• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Big starts can easily fizzle out if it doesn't keep audiences interested and excited. The critics who have seen more, mostly don't really seem to like it that much. Of course, that might not matter. But the signs aren't all that good.

They saw 1 extra episode than us, 2/9 so no not really, plus critics arent even always what the genera consensus thinks about shows. There are plenty of shows out there that were reviewed poorly but ended up have tons of seasons.

Lmao, people can't just let a thing have a moment. Have to be negative about literally everything, some of you are exhausting.

The very first comment lmao, reminds me of the game pass only has X amount of users because of the $1 deal.

Jinsaryko

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of trolling going on in here for a show putting up good viewership numbers is sad. Can we not be petty console warriors for one day and just say "cool" and move on?

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
My parents are getting a trial to watch the premiere lol. They love sci fi stuff and I'm not even sure they realize it's related to a videogame.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Good for Halo. Thought Schreiber did really well in American Gods, he could do a lot with this role if they give it time.

Is this likely a result of the Paramount+ total subs number also being at an all-time high as they're now about a year or so from fully merging their content and starting to push sub deals? Yes, and so much like Netflix, D+ etc., these announcements should be taken with that grain of salt.

But given that: being a new release that sets the new watermark, even if topped shortly down the road as the service continues to grow, is a noteworthy achievement. More than that, its the kind of start a show needs to get things like "season 2" and "a bigger budget" approved.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Its a brand new streaming service that is very very dry. And Halo is essentially its first show of this size.

It would be astonishing if Halo didn't set a record.

Paramont+ isn't long for this world.

This is a complete fabrication. Paramount+ has been around since 2014 (CBS All Access).

They just finished the 4th season of Star Trek Discovery. The 2nd season of Picard. And they're starting a Discovery spinoff called Star Trek Strange New Worlds in a month. They have over 30M subscribers.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm sure Viacom is hoping Halo has similar success to Star Trek so they could have two marquee Sci-Fi series. Plus, spin-offs would be a no brainer in the Halo universe.

I wasn't blown away by the premiere but it was above average tv.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
More than that, its the kind of start a show needs to get things like "season 2" and "a bigger budget" approved.

Well it did get a season 2 confirmed way before it even aired.

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Series Season 2 Confirmed

<p>In advance of the debut of the Halo television series on March 24, Paramount+ has confirmed that the show has been renewed for a second season! We’re excited to say that Season 1 of the upcoming series featuring Pablo Schreiber as our hero the Master Chief Spartan-117, Natascha McElhone as...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for it, but that 2nd half just fully took me out of caring sadly. Hope those who enjoy it get a good ride out of it

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy for it, but that 2nd half just fully took me out of caring sadly. Hope those who enjoy it get a good ride out of it

They AGGRESSIVELY are trying to make the entire cast unlikable. When Halsey, HALSEY OF ALL PEOPLE, is your moral compass, you have major problems.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They AGGRESSIVELY are trying to make the entire cast unlikable. When Halsey, HALSEY OF ALL PEOPLE, is your moral compass, you have major problems.
Well that goes into my issues with the 2nd half, it was just a bunch of mustache twiriling and nonsenacal forced actions to lead to a plot that could have probably gotten there naturally had they just taken the time to lead to things rather than speed run.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Beating out 1883 is a way bigger deal. I've never watched Yellowstone but the show has a massive following.

I havn't watched 1883 yet but after how they handled season 4 of Yellowstone. Good. I hope any show they spin off from it spectacularly fails (Sam Elliott rules though.) I'm not sure I ever went from so high on a show in its first two seasons too so low within the last couple.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Never played Halo games (maybe total 15 minutes) so no clue about the lore of outside what I saw in headlines for the games. Then I read some critics reviews of the first episode and saw how poorly it did. Thinking how bad can it be so I watched it and loved, loved it. Can't wait for more.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Never played Halo games (maybe total 15 minutes) so no clue about the lore of outside what I saw in headlines for the games. Then I read some critics reviews of the first episode and saw how poorly it did. Thinking how bad can it be so I watched it and loved, loved it. Can't wait for more.

They're not following the games anyway, so you don't have to worry about that.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
(Sam Elliott rules though.)

OIP.leEImZtv_E_4UVfyl022kwHaFE

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. So the only competition are the truly truly terrible Alex Kurtzman Star Trek shows. In that case its still not a notable feat at all.

Doesn't matter what your opinion on the shows are- Trek has been doing great for Paramount on P+. And 1883 is huge for them.

This forum can be genuinely embarrassing at times.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Is he a "bad" guy or do you not like him? Like did he do some deplorable shit I'm not aware of?

He's a sensitive baby.

www.resetera.com

Sam Elliott Slams ‘Power of the Dog’ as ‘Piece of S—,’ Criticizes Its ‘Allusions of Homosexuality’

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/sam-elliot-slams-the-power-of-the-dog-homosexuality-1235192840/ Can't say that I'm surprised at all, but it's been a minute since I've seen an actor be so overwhelmingly transparent with their bigotry before. This is some John Wayne levels of bigoted...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, people can't just let a thing have a moment. Have to be negative about literally everything, some of you are exhausting.

Happy for the team, hoping for a larger budget for the next show now that Halo has established some ground within TV. I think alot of the nervousness was how they'd form look, feel and narrative, it is what it is now, go wild with the second season.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
He's a sensitive baby.

www.resetera.com

Sam Elliott Slams ‘Power of the Dog’ as ‘Piece of S—,’ Criticizes Its ‘Allusions of Homosexuality’

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/sam-elliot-slams-the-power-of-the-dog-homosexuality-1235192840/ Can't say that I'm surprised at all, but it's been a minute since I've seen an actor be so overwhelmingly transparent with their bigotry before. This is some John Wayne levels of bigoted...

Bummer =(

(Please Keanu Reeves... Be a good guy.. Please man.)

Oct 25, 2017
Is this likely a result of the Paramount+ total subs number also being at an all-time high as they're now about a year or so from fully merging their content and starting to push sub deals? Yes, and so much like Netflix, D+ etc., these announcements should be taken with that grain of salt.
This is also the first P+ exclusive for every country outside US, as the service only launched in 2021 in Australia, New Zealand and Nordics (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark).

Although here in Finland Paramount+ has been absolutely embarrassing. They forgot to launch it on the day it was supposed to, and then decided to withhold Star Trek Discovery S4 for no reason (after pulling it from Netflix!) until the cast and crew complained to executives about it.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Star Trek dominates Paramount Plus in terms of content and viewership. ST: Discovery is the top-rated show on P+, even surpassing Yellowstone. But I suspect that Halo will eventually beat it out.

If Halo keeps on going like this, then it'll no doubt lead to other spin-offs.
I don't see any conceivable way a Halo tv show would beat a Trek show unless the show had excellent writing and pulled in non-halo fans. I obviously hope Halo can deliver because more good sci fi on tv is always welcome, but the first episode was not good.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Big starts can easily fizzle out if it doesn't keep audiences interested and excited. The critics who have seen more, mostly don't really seem to like it that much. Of course, that might not matter. But the signs aren't all that good.
It has 61% on RT so that's just not true.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite the last few games not being on par with the franchise history. Halo is still a massive powerhouse. This isn't a surprise. I enjoyed the first episode and I'm very happy this show finally came together.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Good for Halo. Thought Schreiber did really well in American Gods, he could do a lot with this role if they give it time.

But given that: being a new release that sets the new watermark, even if topped shortly down the road as the service continues to grow, is a noteworthy achievement. More than that, its the kind of start a show needs to get things like "season 2" and "a bigger budget" approved.

What do you mean 'fully merging their content?'

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I havn't watched 1883 yet but after how they handled season 4 of Yellowstone. Good. I hope any show they spin off from it spectacularly fails (Sam Elliott rules though.) I'm not sure I ever went from so high on a show in its first two seasons too so low within the last couple.
I never really liked Yellowstone, first season was fine but progressively gets worse but I thought Mayor of Kingstown and 1883 were much more interesting shows. Same Elliott stuff is disappointing.

Halo performance seems great.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Paramount is surprisingly good for my tastes and there's a lot for my kids, too. It's one of the many services I'm unfortunately signed up for but I think in this case, it's worth it.

Watching Jackass Forever on it tonight.

Halo was good, too.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Nice! First ep was decent, hope to see it stick around and build into something great.

Paramount+ is low key my most used service because of Trek + Peppa pig (+ Nick stuff) for the kids.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I enjoyed the first episode once I made peace with the fact this is a different timeline and I'm super IN for the ride.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Star Trek dominates Paramount Plus in terms of content and viewership. ST: Discovery is the top-rated show on P+, even surpassing Yellowstone. But I suspect that Halo will eventually beat it out.

If Halo keeps on going like this, then it'll no doubt lead to other spin-offs.
Yellowstone isn't on P+ (at least in the US).

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the team! It's not for me but it's clearly for a good number of people and it seems like they did a good job.