• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I had so much trouble getting the game here in Mexico but now I just have to wait.. do we have a newbie tip guide or something to avoid? I saw very little since I liked some comments over here also the OT title influenced me a little if true

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I was super hyped to ply 13 sentinels, but I made the poor decision to start Ff14 about two and a half weeks ago and got high key addicted. Definitely planning on playing soon though, and will be keeping an eye on the thread for impressions. Hope to hear more good things!
lol I'm in this same exact boat. Started playing FFXIV with the new and improved free trial. Currently towards the end of Stormblood. I preordered this game but I think I'm going to wait until I finish Shadowbringers to play. I unfortunately can't juggle games to save my life and I always end up dropping one. Nice to have something to look forward to, though. Game sounds great.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of those people that really misses actual game manuals, but the one included in-game is really excellent, and should be the standard.

Accessible in-game, with an intro, illustrations, and a proper layout, full colour and it doesn't just open your web browser. Love it.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently my order is stuck at UPS and Amazon says it's out for delivery but UPS says it's just sitting at the warehouse.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm tepidly interested in this but have many reservations. How bad is the fanservice aside from the obvious? How important are girls/women to the story and their depictions? The main cast is split 50/50 but that doesn't mean every character will be give the same amount of focus or importance.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
I'm tepidly interested in this but have many reservations. How bad is the fanservice aside from the obvious? How important are girls/women to the story and their depictions? The main cast is split 50/50 but that doesn't mean every character will be give the same amount of focus or importance.

So far the fanservice-y stuff was pretty mild and pretty concentrated at the beginning prologues. I would say honestly so far at least character focus and importance is pretty well balanced for at least the 4-5 hours I've played. I totally get having concerns with this having gross anime vibes and I'm pretty impressed with them telling a fairly bizarre story without the bad sort of tropes they could use.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the list of people whose Amazon copy is stuck in UPS hell right now. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow I guess.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
My Amazon copy arrived via UPS this afternoon with artbook no problem in Chicago.
Don't know if it matters, but I preordered the first day it was available.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 6 hours in and the fan service is mostly front-loaded. It's not always present, but it does pop up now and again. It's not all naked girls in robots moaning, most of the robot pilot portraits are very mild, and there's really only one scene towards the start that is real rough. The girls are handled pretty well, but it is hit or miss. Out of the main female characters so far (maybe 7?), I'd say 5 are good to great, 1 is on the line, and 1 is a little oof.
It goes between having great female representation and having its issues for sure, but I think some of the comments on it have blown it out of proportion.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
is gamestop supposed to deliver the game by launch? cuz they sure as hell didn't lol

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did 3 prologues, loving it so far. Okino owning Takatoshi is funny as hell and sweet, too. As people have said, things move pretty fast, which is great!

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered to get the art book. Shipped to me without the art book. Meh...

Nearly through the prologue, which is still lengthy enough. Nice pace to the story to the extent that I wouldn't mind if it went a tad slower, as it jumps about a lot. Vanillaware's art in HD is a sight to behold on an OLED -- really beautiful environments and top class animation.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm 6 hours in and the fan service is mostly front-loaded. It's not always present, but it does pop up now and again. It's not all naked girls in robots moaning, most of the robot pilot portraits are very mild, and there's really only one scene towards the start that is real rough. The girls are handled pretty well, but it is hit or miss. Out of the main female characters so far (maybe 7?), I'd say 5 are good to great, 1 is on the line, and 1 is a little oof.
It goes between having great female representation and having its issues for sure, but I think some of the comments on it have blown it out of proportion.
Is Yuki one of the better girls? She's my main draw to the game, besides mecha. >_>

Does the rough scene involve Iori? She seems like the flagship girl, seeing as how she was the focus of that creepy JPN PS4 theme.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
You're welcome!

Just make sure to read the goals before each combat mission, some require certain team compositions. You'll need S ranks to unlock certain glossary items.

Gotcha, thanks!

Also, I finished the tutorial part, I can now choose between combat missions and adventure mode, any recommended order? Should I just swap between both modes randomly? 🤔

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha, thanks!

Also, I finished the tutorial part, I can now choose between combat missions and adventure mode, any recommended order? Should I just swap between the 2 modes randomly? 🤔
You'll occasionally get locked out of someone's story until you clear a specific combat mission, and vice versa. I'd say just go between the two at your own pace as much as possible. I played the combat missions in large chunks and burned myself out

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
You'll occasionally get locked out of someone's story until you clear a specific combat mission, and vice versa. I'd say just go between the two at your own pace as much as possible. I played the combat missions in large chunks and burned myself out

Yeah I can see that, i'm not a huge fan of the combat missions :P
Guess I'll just do what the game did in the tutorial part, play a story part -> do a combat mission, repeat.

Thanks!

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Is Yuki one of the better girls? She's my main draw to the game, besides mecha. >_>

Does the rough scene involve Iori? She seems like the flagship girl, seeing as how she was the focus of that creepy JPN PS4 theme.
I don't know what scene that poster was referencing but about 10 hours in and I can safely say Yuki is one of the best characters so far.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4 hours in and done with the tutorial/prologue. Game is badass. Combat tentatively seems fun, so I went with the harder difficulty. Will be fun to see how that plays out

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
When did you preorder the game? Just curious, because I preordered mine on August 21 but it hasn't been shipped yet.

On the 2nd of August, so plenty early, I would think. Still, likely just an issue with where I ordered it from (Gamestop in Ireland), so I'd imagine most people who buy elsewhere will be fine.

Selane

Oct 27, 2017
God damn this game is polished. Want to switch between English and Japanese mid-conversation? Launch game, get to title screen, load save file, begin playing in less than ten seconds total? Rewatch an old segment and resume exactly where you are without losing any progress whatsoever?

I'm one of those people that really misses actual game manuals, but the one included in-game is really excellent, and should be the standard.

Accessible in-game, with an intro, illustrations, and a proper layout, full colour and it doesn't just open your web browser. Love it.

Also this, etc.

Edit: One of the best things about the manual is the character list at the beginning, so you can use it as a reference chart if you forget someone's name or whatever.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to get back to the Cafeteria once you find out where Amaguchi is in Jiro's plotline?

It's automatically redirecting me to there when I still have a locked node in the cafeteria.

Oct 28, 2017
God damn it really early in the game but there's some real adventure game logic in this. It took me like 30 minutes of looping dialogue to figure out how to feed a cat.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
About 2 minutes into the game.

*looks at back of box*

"Partial Nudity"

Well, they weren't kidding. I think only Kill la Kill IF managed to showcase its reason for its rating quicker.

Also WOAH, you can actually adjust the timing of the auto-advance? I didn't think that feature could get any better, but this is super nice to have as someone who tries to use it whenever possible.