• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
O FUCKING CANADA
OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUE PATRIOT LOVE

BIANCA WINS FOR THE LAND
WITH GLOWING HEARTS
WE SEE HER RISE

SHE THE NORTH STRONG AND FREE
FROM FAR AND WIDE O CANADA SHE SERVES ON GUARD FOR THEE

ET SA BACKHAND DE FOI TREMPEE
PROTEGERA NOS COURT ET NOS DROIT

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
The GTA, the home of not one, but two champions. Never thought I'd say that in 2019. It's a good feelin'.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
O FUCKING CANADA
OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUE PATRIOT LOVE

BIANCA WINS FOR THE LAND
WITH GLOWING HEARTS
WE SEE HER RISE

lol,good one...close enough but no cigar on the French parts though hehe... ;)

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
IMO it doesn't make sense to compare records in the open era with records including a lot of tennis before it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
OK REVISED

O FUCKING CANADA
COURT DE SA VICTOIRE
SA RAQUETTE ES GRAND

BIANCA WINS FOR THE LAND
WITH GLOWING HEARTS
WE SEE HER RISE

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
That Federer loss at Wimbledon hurts more and more.

Would have countered Nadal's win tomorrow. Now he will tie the record at the French next year.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Congratulations to Bianca Andreescu. She was the much more composed player out there. So clutch! Her game has got everything, and the scary thing is, she can still improve so much. Serena's serve was not on fire and it affected her mentally, especially once she was down a set and break. "It's happening again" was written all over her facial expressions. This time, Serena was much fitter so I'm sure she'll have a tough time swallowing this final.

It's also good for the WTA tour that young players have started to beat the old guard in important matches. ATP needs this as well (Medvedev!) or the tour will be in trouble once the big three plus Murray and Wawrinka are retired.

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Whew, what a final. Hurts to see Serena get so tight in another final (yeah, comparing her record to Court's is dumb yet I'd still like to see her tie/beat 24), but Andreescu is the real deal and her season has been nothing short of meteoric. Won IW as a wildcard, Rogers Cup as an unseeded player, now 8-0 against top 10 players, and complete composure in her US Open debut through to the final... Girl has no fear and all the tools to win already at 19. A well deserved champion.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised Bianca didn't throw many dropshots to troll Serena. She showed off her power today especially her mental strength. Such a smart player too. Going forward whenever possible. I wish Naomi would do that and not be scared of the net.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Second year in a row where the winner has to apologize for winning.
Yeah that's crazy. No need to apologize.

Bianca played her ass off. Serena came storming back like hell tho, lol. I honestly felt Serena might retire after this match. I think she will after tying or breaking the record for wins.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
If Medvedev cut out the UEs, he'd be on top in this match. Nadal can't quite boss the rallies the way he'd want, he's not playing well enough for that. Also helps that gruelling rallies don't scare Daniil at all.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is a janky ass finals so far.

Nadal might win by letting Medvedev hit too many errors.