16.

Original Series

1. Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix), 806 million minutes viewed
2. Firefly Lane (Netflix), 780 million
3. WandaVision (Disney+), 720 million
4. Behind Her Eyes (Netflix), 677 million
5. The Crew (Netflix), 556 million
6. Bridgerton (Netflix), 380 million
7. The Crown (Netflix), 300 million
8. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 286 million
9. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 252 million
10. Longmire (Netflix), 248 million

Acquired Series

1. Good Girls (Netflix), 1.08 billion minutes
2. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 892 million
3. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 877 million
4. iCarly (Netflix), 863 million
5. The Sinner (Netflix), 744 million
6. Schitt's Creek (Netflix), 692 million
7. Heartland (Netflix), 678 million
8. Outlander (Netflix), 621 million
9. Cocomelon (Netflix), 521 million
10. NCIS (Netflix), 510 million

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Have they announced how many eps Clarice would be? Haven't seen anything on it, just that it's on break until April. I think it would work best as just a limited series, because I'm not sure where they could go in multiple seasons. Not sure if it's even been doing well enough to even get another season, though.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of March 21, 2021:

Okay, seriously, what is up with this "Ginny and Georgia" show that it's number 1 yet again for the fourth week in a row?! At least "The One" is holding steady at number 2. Aside from that, there's some documentaries with "The Lost Pirate Kingdom," "Formula 1: Drive to Survive," and "Last Chance U: Basketball," but everything else is kids shows this week. Is it spring break already and parents just plopped their kids down in front of the TV all week?

1.) Ginny and Georgia (Season 1)
2.) The One (Season 1)
3.) The Lost Pirate Kingdom (Season 1) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
5.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Waffles and Mochi (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
8.) Last Chance U: Basketball (Season 1)
9.) Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (Seasons 1-5) (NEW)
10.) Zero Chill (Season 1) (NEW)

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
My co-worker really liked Ginny & Georgia. Planning to give it a shot sometime.

Has anyone seen The Split on Hulu (BBC series)? It's hard to find out what type of content is in it. If someone has seen it and liked it, I'd like to know if there's violent content involving sexual assault or violence against animals. Thanks all.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of March 21, 2021:

Okay, seriously, what is up with this "Ginny and Georgia" show that it's number 1 yet again for the fourth week in a row?! At least "The One" is holding steady at number 2. Aside from that, there's some documentaries with "The Lost Pirate Kingdom," "Formula 1: Drive to Survive," and "Last Chance U: Basketball," but everything else is kids shows this week. Is it spring break already and parents just plopped their kids down in front of the TV all week?

1.) Ginny and Georgia (Season 1)
2.) The One (Season 1)
3.) The Lost Pirate Kingdom (Season 1) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
5.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Waffles and Mochi (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
8.) Last Chance U: Basketball (Season 1)
9.) Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (Seasons 1-5) (NEW)
10.) Zero Chill (Season 1) (NEW)

Because Ginny & Georgia has blessed us with Felix Mallard.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Should I watch the show? Never heard of it!
I just started it and liked it quite a bit.

Season 1 of Zoey is a bit rough at times since it has a lot of songs sung by... not the best singers, but so far Season 2 has done a better job overall IMO.

If you're in the mood for another great musical show I'd recommend Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It uses original (hilarious) songs, and pretty much everyone is decent to great at singing.

Last edited:

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
I just started it and liked it quite a bit.

Season 1 of Zoey is a bit rough at times since it has a lot of songs sung by... not the best singers, but so far Season 2 has done a better job overall IMO.

If you're in the mood for another great musical show I'd recommend Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It uses original (hilarious) songs, and pretty much everyone is decent to great at digging.

Thanks for the info, I'll add to my list of shows to watch!