• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping that once you beat the 'stories' for a character that every blue rectangle turns into a checkpoint. Because not only are there hardlocks from progress locks until you do something, there are also seemingly evidence locks and also path locks when if you don't do a path before doing something it now doesn't let you because you have enough info or it's an alternate start point.

Mar 22, 2020
Absolutely addicted to the game. Kamitami and Vanillaware once again delivered. My only regret was that this wasn't released for the Vita. Would have been a nice game for a handheld.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bqddZ2B.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. Really fantastic and should be in GOTY talks. I'm trying to decide if it's the best game of the year for me over FFVIIR but it's kind of hard to decide.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
when does the story start to click? i just finished everyone's prologue and the story almost makes sense but there's enough weird shit going on where i'm completely lost if that makes sense
Can't speak for everyone but for me it was
the start of Miura's route
but for me, the mystery was more about the details rather than the broad strokes.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The more I play the game the more I keep reacting like:
tenor.gif

AgonizingGoodCornsnake-small.gif

This game has the most mind fuckery I have ever experienced. I love it!

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean the mystery files mostly exist to summarize the stuff you've already learned in the game in a concise way, they rarely provide any actual new info and when they do it's typically just flavor stuff that isn't necessary to understand anything
For real. I just got to a part earlier tonight that had me like:

giphy.gif

I also like how they get dished out every 5 to 10 min, not prolonged mysteries that only get resolved at the end. Really like the structure of this game so far.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
when does the story start to click? i just finished everyone's prologue and the story almost makes sense but there's enough weird shit going on where i'm completely lost if that makes sense
since you specified story click as in 'starts to be enjoyable' I'll throw in my two cents that many of the first seven's prologues are fairly standard fair. Hell a few of the early new people you can get are also not particularly interesting but as you unlock more you start being introduced to more and more system and story beats.

My suggestion to enjoy the story is start to get a particular character as far as you can before a lock of whatever kind. I think many of the main 7's plot lines start to click at the 30% and greater completion count, with some closer to 50%. As you start to clear the 30% plot point of many of them you start to unlock more and more characters.

The other 6 characters because you only unlock them essentially as you reach the initial locks, their plot lines start faster because they don't need to witthold information or start from zero.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Just went through a lot of Tomi, did not expect that much to be revealed. Wasn't expecting her to be that integral. Love the way her walk is animated.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm really hoping that once you beat the 'stories' for a character that every blue rectangle turns into a checkpoint. Because not only are there hardlocks from progress locks until you do something, there are also seemingly evidence locks and also path locks when if you don't do a path before doing something it now doesn't let you because you have enough info or it's an alternate start point.
Ran into my first example of this with a character earlier. Went to the Cafeteria, watched a cutscene, foolishly got a keyword that unlocked another path, and then couldn't go back and get the other route from the cafeteria. Luckily with the fast forward and stuff it was easy to get back, but this and another scene really grinded my gears today. Game's still fantastic otherwise though.

There's a scene with three girls eating that restarts if you go to a cat, or talk to the wrong person in the wrong order, or break the script in any way and it drove me nuts trying to figure out how to get through it earlier. I was trying to listen to everyone and kept getting thrown into weird loops.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
since you specified story click as in 'starts to be enjoyable' I'll throw in my two cents that many of the first seven's prologues are fairly standard fair. Hell a few of the early new people you can get are also not particularly interesting but as you unlock more you start being introduced to more and more system and story beats.

My suggestion to enjoy the story is start to get a particular character as far as you can before a lock of whatever kind. I think many of the main 7's plot lines start to click at the 30% and greater completion count, with some closer to 50%. As you start to clear the 30% plot point of many of them you start to unlock more and more characters.

The other 6 characters because you only unlock them essentially as you reach the initial locks, their plot lines start faster because they don't need to witthold information or start from zero.
yup, just got done playing for a longer session (4.5 hrs in now) and i'm invested in the characters now i can differentiate them.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Having just cleared Ryoko Shinonome...

I'd found myself wondering before how she would end up recovering to fight in the final battle. And man, the reveal that she just didn't get better but instead knows nothing but how to pilot a sentinel hit hard. I immediately realized that I'd attributed her always tutorializing everything to the team to her experience compared to the others, but it's because that's all that's left of her? Holy shit.

The final hours of this are some crazy shit.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really hope this does decently enough to lead to more games like it. The way it's presented is way more engaging than a standard visual novel.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Been having a lot of fun with this and I'm usually not a huge VN fan. The story has been really compelling from the get go for me.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thought TLOU2 would be my last PS4 game and was almost ready to sell the console now but as a fan of VN and time travel sci-fi stories I had to pick this game up as soon as possible.

I'm only 5 hours in but I can already tell it was the right decision. I love the story and I love the strategy parts so far. Just did the Keitaro prologue and I'm excited for more.

Can echo the sentiments in this thread that it feels similar to Dark.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love just how integrated the adventure and strategy parts are narratively. So fucking good.
But only did the prologue for Renya Gouto and his immediate 1st lock is laughable, feels like it's gonna be all end game godanm.
You expect anything less from the senpai? Shame on you.😂
Just went through a lot of Tomi, did not expect that much to be revealed. Wasn't expecting her to be that integral. Love the way her walk is animated.
I love her little pointing pose. It always makes me chuckle.
Can echo the sentiments in this thread that it feels similar to Dark.
What's Dark?

May 24, 2019
Not that I don't enjoy it, but I'm avoiding doing the combat for as long as possible. I bet I'll be roadblocked in the story and have to do eight hours of it to proceed.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Love the combat system, simple yet deeply satisfying. Nothing better than putting a minefield under a wave of enemies just before they land and then finishing them off with a barrage of missiles.
A TV show based on time travel that has a lot of "you know that cute girl you just kissed? Well, she's your grandma!" stuff going on

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
Are there any rewards/content/trophies tied to gameplay difficulty? Thinking I might just go through this on casual

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Given it's a bit of a niche title do people think this will get more difficult to get a hold of at some point? Can currently get a copy for £31 which seems like a bargain.

I fully intended to not pick up anything this month / before next gen releases however this game had me super intrigued.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Given it's a bit of a niche title do people think this will get more difficult to get a hold of at some point? Can currently get a copy for £31 which seems like a bargain.

I fully intended to not pick up anything this month / before next gen releases however this game had me super intrigued.
I suspect it'll be easy to get cheaper in a few months. Like Sakura Wars.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Is there a list of what the max upgrade level is for every skill?

There's a lot of info on here:

samurai-gamers.com

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - Walkthrough and Guide – SAMURAI GAMERS

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim video game guide page containing main story remembrance walkthroughs, wave battle strategy guides, character unit information, sentinel mech guides, best pilot combinations, best weapon gear armaments, best meta skills, kaiju deimos enemy information, post-game...

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Hello. Very interested in this game.

Do you think the physical version of this game (I am in the US) will become rare? (i.e. should I purchase a copy of this game now, despite not being able to play it until sometime next year?)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
When im 17 hours in and thought ive cracked the games plot and where its going and then :
tenor.gif

Yeah there so much moment ,like ok now i think i get what going on..... then.... i'm lost again..... does it ever going to just give me a big resume of what going on sometimes ? Having a hard time to care about all this if i'm always lost.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there so much moment ,like ok now i think i get what going on..... then.... i'm lost again..... does it ever going to just give me a big resume of what going on sometimes ? Having a hard time to care about all this if i'm always lost.
That has to be why they have provided us a whole in-game wiki, I almost feel like im taking an exam sometimes when i keep going back to read up on stuff haha.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I'm not sure where you are compared to me, but I got to a part about 70% through one character's story last night and I was like, "EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE?!"
Its so hard to pin point where everyone is because of how you can flip-flop between game modes and characters in an instant. Its kinda insteresting how many potential different runs people are having.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I don't enjoy it, but I'm avoiding doing the combat for as long as possible. I bet I'll be roadblocked in the story and have to do eight hours of it to proceed.
I was avoiding them too and you do actually reach a point the game locks you from progressing until you progress battles and use the points obtained to get mysteries unlocked.

I will say I'm fairly average on strategy titles as a whole, even more so on tower defense, and on normal difficulty I've been blazing through.

Oct 25, 2017
I was avoiding them too and you do actually reach a point the game locks you from progressing until you progress battles and use the points obtained to get mysteries unlocked.

I will say I'm fairly average on strategy titles as a whole, even more so on tower defense, and on normal difficulty I've been blazing through.

There's really not much of a point in starting the game on anything other than Intense, and turning it down later if it gets to be too much. I didn't even lose a mech until 3-2, and then immediately lost the battle due to a pilot death in the same insane missile volley that was about to take out the core.

I really do dig the battle system, and plan on going through all of the bonus battles or whatever this is eventually. Really fun stuff that could easily support a longer game.

Mar 11, 2020
There's really not much of a point in starting the game on anything other than Intense, and turning it down later if it gets to be too much. I didn't even lose a mech until 3-2, and then immediately lost the battle due to a pilot death in the same insane missile volley that was about to take out the core.

I really do dig the battle system, and plan on going through all of the bonus battles or whatever this is eventually. Really fun stuff that could easily support a longer game.

Just so you know about the bonus battles

They are seemingly infinite, but someone apparently in Japan spent like 400 hours doing them all, they go up to 9999

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just so you know about the bonus battles

They are seemingly infinite, but someone apparently in Japan spent like 400 hours doing them all, they go up to 9999

That sounds insane. Does anything get unlocked after that? Reminds me of old NES games where games seemingly have infinite levels