• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this the thread to ask, but figure I'd give it a try.

My GCU expires tomorrow. Is there anything I should be aware of to take advantage of it? I already pre-ordered Elden Ring, FFVII, Iron Man VR, Cyberpunk & Last of Us II.

Maybe I should add Metroid Prime 4 & Bayonetta 3 to the list?

Preorder anything you might want. You can always cancel.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm so lost. It sounds like everyone is already buying stuff for Black Friday, but I'm scared to order online and just wait to grab stuff on Friday.

WhatYearIsIt.gif

Seriously, Black Friday is so much more relaxing these last few years because all shopping can be completed online before Friday. If I choose to go out Friday, it's normally just to browse and people watch.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
is there a list of blu rays that are going to be on sale at various stores? ive found excel spreadsheets for video games but is there something like that for movies?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Bought Trails of Cold Steel III from Gamestop for $40 even though I only have 20 hours into the first one :)
Honestly given how small NIS America's print runs have been lately, this is probably the cheapest I'll ever find a new copy at.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disappointed with the online Best Buy deals this year. No Borderlands 3 or Astral Chain.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Ok now I'm tempted by the used Nintendo Switch in Very Good condition for $220 on Amazon Warehouse. It has the old battery. Any thoughts on this deal?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My big struggle is that I want to get PS VR but I do NOT want the five games bundle because the games are digital.

I can always buy it and throw the vouchers away and rebuy the games that I want to own, but that doesn't feel good :(
I just wouldn't know what to do with the voucher argh

Jun 23, 2019
WhatYearIsIt.gif

Seriously, Black Friday is so much more relaxing these last few years because all shopping can be completed online before Friday. If I choose to go out Friday, it's normally just to browse and people watch.

I'm the type of guy who'd rather get the game in hand on Friday than wait in the mail.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm thinking of getting a Ryzen 7 3700x/rtx 2070 super or i79700k/rtx 2070 super build from cyber power with their 3 year warranty for 1500-1600. Thoughts?

Oct 27, 2017
My big struggle is that I want to get PS VR but I do NOT want the five games bundle because the games are digital.

I can always buy it and throw the vouchers away and rebuy the games that I want to own, but that doesn't feel good :(
I just wouldn't know what to do with the voucher argh
It's 5 free games, why wouldn't you just take them? I get people like physical but like why would you go spend a bunch of money just because you don't want them digital? They are fucking free lol

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 free games, why wouldn't you just take them? I get people like physical but like why would you go spend a bunch of money just because you don't want them digital? They are fucking free lol
I wouldn't take them even if they were free. Hell, I wouldn't take them even if I were paid for it, unless the amount was the same or higher than the physical version so I'd buy that instead.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I wouldn't take them even if they were free. Hell, I wouldn't take them even if I were paid for it, unless the amount was the same or higher than the physical version so I'd buy that instead.

Having vr games digitally is much much better then having them on disc. Having to take off the headset between games is annoying as hell. Not sure why you're so against it. Hell, redeem the games and then buy the disc versions. That way you can have both. Or just sell the voucher to someone and use that money to buy some of the physical copies.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Having vr games digitally is much much better then having them on disc. Having to take off the headset between games is annoying as hell. Not sure why you're so against it. Hell, redeem the games and then buy the disc versions. That way you can have both. Or just sell the voucher to someone and use that money to buy some of the physical copies.
I was thinking about selling the vouchers but not sure anyone would take it. Alas

Also the slight inconvenience of changing disks is nothing compared to the inconvenience of not having the games on my shelves for me!

Oct 27, 2017
So these early black Friday sale prices are just the prices and not the actual full black Friday deal?

e.g. The target xbox one x black friday deal is supposed to be $350 with gears of war 5 and a $40 target gift card. Right now for the early black friday price the bundle is $350 but I don't see any mention of the $40 gift card. The sale ends on Wednesday. Does that mean the only way to get the gift card is to wait for the official black Friday sale?

edit: just got off of support chat with target and they said it's only for the in-store purchase.

Last edited:

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if it's been asked already, but will anyone have any deals on Xbox or PSN cards? I'm eyeing a bunch of stuff on there, but debating on whether to go ahead and buy them now, or wait and see if I can get some cheap credit.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Just picked up Persona Q2 for $20. Feel like this will be difficult to find in the future. Probably won't find a better price on it.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Picked up new Switch for $303 including taxes via Google Shopping, it ships from BB. Coupon : NOVSAVE19 for $20 off.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

Is the bundle at Gamestop? They make sure that any bundle is physical games. When I bought my PS4 years ago they were the only one who put in a physical copy of the Nathan Drake Collection. Not sure if they still have this policy though.

Feb 1, 2018
Just got that $349 X1X jedi bundle from Amazon. I got a decent trade-in value for my S + had some extra gift card credit sitting around so pulled the trigger for a low net cost. Will be a fun ~18 months before I jump to Scarlett

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I've never played a Persona game before. Thinking of getting Persona 5. Is there any other game like it that I can compare it to?

Persona has social links kind of like the way you do friendship support levels in Fire Emblem, but it's so much better in Persona 5. It's worth it, it's a 10/10 game almost all the way through and the story is so damn good. I just finished it 3-4 days ago after 76 hours of gameplay. Also, don't be afraid to put it on Easy if you have to during the ending portions cause the ending sequence is a little hard but trust me, the ride is so damn good and so damn worth it. If you get it, enjoy!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Persona game before. Thinking of getting Persona 5. Is there any other game like it that I can compare it to?
persona 4 and persona 3 :P

less smart ass answer. Pokemon.

The persona games are a lot like pokemon games in a lot of ways. You go through the game convincing a ton of demons to fight with you, these demons have elemental advantages and disadvantages and exploiting such things is the best way to do combat. There are over 200 persona to eventually have access to. Unlike Pokemon it's really hard to take your starting persona and continue to use it. Most of them are designed to only really be used for 10 levels as after that they stop unlocking new abilities. Though plenty are good enough to keep using beyond their level.

That being said there aren't random encounters in persona 5 you can avoid most things if you want.
There is a large story to persona 5 with mature themes.
There is somewhat of a dating/life sim aspect to it which rewards you with ability and power upgrades where you get to explore the stories of other characters in the game. Personally I often rushed through the dungeons to get back to my social links :P

so it's not like it's just pokemon, but in general I like to describe the persona series as pokemon designed for adults.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Persona has social links kind of like the way you do friendship support levels in Fire Emblem, but it's so much better in Persona 5. It's worth it, it's a 10/10 game almost all the way through and the story is so damn good. I just finished it 3-4 days ago after 76 hours of gameplay. Also, don't be afraid to put it on Easy if you have to during the ending portions cause the ending sequence is a little hard but trust me, the ride is so damn good and so damn worth it. If you get it, enjoy!
persona 4 and persona 3 :P

less smart ass answer. Pokemon.

The persona games are a lot like pokemon games in a lot of ways. You go through the game convincing a ton of demons to fight with you, these demons have elemental advantages and disadvantages and exploiting such things is the best way to do combat. There are over 200 persona to eventually have access to. Unlike Pokemon it's really hard to take your starting persona and continue to use it. Most of them are designed to only really be used for 10 levels as after that they stop unlocking new abilities. Though plenty are good enough to keep using beyond their level.

That being said there aren't random encounters in persona 5 you can avoid most things if you want.
There is a large story to persona 5 with mature themes.
There is somewhat of a dating/life sim aspect to it which rewards you with ability and power upgrades where you get to explore the stories of other characters in the game. Personally I often rushed through the dungeons to get back to my social links :P

so it's not like it's just pokemon, but in general I like to describe the persona series as pokemon designed for adults.
Thank you to both. I will definitely get P5.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One controller + wireless adapter for W10 is $45 on Amazon. Wondering if it's just a better experience than using a DS4 + bluetooth as I've been doing.