• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
HBO max continues to be THEE superior platform. The content is outstanding. Theaters are going to have to systematically change the way that they handle or being in customers to even survive if they're not already done

While this will absolutely impact the number of people going to theaters, there's still a market/audience who love the movie theater experience.

I think theaters will survive, just radically changed.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As someone who has subbed for years since it was just HBO this service just keeps delivering, and is the last one I would cancel.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they be doing this if they hadn't pushed Tenet into that fool's errand?

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
neo_whoa.jpg

The correct response

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I still love going to the theaters but this really is the end of an era. The years of multiple billion dollar movies are gone. Damn. Crazy.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything I've ever wanted for movies is happening... All that's left is Rob Zombie's Halloween III: Season of the Witch and that's literally everything

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take it. As long as I can have Dune I'm happy to pay extra without going to the cinema.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they be doing this if they hadn't pushed Tenet into that fool's errand?

Honestly, while it was extremely dumb of them, they'd still be stuck in the same situation, with an additional movie to figure out how to release.

Tenet brought clarity, but the past few months have shown no improvement for theaters from a safety perspective. WB would be mostly in the same spot, with or without Tenet's release.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Crazy. I might never go out to the movies again if they even exist after the next few years. Unless they lower their costs by quite a bit, it makes absolutely no sense to do so at this point.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The 31-day window for these movies to be on HBO Max is a bit odd... I guess they will treat that first window as a theatrical release, then release physical media/rentals/VOD off the service before the movie might resurface on HBO Max down the line?

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
AMC's CHOAM contract just dried up! Guild Navigators shall bring my desires directly to my sietch, for only 25 kilos of spice? PRAISE SHAI-HULUD

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No reason anymore to go the movie theater and get annoyed with assholes on their cell phones.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Does this hinder the chance of Dune sequel getting made?
If so, FUCK THIS SHIT!!!