• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
i want to play it but ugh i have soooo many RPGs to burn through first and I'm -still- not done with DQ11

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Put odin sphere back on sale you cowards, I fucked up and bought the vita version years ago and want to play it on a tv

Definitely hope this sale inspires more people to pick this up tho, incredible presentation and scale.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Side note, Judgment is also $19.99

Judgment

From the team that brought you the critically acclaimed Yakuza series comes Judgment, a gritty tale of disgraced attorney Takayuki Yagami in his quest for redemption. Haunted by his past, he takes up arms as a private detective, clawing his way through Kamurocho’s underground crime network to...

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Bought this for my wife for Christmas. She powered through it so quickly, said it was amazing.

Caught some parts of it and it looked really good, seems like the story is very well woven and there is a TON of it, a lot more than there are the battles for anyone wondering.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Is this a SEGA publisher sale?
I havent played it yet but everyones talking about it, surprised about that price cut.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this! Watching all those physical box sales has been torturous.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Good price. I was considering buying it last week out of boredom, but eventually decided not to. With $25 in credit on my PSN account already, this will make it only cost 5 bucks. Hard to pass that up.

Nov 27, 2017
I ordered a physical copy from Best Buy and it was supposed to be ready for store pickup on 12/31. Then I got a notice that it was delayed and they're working on getting it to me, but if they can't get it by 1/14, they'll cancel my order. Maybe they ran out of stock? I'm not optimistic that I'll get it.

I guess it's good that this sale goes on until 1/20, so I can wait and see if I actually get it.

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN

Judgment

From the team that brought you the critically acclaimed Yakuza series comes Judgment, a gritty tale of disgraced attorney Takayuki Yagami in his quest for redemption. Haunted by his past, he takes up arms as a private detective, clawing his way through Kamurocho’s underground crime network to...

Oh hell yeah, thank you for the heads up!

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
I don't get why in Europe it costs 40 Euros.

Like if it is due to the VAT... 30*0.21 (here in Spain) = 36.3 so I don't know.

I'll wait and will buy it physic

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Will my distaste for the art- style sour my experience with the game?
Considering this is primarily an adventure game where you'll be spending hours upon hours controlling and looking at characters in said artstyle, pretty sure?

I just don't bother buying or playing games with art direction I don't like, but that's me (a problem that personally didn't apply to me with this).

logash

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought it physically for the same price weeks ago from Best Buy but I have yet to receive it because USPS is so backed up. Kind of wish I could cancel it and just purchase it digitally...

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, very tempting! I missed getting a discounted physical copy in Canada around Christmas.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Asked previously but I didn't get an answer, I like VNs and JRPGs and RTS games but thought that Vanillaware's games sucked so far. Will I like this?

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Asked previously but I didn't get an answer, I like VNs and JRPGs and RTS games but thought that Vanillaware's games sucked so far. Will I like this?

Okay, I usually don't respond to things like this because opinions are so subjective, but Vanillaware makes incredible games. What gave you the opinion they put out sub-par products?

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the exact same boat and I hated it.

While I didn't hate it, I really abhor how it tells it's story. I'm about 6 hours in and nothing is forming or hitting me like most people on here say it would. Maybe I didn't get far enough, but I clearly didn't get what everyone here sees in it.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good game, buy it.

Judgment

Finished Judgment literally minutes ago. Good game, buy it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Okay, I usually don't respond to things like this because opinions are so subjective, but Vanillaware makes incredible games. What gave you the opinion they put out sub-par products?
I played Dragon's Crown and it was terrible. People compared it to Golden Axe and boy was that insult to Golden Axe. Muramasa was more tolerable but I still dropped it after two hours.

Looking through their wiki it seems Odin Sphere was their only game to review well enough for incredible to be used?

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
Keep hearing this game's name on Reserera, decide to google it to see what it is.... annnnnnd looks like it's a typical Japanese game with underage characters. No thanks.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Well worth it I'd say, even without an interest in RTS games on my part (those parts not making up much of the gameplay and pausing when selecting actions has helped quite a bit).

I kind of struggle to call it an RTS, since the game is paused when you give orders. Feels more like a turn based game where you give orders to your units and then watch the outcome.

I played Dragon's Crown and it was terrible. People compared it to Golden Axe and boy was that insult to Golden Axe. Muramasa was more tolerable but I still dropped it after two hours.

Looking through their wiki it seems Odin Sphere was their only game to review well enough for incredible to be used?

13 Sentinels plays nothing like their other games. DC and OS are side scrollers, 13 Sentinels is a visual novel with some combat duct-taped to it (or vice versa, depending on how much you enjoy it).

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I didn't hate it, I really abhor how it tells it's story. I'm about 6 hours in and nothing is forming or hitting me like most people on here say it would. Maybe I didn't get far enough, but I clearly didn't get what everyone here sees in it.
It takes longer than that. Things really start connecting once you get around 50% completion for each character.