• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Revealed during Honda Head2Head Twitch stream to a hostile chat only there for the Civic. It looks like the Civic team copied the Accord's homework and changed a few answers. It gives me some 5th gen Civic vibes if that car had to be stretched out for modern safety standards. There will still be a hatchback and a Type R but the coupe is dead and Si is MIA. I'm glad to see the fake vents and plastic bits gone from the 10th gen but part of me will miss the boyracer tuner vibe it gave off. Prepare to see thousands of them Spring 2021.
2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-120.jpg

2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-124.jpg

2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-127.jpg

more images: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2022-honda-civic-sedan-prototype-reveal/18/

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Pre-teens and high schoolers, the perfect target audience for a 2022 prototype, fully-priced car.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
This definitely looks like the older generation of civic then the current one. The rear definitely looks better. I think Europe will probably get a different looking model since they like hatchbacks there.

Jun 17, 2018
I dig it. I have the 10th gen Civic, this definitely looks like a step up. My guess is the base msrp will go up as well lol.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I like it, especially from the side. Front is fine, rear is kinda eh.

I wanna see it in some other colours.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Something about the flat front from the side view is off. It's not very sporty looking at all. I need to see the coupe

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty uninspired design, TBH. Front of an old Accord, side profile of a 3-series, and rear end of a Hyundai/Kia. I think losing any distinctive rear end is what seals it as being boring. 10th gen had a bit of character with the rear lights, love it or hate it (but really, if you hate it, so many of the past few gens before it were even worse).

The side profile, because it looks so BMW, makes it seem more upscale, which is cool I guess.

Toyota taking risks with the Corolla design while Honda is trying to be even more milquetoast is a really weird thing to see.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
I see a bit of Camry in the front and a bit of BMW in the side profile.

Borderline generic with just enough stylish elements to keep it from looking ugly. I'm sure that's exactly what they were going for.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It looks like a straight up cross between my current 2018 Civic EX-T coupe and my old 2012 Accord EX-L coupe. It's like they swapped parts between them but made it more American muscle car-lish in the front then added a few doors.

I think Honda these past ten years have been trying to find a sweet spot between their sports cars and sedans and basically admitting people will buy a larger Civic.

Oct 31, 2017
Personally, it's OK. I quite liked the look of the last Civic model honestly, and I didn't really care much for the Accord's wider, more flat aesthetic and now the Civic has brought over those design notes. It probably still looks a bit better than the Accord, but moving it closer to the Accord in look/feel is a bit of a downgrade for me honestly.

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a mash of a Lexus GS, older Hyundai Sonata from the back, and BMW side profile. Front looks like typical Honda Accord.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the European Civic'll just be this but a hatchback, or if they'll go with a completely different design again?

No way this'd sell here as it is--the saloon/sedan is basically dead outside of the luxury marques.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I guess mine is 9th gen, I like 10th gen better. This isn't horrible though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jwhit28

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the European Civic'll just be this but a hatchback, or if they'll go with a completely different design again?

No way this'd sell here as it is--the saloon is basically dead outside of the luxury marques.
There is definitely a hatchback coming. People got photos of a Type R hatchback being tested.
2022-honda-civic-type-r-spied-front-1590162904.jpg

2022-honda-civic-type-r-spied-rear-1590163689.jpg

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we're at the point where all of the smaller sedans are full sized sedans and full sized sedans are now plus sized sedans.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Just give me a new 2door Accord please. Drive a 2008 2door Accord right now and would buy a new model immediately if they make them in 2door again.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a new 2door Accord please. Drive a 2008 2door Accord right now and would buy a new model immediately if they make them in 2door again.

Coupes aren't coming back anytime soon. Civic Coupe was just phased out. Accord has been a sales disappointment despite being the best it has ever been.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 2019 Type R and while it's not too heavy (FWD saves a lot of weight over the AWD competitors) it's already too big. This new gen looks even bigger. I wish we'd get a Type R coupe instead of these big-ass sedans and fastbacks.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Minimalist retro interior is nice apart from the stuck on screen:
2022-honda-civic-prototype-109-1605545974.jpg
dang, reminds me of my 6th gen hatchback i got in high school. im diggin the overall looks though, i think it looks pretty good. but prototype so....
you didnt like the '13-'17 body style? i thought they were pretty good looking, and honda made them available with a V6 and 6MT all the way up until the end.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
you didnt like the '13-'17 body style? i thought they were pretty good looking, and honda made them available with a V6 and 6MT all the way up until the end.
Oh i love those, just wasn't in the market for a new car until earlier this year, and i have a horrible habit of only buying the newest toys when they're still the newest option.

That said, i dream of finding a 2017 in like 10 to 15 years to have as a "project" car i can work on and restore. Ahh what a fantasy lol

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Nice! I like it. I drive a red gen 6, and this one looks just like a really futuristic version of my car.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Its so big. Though all cars are getting big unfortunately.

I wonder if it will still have the 1.5T engine where gas leaks into the crankcase.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So dang big. I wish we could have smaller cars that are easy to see out of and still safe.

It's the same size externally as the outgoing model except the wheelbase is an inch longer.

Americans just don't buy subcompact cars in any appreciable amount anymore, so there's very little market for them.